IPC Healthcare Reviews

Adam D. Singer

Director of Business Development

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at IPC Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Very open to change/ideas to improve and increase business

Cons

Healthcare insurance a little pricy for employees, but having said that does cover everything needed (vision, dental, etc.)

2. Dir Ops

Current Employee - Director of Operations
    Current Employee - Director of Operations

I have been working at IPC Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with IPC for about 6 months. I have really enjoyed being part of the company and have enjoyed the professionalism and team approach the company focuses on. I especially enjoy the autonomy and decision making ability.

Cons

The company continues to grow which can put strains on processes. While I think the company works hard to improve and scale process. I would like to see more focus on this.

Advice to Management

Outsource non-core technology. It is something that is not core to the function of healthcare and there are far better external systems. Would like to seem more seamless integration of technology.

3. A great company to work for with leadership that is very "hands-on"!

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Port Charlotte, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Port Charlotte, FL

I have been working at IPC Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging opportunities for business growth and financial increases.

Cons

I really can't offer any cons, it truly is a great place to work!

Advice to Management

Continue to be supportive and available to all employees!

5. Positioned to succeed in the ever changing healthcare world.

Current Employee - Director of Practice Management and Business Development
    Current Employee - Director of Practice Management and Business Development

I have been working at IPC Healthcare full-time

Pros

Leadership preaches that a commitment to our facility partners (hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, etc.) means putting their unique needs ahead of business growth activities. That requires us to set aside pure revenue-generating activities in order to participate in quality meetings, strategy sessions and other improvement related activities. Creating good partnerships that focus on long-term relationships is the key.

On the strictly business side, IPC provides associates with the support of a large organization and the freedom to engage your local market with an entrepreneur's spirit.

Cons

Nothing that exceeds the usual work-related frustrations.

Advice to Management

Continue the recent efforts to leverage the scale of IPC's relationships, metrics and clinical expertise. The market needs increased understanding that IPC is positioned to meet the challenges of change.

6. Corporate Management

I have been working at IPC Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Proactive. Very strong/dynamic Corporate Management. And technology is state of the art-- Virtual Office IPC Link enables the company to stay connected to all aspects of business continually.

Cons

Weak local management; little support

Advice to Management

Create a report card for Operations managers and Recruiter so the POD actually knows what these people are contributing to the success of the POD. Physicians feel they are doing all they can--seeing patients and presenting a positive impression of IPC at the local level; they do not feel that management has enhanced relationships in any way. PGLS do reports, lets see one from Ops Managers that everyone can read; if the submitter is missing the boat or doing things behind the scenes the POD will know. Physicans pay 30% to IPC and want a better understanding of where that goes. As far a recruiters-- we see candidates but not those who have inquired and passed for some reason. All that is helpful to know--is there something we should be doing differently, are we seeing as many candidates as other local group are seeing, etc., why is someone choosing a competitor and not us?

7. IPC is unlike any other company I've worked for - in a good way!

I have been working at IPC Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been here for about a year and I can't say enough about how great it is. The bosses are really great and listen to you. There is a chance for you to move up the ladder as long as you voice your intentions about where you want to go. Innovation is also a key strategy within the company and I like that. I like that I can take my creative ideas and run with them.

Cons

Sometimes communication is lacking because we are so greatly dispersed.

Advice to Management

You should definitely make sure people are getting a competitive salary compared to the industry.

8. Very Pleased with IPC Healthcare As An Employer

Current Employee - Director Level Corporate Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director Level Corporate Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at IPC Healthcare

Pros

Although I have only been a member of the IPC Healthcare team a short time, I have been VERY impressed so far with the recruiting process, on-boarding process and the new employee training thus far. IPC Healthcare ensures that each new employee gets off to a GREAT start!

Cons

No cons to report thus far.

sacrifices quality for revenue

I worked at IPC Healthcare (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very large company, with multiple opportunities and significant infrastructure, but no organization

Cons

IPC was a very well-organized company with a revolutionary model back in the 1990s, when everyone was talking about volume. Since that time, however, it continues to operate under that same model, and unsuccessfully tries to superimpose the quality model that the healthcare industry has long ago moved to upon it. Doctors will routinely see far more patients than literature supports as safe for maximal quality and doctors continually burnout from overwork. Make good money, but at the expense of quality. Senior management almost completely invisible.

Advice to Management

embrace the new industry delivery of care model. Stop pretending that you are already doing it.

No personal growth and bonus is very little

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

I have been working at IPC Healthcare

Pros

Flexible hour and plenty of work all the time, even when you're on vacation

Cons

No Personal growth
    Bonus is not based on how hard you work or how much you achieve. It's how much they like you. It's almost non-existent
    Micro management
    No team building
    Everyone is on their own
    Finger pointing
    High turn over in every department, so if you stay back, you have pick up other people's slack as the door continue to spin
    Lot of work, because management doesn't want to spend money to hiring the right people or enough resources for any projects
    No recognition of good work, but only get blame or .... when something bad come up
    Not treating employees very nice

Advice to Management

Send management on training on how to treat employees.
    Look at how other good company are treating their employees
    If you really want to retain talents, treat them better than other employers

11. Best professional and financial rewarding position as PA in my 12 years working as PA

Current Employee - Director of Clinical Informatics in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Director of Clinical Informatics in Detroit, MI

I have been working at IPC Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

IPC has encouraged and helped me to blossom as a leader. They have developed me along with courses at some of the top Academic institutions in the US to lead my colleagues.

Cons

We work hard and some times long hours to accomplish goals.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging the next generation of medical leaders to develop themselves.