IOD Inc

Be The First To
Add Photos

George Abatjoglou

Client rep, Area Supervisor

Client Services Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsFamily atmosphere and exceptional ethics. Quality core values with Major growth potential. Best job I have ever had and I have had several. Working mom and this is the best job to be so. Even get to work from home. I recommend this company to everyone I can. Big on communication and recognize team members talent and hard work. Volunteer paid time off and down to earth, reachable CEO.

ConsHealth care plan isn't superb but it's on par with the industry. It's never going to make anyone completely satisfied but the only healthcare that would would be completely FREE.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep up with the Microsoft network for communication and the coding development program. The 7Geese program for quarterly one-on-ones is a tremendous potential unleasher. Goals and an open company where everyone at every rank and level is in the spotlight and available to share their knowledge and ideas makes it an amazing and exciting environment.

Office manager

Office Manager (Former Employee)
    Totowa, NJ

ProsVery relax environment staff was very hard workers and if you would like to learn more on document conversion this would be a good start

ConsVery difficult to complete many projects in a short time frame just to keep up statistics. ..

Advice to Senior ManagementYes there is advancement but doesn't match and health insurance was not the best

Lots of paper

ProsJob growth, learning, new skills

ConsHigh production expectations with little room for error

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stepping Stone but not a permanent path to stay on.

Client Services Representative (Former Employee)

ProsGood place to start out to gain experience, If your a parent it would be an ideal place to start because of the flexibiltiy but that depends on your Manager.

ConsNo room for advancement, Training is minimal and the attitude is you either swim or sink, Co. Health Insurance is terrible, Some Managers show favortism, If your anticipating a decent raise be prepared to be disapointed.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't possibly give advice to Management who sees the revolving door of employees leaving and don't bother to ask them why and what's the problem.

Utter disappointment

CPC Processor (Current Employee)
    Green Bay, WI

ProsCasual dress, decent coworkers to work with

ConsHealth insurance is terrible, no 401k matching, don't even get your own workspace, little room for error, terrible pay

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better so you don't continue to lose quality employees

Document Imaging- It was a good starting point for someone new to Health Information Management.

Document Imaging (Former Employee)

ProsI think the starting pay was good during the training period.

ConsDepending on your position, you will work on production once your training is done.

Not a career

Medical Records Processor (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsQuiet environment. small group of employees, okay management

ConsFavortism, lack of training, no opportunities for growth, inconsistent hours based on workload for the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication with the team, everyone just seems to be in their own little world and no one knows what's going on with anyone.

Client Service Rep

Client Services Representative (Current Employee)

ProsVery relaxed environment but lots of responsibility.

ConsSeems to be behind a few years when it come to lower level technology for employees.
    Little advancement opportunity but they are working to improve this.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to your employees. Although you aren't a fortune 500 I think there is potential.

ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS AND REQEUST A SITE VISIT

Client Services Representative (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsI think my dissatisfaction has about as much to do with where I am assigned as the job itself. Doing the medical record scanning into the company's software is detailed oriented but the task in and of itself is not difficult with some practice. If this is all you will be expected to do, then you will most likely be happy. If, however, you will be expected to fax and/or mail out discharge information to multiple health care providers on ALL discharges daily, field ALL phone calls into HIM and do any other miscellaneous faxing that comes along, you'd better think long and hard before you accept the offer.

ConsUnless you are going to work at a facility that has EMR (Electronic Medical Records), run as fast as you can to another employer. The volume of work at a facility WITHOUT EMR is WAY BEYOND what I was led to believe. The description of the job overall was simplistic which appealed to me because I wasn't looking for a position that would cause me to stress out and loose sleep. Only one IOD staff postion at the facility and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get all the work done. Constant interruptions with a phone that rings an average of every 20 minutes in an 8 hour day(and usually only to give out the HIM fax number). Phone activity during the interview was described as only ringing occasionnally. NOT!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you have a candidate that you are serious about hiring, allow them to do a site visit(hopefully the site they will be assigned to) and see what the workflow looks like. Short of that, allow the current incumbent to sit in on the interview so that the candidate can ask hin/her questions.

A good place to work for

CPC Processor (Former Employee)
    Green Bay, WI

ProsIOD has a relaxed atmosphere and the supervisors are very understanding of any issues that may arise due to an employee's personal life. There is a complete open door policy there also. They also do a lot of charity to different organizations. They are also very good in recognizing their employees.

ConsTheir insurance coverage is not good at all. I didn't really know a lot of people that took the insurance because it was so bad. It is expensive insurance for no coverage.
    Communication is easily pushed aside, at times, I felt like I was not informed enough of

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the insurance that is offered. There should be more communication between management and employees.

Worked for IOD Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IOD Inc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IOD Inc CEO George Abatjoglou. All 24 reviews posted anonymously by IOD Inc employees.