INTERAMERICAN MOTOR CORP

www.imcparts.net

INTERAMERICAN MOTOR CORP Reviews

Updated May 29, 2014

John Mosunic

IMC Personafies "Customer Focused Management"

Sales Person (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat company with strong 50 year history and IMC really does care about it's customers and employees

ConsIMC had a tough year in 2011 due to a computer conversion, but, they really took care of their people.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep going the same path you started in January. The new leadership is really making IMC a great place to work!

Big Plans-or-Exit Strategy

ProsAs an Employee of IMC for over 10 years it is easy to see that the people working for IMC are the glue that hold this company together, during my tenure. Experienced individuals bring significant strength to this company. Beyond that, I must say there isn't much going for IMC and the future looks dark.

ConsAfter years of change such as computer systems, management turnover and failed attempts at developing new locations it's difficult to see a positive outcome for IMC. The culture at IMC due to management and their lack of understanding has become one in which many employees, like myself, are looking outside for any opportunity to advance our careers with other companies. Cons with IMC include; poor leadership, misguided direction of the company, computer system integration and product offering development, supply chain/logistical procedure. Unfortunately I can go on.
    If you are an individual looking to join IMC and this is a stepping stone for your career then I recommend IMC because the employees are fantastic people and will help you grow within this industry. If you are seasoned in your automotive career and looking to IMC as an advancement along that path I wish you great success but strongly suggest you look to other avenues. The future of IMC looks dark.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to your employees for the direction. Your track record is well known and the people you depend upon to advance your current agenda are not supporting you nor will they. Employees are not commodities nor will you achieve success thinking you have all the answers. The current direction is seen as an exit strategy and that goes far beyond the employees at IMC. With over 30 years of experience in this industry IMC was by far the best company to work for 10 years ago. I hope it can capture a little of that going forward and reverse the downward spiral.

New management = Less Profit, Less Productivity

ProsExcellent co-workers, everyone here really treats each other with respect. Decent benefits, and the occasional company party that usually involves a food truck from a pretty good place (The Habit burgers or In-n-Out).

ConsThere have been multiple lay-offs recently and several upper management figures have been replaced by new folks. The company has suffered severe profit downturns and the morale among the employees has never been lower.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of making IMC more like WorldPac or attempting to fix what isn't broken, focus on improving the morale of your employees. When everyone thinks they're one day closer to being fired for no apparent reason, nobody is going to feel very motivated.

Worked for INTERAMERICAN MOTOR CORP? Contribute to the Community!