IPSoft

Updated January 15, 2015
3.7

IPSoft President and CEO Chetan Dube
Chetan Dube

Pros
  • Open Door Policy, Upward mobility (in 4 reviews)

• If one has that desire to explore new stuff (at his/her own) then you can learn a lot (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance, salary, cab management, less resources too much work load (in 15 reviews)

• Absolutely no work life balance (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

30 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

IPsoft Review

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at IPSoft full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is a “true” HR team comprised of coordinators and generalist. If anyone works outside of New York, HR is one phone call away, they can also be contacted via email, the internal instant messenger, directly with their manager, office managers and recruiters are required to assist as well.

For those working shifts, yes, it is IT and shift work is prevalent throughout the industry. It is a very standard practice in IT. After a period of time, engineers who have done a great job are more than welcome to apply to a different role within the company and managers will review. This is very encouraged.

The team culture is great here and the company is growing. As the company expands, there will be growing pains to staff quick enough and the company works hard to get things moving quickly. I've seen it with the amount of new business coming in and our massive partnership deals. Being part of a growing company doing fine work is seen as a plus by my peers here as well. Any reviewer who says otherwise, is not being honest.

For the sweatshop comments, they are fraudulent. Feel free to check our locations for further details. Anyone who is anyone who has stepped foot into IPsoft offices knows this this is not a sweatshop. The IPsoft real estate locations and internal infrastructure speaks for itself. In addition there is food, drinks, internal wellness programs, monthly activities and again an open door policy to discuss any suggestion further with managers or HR.

There is no sexual discrimination and find it pretty nasty someone would stoop to such a low level and blatantly lie about it. We have a very diverse culture of males and females in our NYC office.

There is a ton of educational information available to help us grow and as written by other true and honest posts, your career is in your hands here. Glad to be a part of it.

Cons

We are required to type here, but I have none.

Great place to work, if you are not lazy!

Current Employee - Automation Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Automation Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at IPSoft full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers here is a great joy, people are not treated as staff, but valuable asset! You will never get bored. Indeed I made several good friends of mine, working for IPsoft.
    Of course as any other fast growing place, IPsoft dislike lazy people! And this is one of the coolest things about this company. Simply put yourself in the CEO's shoes and ask if you want to see not motivated people working for you? I doubt anyone would answer "yes". I have been working here for little more than 3 years, and I can tell this is a place with endless opportunities, but you must apply yourself to become the asset, earning recognition. Once you are hired, most likely you will end up in the Operations, this is a starting point of you career here, and if you survive, you will definitely thrive. But again you have to work hard to earn your promotion!
    Technology wise it is a place you want to be, if you are tech savvy and extremely motivated. Yes, learning curve is not easy. Very often you will find yourself cornered with a problem that is not easy to solve. But hey, simply ask for help! While working here you have a chance to touch any technology you like. Got an idea? Speak up, you will be heard.
    Don't let bad reviews to make a misleading impression on you and simply come to see IPsoft yourself!

Cons

I don't see any issues. IPsoft is on the right track!

Keep it up with the great changes!

Low salary

Current Employee - Junior Java Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Junior Java Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at IPSoft full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good location. It locates at south ferry. Good building. They have rent four floors totally. Good industry I believe

Cons

Low pay. In NYC, a developer should earn $90000+. No incentive bonus. No sign on bonus.

No reimbursement for interview

Awful

Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I worked at IPSoft full-time

Pros

Apparently people are getting paid to write Glassdoor reviews!

Cons

Where do I start? Racism, Sexism, Womanizing, Alcoholism, Verbal abuse are just what happens during office hours.
    Labor Laws? Ha! You will work 24/7 and if you aren't, don't expect your career to make any advances. The only people who barely work are the CEOs buddies who are usually passed out in their offices after a drug, alcohol and women for hire induced bender!

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Over Reactive

Current Employee - Workhorse in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Workhorse in New York, NY

I have been working at IPSoft full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Resolving more tickets earns more "bonus" money. You can learn anything you want from anyone in any skill-set, assuming you have the time after handling your endless workload.

Cons

The goal is simply to resolve tickets and numbers are important. Think of an assembly line worker pushing out product; low production leads to lack of employment.

Consider changing the unwritten policy that deems updating one's online resume as an offence worthy of termination.

