INgrooves

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robb McDaniels

I had a great employment experience at INgrooves Fontana

Sales/Marketing Intern (Former Employee)
Encino, CA

I worked at INgrooves as an intern for less than a year

ProsThis was a great opportunity for someone trying to make their way in to the music industry

ConsThe only downside to this job was there was no advancement opportunity during the time I was there even though I was there for quite some time

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the company is great though I think they could be more proactive about keeping good people on staff

Pros & Cons

I have been working at INgrooves full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat experience in a fast-paced company, with the ability to continually learn something new everyday.

ConsSenior Management doesn't care about the careers of their employees, if you are simply looking for a job that you can show up to everyday, perform, then go home and not worry about it, this is the place for you. If you are looking for a position with any type of mentorship or guidance from the executive team look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the development of your employees

Good place to work, but not without its problems

San Francisco, CA

I worked at INgrooves full-time for more than a year

Prosping-pong, foosball;
fresh fruits every week;
pizza, beer and wine for special occasions;
laid-back working atmosphere;

Conslimited growth potential;
a lot of overtime work (can vary based on specialty);
not all managers know how to work with people;

Sales & Marketing Manager

I worked at INgrooves

ProsGood grow potential and nice working environment

ConsSometimes work paced can be slow

Advice to Senior Managementmake the relationship with employees more exciting and rewarding

Growing Fast...which is mostly great.

Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at INgrooves full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of room to do new things. Company is open to new ideas and constantly trying to do new things. Good reputation in the industry and a great place to learn "the" business.

ConsLack of infrastructure and resources can make things challenging. The music industry assumes you will take compensation in other forms (tickets, time off, etc.)

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the pipes. Get the systems up to speed.

INgrooves hires kids right out of college so they can pay little, treat employees like slaves and fire them whenever.

Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at INgrooves full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLaid back work atmosphere, lot's of ping-pong.

Cons70-90 hour work weeks for a salary that starts at 38k. Stick around if you are wiling to work those hours for that pay without complaint.
Kiss the executives asses to keep your job.
Frequent the most trendy dive bars in the mission and listen to bands no one has ever heard of to be in with the in-crowd.
No teamwork.
Get a title upgrade after only a year, little to no raise.
Executives that were brought in from Universal are power hungry, egotistical and sexist.
HR works for the executives, not for the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the employees that work-hard and are loyal and reward them with a raise - not a title upgrade.
Stop having meetings behind glass walls, creates an environment of paranoia and a clear demonstration of chosen favorite employees.
Hire new executives and get rid of the executives brought in from Universal.

Overall great place to work at

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at INgrooves

ProsGreat work atmosphere, fun people to work with. Great experience.

ConsOffice Politics can become a problem very quickly. limited growth potential because of the company size.

This place treats their employees like crap

I worked at INgrooves

ProsCEO is incredibly intelligent, as a start up the company was great, cared about the employee morale and nurtured ideas.

ConsAs the company grew it became a horrible place to work. All the employees there now secretly want to leave. The VPs that were brought in from Universal will curse at you and are extremely disrespectful, to the tune of "everyone shut the f*** up this is a dictatorship and I"m the dictator." Employees are treated unfairly as if a "caste system" existed. The negative attitude and lack of tactfulness from management trickles down to subordinate employees. No one seems genuine there, and there is an extreme lack of collaboration.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees, there are bigger and more established companies that make millions a year and center on a collaborative philosophy, positive company morale and care about their employees. Common guys!

Great Company

I have been working at INgrooves full-time

ProsOffice atmosphere is second to none. Young, energetic employees with a passion for music and technology. Senior management is comprised of intelligent, forward-thinking professionals that care about their employees. Great location and lots of ping pong and foosball.

ConsINgrooves is growing quickly, so often times employees face long work days. Salaries could be higher.

Worked for INgrooves? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at INgrooves reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for INgrooves CEO Robb McDaniels. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by INgrooves employees.