IPC The Hospitalist Company

Adam D. Singer

Great experience!

Former Employee - Director Business Development
    Former Employee - Director Business Development

Pros

As a Business Development Director, we were given the autonomy to run our teams with creativity.

Cons

Salaries not competitive with the market place.

None

Great to work for IPC: Exceptional Company-passionate about facility based medicine and poised well for the future!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

As an employee of IPC, you are engaged with passionate, caring people who individually and collectively strive to provide the best care to patients facing a challenging time in their lives. It's a large organization that is refreshingly transparent and feels like a family. The culture that has developed is one that makes you want to do your utmost (in whatever role you play) so that patients get the best care and the organization has the ability to grow, innovate, and continue a legacy as leaders in hospitalist/facility based medicine.

Cons

I'm hard-pressed to find "Cons" at this point.

Continue the "keep it real" company you've created!

Good place to start if you are desperate for employment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  North Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Pros

The only positive that came from working with this company were the "Pot Lucks, Farewell gatherings or Birthday celebrations", which seemed to happen very frequent here.

Cons

First off, the trainer here lacked rapport majorly, she gossiped with a fellow employee while she was supposedly "training" new hires. In which consisted of PDF QRG's, no real instruction. We were given work from other departments (pretty much unwanted work). NEVER trained on our actual job. Thank goodness she left the department but I feel sorry for whomever works with her.
    Secondly, there is no real structure here (at least in my department). Its main focus is to clear out queues, only to have the claims worked come back as your own mistake and used against you when it comes to Performance Incentives.
    Lastly, the company as a whole basically sucks from the pay, insurance benefits, time off accrual and work environment. Now I understand why they have such a high employee turn-over rate!

I would recommend sending out a survey for employees to complete and actually listen, Not allow HR to pick and choose which are accommodating for them. Actually listen to the employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The leading provider of Acute & Post-Acute Hospitalist services

Pros

the people are passionate and care about our physicians and patients

Cons

Industry is ever changing, which offers complexity and opportunities

Low quality medicine. Questionable business practices.

Current Employee - Physician, Hospitalist
    Current Employee - Physician, Hospitalist

Pros

Some people seem to make a lot of money without being especially talented here,

Cons

You are paid based upon the number of patients you see, but you may not be given an opportunity to see very many patients, in which case you will make very little money.

Management likes to say the word quality but really only wants to see a lot of billing by any means possible. Ethics and medicine itself are completely ignored.

It's been one of the best career moves for me.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  North Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Pros

Large company with good benefits and services to employees, yet it has a small company feel with great people from the top down. Definitely an atmosphere of success and innovation.

Cons

We are growing company with space issues but this is in the works of being expanded...little hiccups in the main scheme of things.

Breath of Fresh Air

Pros

Having recently come from a fairly negative, and unproductive environment, I am finding IPC to be a very positive change for me. I am allowed to focus 100% on the job I was hired to do and not get caught up in politics or things that take away from that productivity. I also enjoy the fact that you are expected to produce, but not "micro-managed" to do so.

Cons

It is a fairly spread out National company with several regional and home based employees, so if your are someone that needs to be in a large corporate office environment this is probably not available unless you live in California near its headquarters.

For the most part keep it up, I appreciate the culture and autonomy to get my job done. As a new employee, i do look forward to getting to visit the corporate office and learning a bit more about various other departments in the company.

Got used for "season" and terminated once "season" over.

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner

Pros

Some physicians were supportive and team players.

Cons

If you are a PA/NP my true advice for you is DO NOT WORK FOR IPC. Do not fall for their compensation package (as I did). Sounds good when they explain it but you will loss your mind attempting to figure out how they came up with formula to compensate. All your "team" members may not have same work ethic as you. And those who do the work (and make money for the POD) will be terminated.

POD needs to be managed by physicians and NOT by someone with a business major. Much more I could (and will) say. Mr. Singer will receive a letter expressing my views.

Rewarding Experience

Pros

IPC has been a great place for me and am thankful I made the decision to join this organizatoin. The company is focused on facilties based medicine and improving the delivery of care within that space. I believe everyone from the upper levels of management truly do care about the work that is being done. They are fair and reasonable to employees while still having a strong business sense to be succesful.

Cons

All companies have pros and cons... IPC is no exception but overall I continue to find it a very rewarding career path. The company continues to grow and in some areas quite rapidly which does create some challenges but those challenges are better than the alternative of no growth.

Best career move I have made.

Pros

Very good pay, great benefits, flexible hours, big promotions, co-workers are very nice, genuinely caring, and helpful. I received a lot of training and help along the way, continuing to this day. The company has a lot of team building and involvement with creating a healthy place to work.

Cons

I don't have any real complaints about the company so far, everyone seems to be happy here and it makes work easy.

The company is growing really fast and needs to work together on projects to make the transitions a little smoother.

Worked for IPC The Hospitalist Company? Contribute to the Community!