IPSoft

Updated Mar 10, 2014

IPSoft President and CEO Chetan Dube

Chetan Dube

21 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work if you can excel on your own

I worked at IPSoft full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery laid back culture but can be stressful depending on the department

ConsExpect to learn things on the fly

Advice to Senior ManagementShare more of the wealth back to the workers

No Structure, No Accountability, Departments punting issues over the fence

Network Engineer (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at IPSoft full-time for less than a year

ProsOpen door policy. IT automation is the future, IPsoft can do big things if they can solidify their foundation.

ConsThere is NO testing in this company, people just dump things in on your lap and expect things to be fixed. Then the client notices the missing gaps, and complains to you and round and round we go. When an issue needs to be fixed/ investigated, departments just punt over the issues to another, then that department sends you to another department and round and round we go. People do not take accountability in their actions, when one person develops something, and breaks, it takes 3-4 follows up/escalations just to get things done. By that time the client is already pissed off how slow things get down here. Some people bust their butts working 12 hour shifts, while overs goof around stroll into work hungover at 10 am then leave at 5 pm. There is no structure here. How does IPsoft expect to hang with the big dogs?

Advice to Senior ManagementTake accountability for the people in your department. Coach and assist the people in your department when need be. Coaching goes a long way, and yelling at them does not help.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Place to Work

ProsOpen Door Policy, Upward mobility

ConsSome of upper management can be pompous

Fast pace, hard work, great place to work.

NOC Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at IPSoft full-time for less than a year

Pros- Forward thinking management
- Fast pace - no chance of ever being bored
- Wide range of technology - if it is used in the market place - it is used here
- Family atmosphere
- Great reward and incentive programs

Cons- Need to improve onboarding and training
- Keeping up with the pace of growth

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be relentless in pushing the envelope.

Great company, excellent vision - working hard and playing hard

I worked at IPSoft full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat atmosphere and co-workers - very friendly and in some cases family feel. Great vision!

ConsExpectations at times can be higher than reality permits but that ties into their great vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep dreaming big - understand not to overdue expectations

Horrible upper management, no training, overworked, 45 minute lunches, sweat shop!

Network Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at IPSoft full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people working next to you are usually good people, but they are unfortunately too busy/stressed out to help new employees.. Decent compensation/benefits. I had a nice view, but much rather would have preferred to have more training, more team-members and better upper-management than to work in high-end office space.

ConsAlmost zero training - no time given whatsoever to truly perform to expectations. The people who are not doing the work you are doing everyday (i.e. upper management) are disconnected from this reality. You will be virtually micromanaged/badgered to death in chat by non-technical pit boss style managers. I could only take a 45 minute lunch!!?? Seriously?? Was called in the middle of the night constantly on tickets that were assigned to me by employees in India or on my days off. They actually take from your bonus when this happens (even when it was someone else who caused this) and they don't reverse it and ultimately you get screwed out of the money because of an automated dispatch system that doesn't work. There was a lot of hype during the interview process about how "automation" is their selling point. All I did was mundane MANUAL stuff all day. A real bait and switch, shady hiring process. My position took no technical skill most of the time, but the expectation to be a subject matter expect on anything they deemed necessary occurred only the moment a priority one ticket came in to the queue. No preparation for success at all. It is like roulette with your career here, if you can't find anything else, I guess take a position here, but I'd find something much more long-term somewhere else as soon as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to selling houses or whatever it is that you did before the 2008 economic meltdown, because you do not have a clue on how to truly operate or manage people, time and resources.

Great Co-Workers...disjointed management

ProsMonthly Happy Hours/Events
Amazing Co-Workers
Monthly Bonuses
Free Soft Drinks
Amazing Holiday/Company Anniversary Parties

ConsTerrible work/life balance
Company run on the cheap
Paid Monthly
Poor IT Infrastructure
Sig Sigma
No Training
Poor Upper Management

Advice to Senior ManagementStep up your game and put the millions earned montly back into the company. Stop spending obscene ammounts of money on monthly events and invest in better hardware and your employees' salary.

Great stepping stone for your careeer

CSI Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at IPSoft full-time for more than a year

ProsCoworkers were a joy to work with and IPsoft fostered an environment where engineers helped each other out. There was a lot of growth opportunity within the company with most employees getting promoted within a year to a more senior position within the same team or to a different team.

ConsSales oversells and engineers need to deliver and get in trouble for not delivering. There is some animosity between the various offices and communication between offices is abysmal.

Challenging But Rewarding

Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at IPSoft full-time for more than a year

ProsThis place is for the go-getters, the innovators, and the ambitious. If you're a geek or a techy and want to be part of something amazing, this is the place for you. But don't be fooled - there is nothing cushy about working here. In Operations specifically, there is a never-ending flow of work. It will get stressful, but opportunities to move up are endless for those who prove themselves.

The CEO is always nearby (at least in the NYC office) and makes it a point to know everyone by name. Hearing him speak about his goals for the company makes you know the man is not only passionate but sincere. He's not a business mogul focused on just making money. He's a man of science and innovation and will not sacrifice those values just to make a bigger paycheck.

The company atmosphere is often stressful - especially in Ops. But if you've been in Ops for years like I have, you know that's just an expected part of providing 24/7/365 support. But hard work is rewarded. The company has monthly happy hours with pretty good food and drinks.

As for compensation, salaries are right around market value. However, the bonus program based on merits/deviations allows you to make significantly more if you work hard. I've never seen anything like it at any other company. The amount they give out monthly in bonuses is staggering, which again proves the CEO's point to make the hard workers feel valued. When it comes to turnover, it's usually the laziest and unmotivated ones that leave. In the end, that only optimizes the team in place.

ConsCan't hire fast enough to keep up with business growth. A good problem to have, but a problem nonetheless.

Training also wasn't very structured. It was more of a few days of outdated tutorials and then they throw you into the fire. However, a new training department is being created so that will not be a problem shortly.

Stressful. But again, if you can handle it, it's very high reward.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the training program in place ASAP.
Have more town halls and act on employee input.
Hire more recruiters so we can fill the open positions in Operations faster!!

We are the next generation of IT

I have been working at IPSoft full-time for less than a year

ProsStrong compensation, great coworkers, great corporate vision

ConsNot enough training. Also should provide more technologies like laptops and smartphones

Worked for IPSoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IPSoft reviews and ratings in New York City, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IPSoft CEO Chetan Dube. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by IPSoft employees.