INTRUST Bank Reviews

Updated April 4, 2015
9 reviews filtered by
Charles Q. Chandler IV

1. Decent company for being a local bank.

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Wichita, KS

I worked at INTRUST Bank

Pros

They are pretty flexible for college students. They do well at keeping a good work/life balance.

Cons

Not to much growth opprotunity from location to location. If you want to move up you have to be willing to move around to a different branch as positions open up.

2. Bullying and Toxic Culture.

Current Employee - Operations in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Operations in Wichita, KS

I have been working at INTRUST Bank full-time

Pros

-Generous vacation
    -great co workers
    -numerous perks
    -you can definitely learn a lot

Cons

-Management are bullies and rewarded for it
    -pay is not enough for work performed
    -you don't have just your job to do, they make you do everyone else's as well, so they don't have to hire new employees. Then, when extra hours are needed to complete a job meant for more than1,2,3 people they want you to try and keep your overtime down. It is impossible to keep overtime down when you do a job meant for more than one person. There are only so many hours in the day to get things done.
    -Most times you are so busy you don't have time to go to lunch

Advice to Management

I don't even know where to begin. Too many to list. All I can say is what goes around comes around. Stop the harassment and bullying. Just because someone has been a manager or supervisor for many years does not mean they treat others how they legally should in the workplace. At what point does someone's knowledge outweigh how they treat another person? Basically, what does Intrust stand for because the message I got was that they stand for glorified harassment. I recommend a full review of managements conduct.

A great place to get job experience to move elsewhere

I have been working at INTRUST Bank

Pros

Excellent co-workers, customers and working environment.

Cons

There seems to be a difficulty to move up within the company unless you know someone or are named after them. It's not like that always. It's not terrible and no one is malicious. But this is not a company where you'll work your way up the corporate ladder quickly. Especially if your under a certain age.

Advice to Management

Make use of the employees you have rather than hiring external so much. The company went through all the trouble of making and bragging about a system to help employees design career paths. So use it!

5. Okay place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager

I worked at INTRUST Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice employees and good bonus payout for making your sales

Cons

company as transformed into a "rich person" bank... bank requires $1000 min balance for a basic checking account and everything costs money.. making it harder for employees to meet sales goals... and keeping your job depends on making those sales

Advice to Management

don't work in a banking center unless you are a pushy sales type person

employee review, Intrust Bank

Current Employee - Credit Analyst I in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst I in Wichita, KS

I have been working at INTRUST Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely pleasant. Low key. Friendly. Great training. Great experience builder for career. Primary career at the bank would be to transition to a commercial lender after 3-7 years. To become a commercial lender, it is faster to leave the bank and lend elsewhere and return as a lender if desired.

Cons

Wages. IMO It may be cost effective for management to accept high turnover for reduced wages.

Enjoyable

Former Employee - Wealth Management in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Wealth Management in Wichita, KS

I worked at INTRUST Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work place, benefits are ok

Cons

not always knowing what is happening with the department

Advice to Management

Review your supervisors more closely by talking to the actual employees under them

8. gaining expereince

I have been working at INTRUST Bank

Pros

great people to work with and autonomy within job scope

Cons

having trust issues. would like a competitive salary.

Great, solid company to work for.

I have been working at INTRUST Bank

Pros

INTRUST Bank is a fair company that is solidly based and strong. They treat customers fairly and take great care of thier employees. It is a great company/family to be apart of.

Cons

The total compensation is great, but base pay is not competitive with other national banks in the area.

Advice to Management

None

Decent place to work...for a college student

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at INTRUST Bank

Pros

For some reason, the rating system isn't working for me. Fairness and respect I would give a 4, because all employees are treated equally (i.e., all go through the same review process, take the same assessments for the same positions, have the same expectations of performance, etc.). Work/Life balance I would give a 5; the company is very, very good about working with employees when something comes up, and most any time off request is granted. The company is especially good about working with students and parents, and has a very flexible work schedule. It's also nice to have most every holiday you can think of off. Employee morale would probably get a 4 from me; overall, it's a pretty good place to work.

Cons

Career Opportunites would receive a 2 from me; there is very little chance of upward mobility, as most employees stay with the company for many years. Also, the company is private and as such is growing, but a somewhat slow rate which puts a damper on the possibility of promotion. Communication would receive a 3; they are pretty good about communicating information, but sometimes in a less-than-speedy manner. Recognition and feedback would receive a 3; the direct managers tend to recognize a job well done, but senior level management is lacking in that department. Senior leadership would receive a 3; they are all very skilled in their jobs, but sometimes don't communicate very well with lower-level employees. Compensation and benefits would receive a 3; it's a great-paying job for a college student, but doesn't really adjust pay for those who earn a degree, etc.

Advice to Management

Be more timely when interviewing, especially when interviewing current employees for promotions.