A company with endless possibility build on meritocracy

Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at IPSoft full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Its been a pleasure working for such a fantastic group of people. I thrive in high expectations, challenging positions. We are changing IT for the better and we are 10 years beyond any competitor out there. If you do you job and do it well its a very stable position. They set the bar high but that only motivates you more to achieve the preconception of the impossible and make it reality. The CEO is inspirational charismatic and a true leader. They encourage good behavior and strongly discourage bad behavior. IPsoft is a dynamic company of innovators trying to automate the world of tomorrow.

Cons

You will never get bored. There is something to do constantly, sometimes it can be overbearing. Some people cannot take the heat so they should get out of the kitchen. We want people to say too easy drill sergeant hurrah! Your limitations in this company are only the limitations of your ambitions. The incentive programs is in a constant state of evolution.

IPsoft has a long way to go in training programs and processes. IPsoft has a foundation but need to perfect the practice and need a mentoring program.

Happy here at IPsoft - Unix/Platform team

Current Employee - PaaS Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - PaaS Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at IPSoft full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You are given an opportunity to bring your career to the next level here at IPsoft. This company goes after bright people and if you get hired it would be up to you how far you want to take it. All that is really needed is your passion. You are exposed to wide range of technologies, you get to work with premier and widely recognized client accounts. You get to work with great people all around you. Head of the Unix department is someone you would appreciate as long as you are here (That's how good he is).

Cons

Not concerned. Can't come up with any issues.

The best team in the business and great opportunity to choose your path in the field of IT

Current Employee - UNIX Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - UNIX Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at IPSoft full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You will have the chance to try out other technologies, figure out what you like and focus on it. This is one place where you can jump into the different technologies utilized in your section of the field, if it be UNIX, Database, Applications,Windows or Service Desk. You will have the opportunity to grow and work with a great team. You will get experiences here that almost don't exist elsewhere. It is one of the largest groups of guru IT people that I have ever seen. This place also loves to party, big parties are a normal thing and happen many times throughout the year. Fun place to work..

Cons

If your far from the city you have to commute to the last building downtown.

Winners write history while losers write poetry

Former Employee - Network Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at IPSoft full-time

Pros

This is a fantastic company for recent college graduate and engineers that have limited practical experience. Day 1, you will be immersed in all and I mean all types of technologies that are available in the network world. The opportunity to learn and advance in your career is endless. The only caveat is that you really need to be a leader and pave your own path, otherwise it is survival of the fittest (no one is going to hold your hand and recite a bed time story for you). You choose your destiny and make the best of it. It is absolutely true that management doesn't micro manage you and/or create a 5 year career plan on your behalf (you own the process). This is the time to shine, get to know people in other departments, network your way with the department heads and if creating automations is your gig then you can do a department transfer. As for seasoned engineers, I would say that becoming a dedicated resource for multi-national organizations does pay off at the end. You will be a SME and will be held responsible for the higher level operations and if you play your cards right you will enjoy it (at least I did).

Cons

The organizational structure does remind me of a cast system that has loopholes. Some departments think that they are so privileged that at times they cannot accept the fact that they made a fatal mistake. Getting certain non-standard projects approved can be a nightmare, but if you push the right buttons then you see that even a camel can dance on top of a pyramid. As a technical lead, I found out the hard way the stigma that comes with the sales department overselling service that engineers are not previewed to. I wish that technical leads were included on the pre-sale conversations, so the client expectations are fully aligned with the quality of the service rendered.

Please enlighten your staff (Network Engineers) when it comes to company's culture. Empower them and realize that there are a lot of six figure candidates who deliver daily. It is not a great feeling to be treated as a stepchild compare to the rest of the organization.

Get what you want and get out

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at IPSoft full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you drink, you're a third of the way to being part of the "crew". They party hard. Benefits of being in the crew are good. You can gain a lot of experience in a short time that will make you more attractive to employers when ready to move on

Cons

There is no work/life balance. Work is your life. A personal life is unheard of, lunch away from your desk is out of the ordinary. Women don't have a career future here, there is a limit to where one can go. Most women identify this quickly, then move on. 5 (or more now) women quit in 5 months in just one office (NYC), all different departments.

Recognize talent and cultivate it. Don't be fearful of change. Break-up the boys club.

IPSoft Photos