IOActive

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jennifer Steffens

Fun and challenging

Security Consultant (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsWe get to do what we love every day. I love the new office and it's a great way for everyone to work together. Makes us feel much more like a team. The consulting gigs are always challenging and the research projects really push my skill set. Getting to travel and work with smart people is my dream job come true.

ConsI wish I could spend more time with other pirates. But the team trips are great and always inspire me to try new things.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore great pirates please!

Best company in the world

Buenos Aires (Argentina)

ProsIOActive is definitely a hard core company. The research makes it really fun and hard. Lots of fun travel and cool people to work with. And we get to be pirates. They bring us together a few times a year so you make a lot of friends, break cool technology and have fun. This company is different than any other in the world.

ConsI don't have anything bad to say about working at IOActive.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know how they do it so just keep doing what you're doing!

Best place to work

Cairo (Egypt)

ProsI left a job in IT to work in IOAcitve. Now I'm finally getting paid to do what I love. The gigs are fun and I get to travel around the world. Sometimes it is hard to go back home as now I have had a taste of other lives.

The company has given me the chance to meet people I knew online for years. Now I know them in person too!

Our captain is great. I don't think she ever sleeps!

ConsI always want to do more and learn more but not enough hours in the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementI share my research ideas often. Cesar always has great feedback and helps me create new projects.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI look forward to work every day. The team really rallies behind all the sales and marketing efforts. They never make me feel stupid even as I learn the technology. I love my clients and I enjoy all the new challenges they provide. Plus as a sales person getting to be involved in the project delivery makes it the best job ever!

ConsAlways juggling a lot of balls so never enough time in the day but it's all pressure I put on myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorld domination. Bring it on!

Totally cool experience

London, England (UK)

ProsChris Valasek teaching me to hack cars, Michael Milvich teaching me to reverse engineer, Mike Davis teaching me hardware hacking. Ruben Santamarta letting me help on his research. My mind is blown daily here.

ConsI wish we could all be together more often but they arrange as many trips as possible. I look forward to them every time.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe're always reminded that we're a meritocracy. I share my ideas all the time.

Can't imagine working anywhere else

Principal Security Consultant (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsThings are always interesting. I get to work on lots of projects with lots of different people. Jennifer is great inspiration and so easy to work with. She definitely understands us geeks. Cesar and Gunter make sure we have lots of research opportunity. The sales team makes sure to sell engagements we want to work on. Even on bad days, can't imagine working anywhere else.

ConsSo many new things to try, so little time. I am tackling hardware hacking, control systems, client stuff! It's hard to know what to try first sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing. It just gets better every year.

Amazing

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsYou can express your own ideas and manager your time.

ConsSome projects are not assigned based on the skills of the people.

The IOActive team has become my family

Security Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsSmart people, fun gigs, research, IOAvalanche, training (I just did one with Joe Grand). IOActive is challenging but rewarding. I don't live in the US so this job has opened my eyes to so many great things and people. We would follow Sunshine around the world. She is a great leader!

ConsI wish I could see my fellow pirates every day.

Great being part of the pirate crew

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsEven though I work from home, I like being part of such a smart and tight team. I learn from others all the time and get to work on exciting consulting and research projects. Cesar does a great job getting everyone research time too. Plus who can resist the Freakshow?

ConsGotta keep sharp to keep up with the hardcore clients. Not sure if this a pro or con but it's not for the weak!

Highly Technical, Intimate feel

Seattle, WA

ProsGreat environment, very easy to work with everyone

ConsVery technical environment, you have to know your p's and q's before even walking in.

Worked for IOActive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IOActive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IOActive CEO Jennifer Steffens. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by IOActive employees.