ING

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rodney O. Martin Jr.

Ok place but impossible to start right away

Financial Advisor Advisor (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsGood place to work. A ton of possibilities to make a lot of money.

ConsThere are four to five extremely hard exams you must complete before even stepping foot in the office. They also do not pay you while you study. Very tough place to start for a just out of college kid.

Advice to Senior Managementlet first year employees start in the office while studying.

No knowledge approach to IT Security

Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Benefits took a turn for the worse with Obama-care. Continue to hire non-IT security managers to manage security teams

ConsBenefits took a turn for the worse with Obama-care. Continue to hire non-IT security managers to manage security teams, thus having "no added value" to group.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire security managers !! NOT business application managers to manage security teams !

The worst company I have ever worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Braintree, MA

ProsNone. Bad culture and disrespect for workers.

ConsNo logical business plan. Terrible management. You are just a number. No balance of work to life. Since taking over another company's IT system there is virtually no plan except to layoff more and more employees. If you are applying for a job at this company be aware that they layoff people often.

Advice to Senior ManagementTurn off the lights after you drive the company into the ground.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Changes

ProsBsnefits, PTO, up to 6% match in 401k and retirement pension

ConsNo upward mobility. Low engagement, lots of restructuring, lack of leadership.

good work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosyou are left to do your job

Consuncertainty of the company future

Advice to Senior Managementnone

manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosvery felxiable with the work schedule. generous with being open minded to working from home. the compensation package was good as well as the benefits.

Consa fair company to work for but not great. not much of an oppurtunity to advance. could do a better job encouraging working together accross teams.

Good employees, poor leadership

ProsExcellent hardworking employees, flexible work arrangements, get it done attitude, customer focus, fair compensation, team oriented employees willing to help

ConsPoor leadership from VP's and CIO, lack of coordination between organizations, lack of clear direction and actionable strategy, lack of standard operating procedures across organizations, no set priorities for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees and solicit feedback when not forthcoming from employees. Focus on top priorities, complete them then move on to the next set of priorities. Expect reasonable workloads from employees.

Customer Service

Customer Service (Former Employee) Windsor, CT

ProsGreat benefits, pleasant work environment

ConsLots of change and restructuring

cannot reccomend this place at all

Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosnone at all to think of

Conslots of politics, no upward movement and lots of not so smart people

Advice to Senior Managementwhere do i start?

Financial Adviser

ProsYour are an independent representative. No one really supervises you - your OSJ is in another state typically.

ConsYou are 100% alone. There are no meetings where you learn new products, investment ideas, etc. It is a role that only a highly motivated sales person can succeed. FEES, FEES, FEES. There is a fee for everything, and your E&O insurance will be double what you can buy it on the open market.

Advice to Senior ManagementPull local advisers together, share investment ideas, strategies for sales, etc. Many are dying on the vine wishing they had a little help from management. Give the newer advisers 3 years to come up to your minimums on GDC.

Worked for ING? Contribute to the Community!