IPC Systems

Add Photos

IPC Systems CEO and Director Lance B. Boxer

Lance B. Boxer

Good work. Not bad

ProsGood work. Not bad, but needs improvement

ConsNo vision, lack of direction

Summer Intern Experience.

Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsThe CEO was very hands on with the employees and was accessible even to interns. The location of the company is great for the market that they are in and presents a lot of different opportunities throughout the summer to gain exposure to the customers the company services. Co-workers were easy to work with for the most part.

ConsThere was simply not enough work to do for interns at this company. Managers seemed reticent to give more work and the work that was there was not sufficient. Much of the interns time was spent surfing the net.

A company great for learning

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Fairfield, CT

ProsThis is a great company providing you the opportunity to learn some essential skills in corporate America.

ConsPathologically political organization; top heavy. Over the past decade, the culture was getting worse and worse.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great staff, extremely dedicated to customer service.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIndustry leader in trading systems voice and networking solutions. Always busy and plenty of experience to gain here.

ConsCulture is one of micro managing and very political. Service and operations are understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep some of the staff with long tenures who know the business and the customer base instead of purging these employees in favor of new ones without the proper experience.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

A really good place to work.

Recruiter (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsThere is a great group of people really dedicated to driving the business forward from all levels inside the company. A great waterfront JC location with an easy commute to the path.

ConsI guess not so much of a downside but a an extremely focused atmosphere where things get done, but people could lighten up a tad.

IPC Systems management team embraced my presence and involved me in many projects to improve my skill set

Data Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsInterns get to go on various trips that introduced me to different aspects of the company. R& D, manufacturing and corporate

ConsHuman Resource not to professional or amiable

Friendly environment

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bridgeport, CT

ProsA good company to work for if you like telecommuting. Working environment is not idealistic but somewhat ok for a medium size company.

ConsNot so much room for growth as a software engineer, after three years with the company everything becomes daily routine.

A Company In Disarray

ProsIt's a job, nothing more.

Cons* Furloughs and job uncertainty but more work
    * No real communication from senior management
    * Employees feel like they are tools to be used and discarded

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is more to the company than the executive suite. Take a walk around once in a while and recognize that employees are people.

worst company to work for

R&D (Former Employee) Fairfield, CT

Prosif you are close to your Director/Manger you can become manager in no time. You don't need to know any thing. Your manager will convience management that you are the best.

Consmore work no recognition, less salary, if you dont agree with your manager you are fired.

Advice to Senior Managementstop politics within the company and make sure you take care of your employees as they are valuable for your company. Don't let go the wealth of knowledge they possess as it is important for company's growth. If your directors and managers want to run politics ask them to get out of the company and open their own political party than playing with employees carrier.

Company decimated by vulture capitalists

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosvery people and some good technology. Very interesting project

Consemployees treated very poorly with furloughs considered normal (what is the government)? Company has been destroyed by the vulture capitalists. No stability or transparency to employees. Overall not a good place to work

Advice to Senior ManagementStart showing respect for employees and perhaps hire a few people outside of India

Worked for IPC Systems? Contribute to the Community!