IPC International

IPC International President Howard L Kaplan

Howard L Kaplan

Good job

Security Officer (Current Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsMeeting people, working eight hour shifts with little to no overtime.

ConsWalking for 8 hours continueously outdoors in All types of weather. Management rarely does what they say. Tells you one thing and does another.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say.

In the beginning of my employment with IPC I loved the company, but my last few years have been negatively challenging.

Security Officer (Current Employee)

ProsI was afforded a unique opportunity to be of service, on many different levels, to the community and the public in general. I also enjoy working with such a economically, socially, and professionally diverse group of people. I also enjoy my role in relation to the various groups of Public Safety, i.e., Police, Medical and Fire and Rescue Departments.

ConsI found it very difficult to be treated as though I am just another body used to build their bottom line. I feel that the work environment is very cliquish and promotions, pay raises, schedule request, and any favorable benefits are not awarded based on merit. Loyalty and respect are commanded, but not given.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a long hard and close look at those that you place into authoritarian positions. Try beginning with professional work ethics, integrity, and character as opposed to friendship, looks, and butt kissing.

More worried about bottom line than providing quality Service.

Management (Current Employee)

ProsCompany was great at the beginning. Really got bad in the last 5 years. It was all about profit, profit, profit.

ConsCompany will no longer be in business as of January 2014. Many clients that were loyal to IPC are now on the fence as to staying with Universal Protection Services or not. Forced Directors to manage additional accounts. Unfortunately, several of the executives who had this "profit only" mentality are now on board with UPS, so the mentality will not change. Director's meeting were always based on how to increase the profit margin, not once was any discussion held on incentives for Directors yet Regionals and above received commission based on how their group performed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good training, but no upward movement

Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) Flint, MI

ProsTraining and flexibility with the schedule. Professionalism is good.

ConsNot much opportunity to advance, pay is lower than similar companies in the same location.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more advancement opportunities, perhaps education incentives, or advanced training rewards.

Best Foot in the Door job in the Law Enforcement Industry

Security Supervisor (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsLots of training, great management, professional environment

Consnothing bad to say about the company

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up guys, you're awesome

Terrible Company

Security Officer (Current Employee) Oak Brook Mall Branch, IL

ProsI'd give you pros but I can't think of any.

ConsTook away sick days, took away awesome insurance for bad insurance that doesn't cover anything. Field management spy's on employees, write ups for petty things that a verbal talking to would cover. Zero communication between management and employees. Pay raises are few and far between, didn't have a employee review in two years. Property company froze our pay because they went into bankruptcy didn't get raises during that duration and then when we did it was 18 cents. Increased starting pay to 10.45 an hour but didn't increase pay for people who had been there longer. Get stuck doing work that is not apart of my job description.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employee's decent wages for the amount garbage you make us do.

Very Blahh

ProsOk amuont of hours ok scheduals, interesting people to work with. Not to stressful a job

ConsWont give anyone full time hours but supervisors and Director. Time Off and avalibility requests are ignored right out

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being cheap and give more people full time hours

Beware!!

Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsNice environment, plenty of opportunity to help others.

ConsDelusional and psychotic supervisors, you will lose your job without notice. Four of us lost our jobs all at once due to the onset of a new co. IPC had advanced notice and told no one until the last second.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry try please try to find some morals and ethics.

a great place to get fired from

Prosgood friends, great training availability, full or part time availability, director attempts to schedule based on your personal needs

Conspay is poor compared to risk. more security gurds killed at work than police officers, concierge makes more per hour than security guard with NONE OF THE JOB RISKS OR RESPONSIBILITIES

Advice to Senior Managementstop throwing your people under the bus, pay more

Great location, could use some improvements!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Corte Madera, CA

ProsDescent hours and shifts. Good Site Director.

ConsWe can't get any info from the Assistant Director, who only works two days per week (No D.A.R.). Curious how one is an assistant director, when they can't do there actual full time job?????? Our benefits are being cut down, so that only full time staff get any thing. No vacation, or sick time, which for allot of us, is a major reason for having these jobs....

Worked for IPC International? Contribute to the Community!