ING Direct

ING Direct Reviews in Saint Cloud, MN

3.6

ING Direct Chairman, President, and CEO Arkadi Kuhlmann
Arkadi Kuhlmann

Pros
  • good benefits-attention to work life balance- (in 14 reviews)

• Great benefits, beautiful in house gym (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, and promotions are only within sales which is essentially the same job just positioning different products (in 7 reviews)

• Too many people working in middle management that don't have legit education (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great benefits, hard to get PTO, sales floor immature

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at ING Direct full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, beautiful in house gym

Cons

I work in sales and it feels like a kindergarten teacher runs it. They started hiring kids in college and many are too immature to be dealing with people's finances. Leadership, especially on site upper management is unethical

Please practice what you preach

Very frustrating for someone who wants to grow within the company professionally.

Former Employee - Loan Processor  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at ING Direct

Pros

Great benefits package. It is the only reason to work there.

Cons

Not one promotion or raise in the two years I worked there. I was one of the best processors on my team and the managers did not give you recognition. The one time I made a mistake I was written up for it and was threatened to be fired. When I quit to pursue my masters the managers did not even say good bye. Managers of this particular team were not motivating what-so-ever.

The best work environment possible with poor pay

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at ING Direct

Pros

ING Direct has some of the best management and overall work environments that one can be a part of. It truly feels like you're working as a team if not a family.

Cons

Compared to other job positions at other companies, the pay scale is inadequate. If you go to the U.S. Bureau of labor Statistics website, it lists the median the median income level of a loan officer as approximately $55k annually.

Keep doing what you are doing, because you truly do make this a great work place. Everyone cares about other associates well being .

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyable

Current Employee - Operations Coach  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - Operations Coach in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at ING Direct

Pros

Really good benefits, above average pay, really good attitude, "flat" organization.

Cons

Pay not as high as in other places.

Really hope we don't lose the attitude and energy when Cap One transition is done. Don't want it to become just another bank. Right now, we're unique.

ING Direct

Current Employee - Transaction Processing Associate  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - Transaction Processing Associate in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at ING Direct

Pros

Senior management has a good vision of where the company should go and the culture fosters teamwork and a sense of family.

Cons

Information is not always shared as fast as possible with every employee so that everyone knows what is going on in the company.

Stay in the direction the bank is going because leadership has a strong understanding of customer needs and makes decisions accordingly.

Alot of potential with small town issues

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at ING Direct

Pros

ING is a very fast growing company and growth in any economic environment is a good thing. With growth comes many opportunities for career advancement so it generally looks like a good fit for many.

Cons

Located in a small town outside the twin cities, it is not the best place for an outsider. Any different idea, thought or look is considered outside of the ordinary and sice everyone else knows everyone its easy to tell that you didnt attend 'St. Cloud State' a.k.a the only college in town.

Micro-managing managers, .... and a list of small town annoyances you might not be ready for.

Didn't stay long enough to find the words. ;-)

Incompotence in the workplace

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at ING Direct

Pros

Only good reason to work at ING Direct is if you like your coworkers.

Cons

They have work by unethical business practices and favor SALES while treated other employees as second rate. Managers are incompotent and never there when you need assistance; coworkers (most) are even more incompotent; they are continuing to require more of their workers while denying them pay increases and lowering their bonuses each year.

Get your heads off your high horses and realize you need training and learn how to better communicate with your employees. Also, STOP hiring sales employees when your still supposedly on a "hiring freeze" and get rid of the morons you refuse to fire that have been costing the bank $$$ for years.... Will save the bank hundreds of thousands of $$$!

Good Benefits, Crappy Pay, "Low Cost Business Model" Sucks! MANY UNHAPPY EMPLOYESS ARE SCARED TO ADMIT IT!!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate-Promoter  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate-Promoter in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at ING Direct

Pros

Good benefits, 6% 401K matched, good health, dental, maternity.

Cons

Sitting on the phones all day gets very boring. The shifts are horrible, the office is open from 7AM to 10PM 7 days a week. As soon as your shift gets decent, you'll be offered a promotion in which will cause your shift to go back to being horrible, (Tuesday-Saturday 1-10PM). Forget about having a family. Everything is "low cost business model." So everything is cheap, they cut corners on everything. Seriously you will get in trouble if you start work 15 seconds late!! Being on the sales floor, you are pushed to sell, much of our pay is based on intentives, and if you don't make your incentives for the month, you'll most likely have trouble paying your bills. Don't count on making the incentives either, as ING makes they very difficult & tricky to earn.

Relax on the "low cost business model" thing. The office should be open slightly longer than 8-5, but 7AM -10PM 7 days a week is RIDICULIS!!!

Poor pay - great benefits

Current Employee - Loan Operations Associate  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - Loan Operations Associate in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at ING Direct

Pros

The benefites are very good. Excellent health, dental 401k, tuition assistance, maternity and paternity leave, parking is paid for by the comany, etc. Excellent gym. Some management is willing to help you and your career. Others see you as a threat if you even try to outsmart them.

Cons

Management incompetence - lack of knowledge and experience, Pay sucks, waaaay to big in 'saving' money. The new building in St. Cloud sucks - things are constantly breaking down, simply due to how cheap everything was built...Cuz you have to be underbudget! Many people have gotten stuck in the elevators, no air ventatilation and frequent power outages.

get an education. Open your eyes and pay your employees more money. Just remember...you get what you pay for!

Worked for ING Direct? Contribute to the Community!