IPowerWeb

Profile Unclaimed

IPowerWeb Reviews

2.3

1 Rating

Great place for a newbie to learn sales techniques

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at IPowerWeb full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent training, free coffee, tea, and friday bagels. I learned many great phone techniques that I have helped me be successful in my current position.

Cons

The commission structure was changing so frequently, and communication about changes was not clear. So it felt like chaos at some times. There was definitely a boys club, fortunately that didn't affect my job, but it was frustrating to see quality employees leave because they were not treated fairly.

Clear communication about your standards/goals

Beware. Not a good company to work for. Micromanage. Worst Company ever.

Former Employee - Technical Support in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at IPowerWeb

Pros

Place has great work schedule . Excellent place for college student or someone who can't find a job in this recession. They pretty much hire anyone and everyone who can fog a mirror. But beware of their strategies to get you into the door. They're advertisement sales tech support, however if you fail to sale to angry customer, you will be fired.

Cons

Organization is run by a big Web hosting company who really needs to focus on their products and infrastructure rather than buying other pointless hosting companies. The work environment sucks. Your constantly on the phone all day long. Breaks and lunch requires permission.

They have the worst infrastructure , flooding inbound calls . You job is to sell product, not provide tech support. If you provide support, you'll be fired. No work flow to resolve issues. All upper level support is provided by outsource firm.

No opportunity to advance. This company only hires Tech1 and Tech 2 ( 20 total position ) for the entire region in phoenix. That tells you its hard to advance.

You will not advance in this company. Position hardly ever opens up . Wage sucks.

Stop firing real tech support who actually resolves client issues.

This company cares about only one thing, calls , matrix, and sales , that's not proven. Fail to meet their proven method will result in being fired. Regardless, if you worked for the company for last three years.

Longer you work, chances are you will get fired for no reason

Also, Thomas Gorny no longer own the company. This company is owned by endurance international under IPower web tradmark.

Get real management skills. Operation manager and Director should interact with their workers, not sit in a cubical all day long.

Not a horrible place to work, advancement opportunities, especially if you are sales driven.

Current Employee - A Sweat Shop for Techies and Salespeople
    Current Employee - A Sweat Shop for Techies and Salespeople

I have been working at IPowerWeb

Pros

Very comfortable environment, 3 weeks time off, benefits right away, great people, very positive environment. Nice convenient location, you can for the most part choose your shift. There are opportunities for advancement because it's kind of a stopping point on the way to another job for most people. If you enjoy sales you can be promoted in as little as 3 months. I have learned a lot and I learn something new every day. The secret is you are not just working for IPower, but also 20 small hosting companies.

Cons

Commission for technical support and sales is below par. There are opportunities for advancement because it's kind of a stopping point on the way to another job for most people. Technical people are not as valued as sales people. It's the only technical support environment I've worked in where you are encouraged to sell more than actually solve a problem. This would be ok, if the commissions were worth the effort.

Your Phoenix office is competing with GoDaddy and Crystal Tek for talent, and falling below in salary/commissions. The positive atmosphere has been well done.

A great employer headed in the wrong direction

Current Employee - Technical Support in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at IPowerWeb

Pros

The company has extremely flexible work schedules, which makes it great for local college students. The low level managers recognized talent and promoted smart techs. This led to an efficient higher-level support team.

Cons

Upper level management moved support into a model of sales-support. There really has never been a worse idea than trying to upsell to angry people who don't feel like they got their money's worth from you in the first place. It's one thing to recognize the sales of techs when they were necessary to solve a problem, but letting go of techs who are good problem solvers who didn't meet a sales quota is a poor business decision. Ultimately, the quality of the support team suffered, and employee churn in the support department accelerated.

De-emphasize sales-support. Get techs who know how to quickly solve issues. It's rough to implement low call times on front line techs, but if that's what it takes to select the cream of the crop, that's going to be the smartest move. The techs who can recognize patterns quickly are going to be the techs who are going to satisfy the most customers. The more satisfied customers you have, the fewer people you're going to have to hire in retention. I just wish that upper management would've understood that.

Great people but sometimes frustrating to work here.

I have been working at IPowerWeb

Pros

You learn a lot about tech and webhosting.

Cons

Benefits could be a lot better

Don't miss the job at all

I worked at IPowerWeb

Pros

The only pros I can think of to want to work for these people is the pay, having a steady schedule and benefits. I didn't find any other aspect of the job appealing as I did seeing those numbers on my paycheck.

Cons

Basically everything else. Management could not focus on which way to direct the business or what to focus most on. One month we would be all about sales sales sales!!! The next month we would be all over cutting down call times, and another would be focusing on a more customer-centric environment. Never felt like my leaders really cared about my advancement as long as they get a paycheck at the end of the day.

Some advice? I don't think they want my advice because I was too replaceable to even have them listen to me when I WORKED for them. They seem perfectly fine with a business model where they hire you, knowing they could put someone else in your seat every day and don't give a second thought to you as an actual person. Spend more money on training classes and continuously hiring new idiots to fill seats rather than make an effort to keep the employees you have that are already trained and have the willingness to work with them as a human? Sounds like the IPowerWeb motto to me in a nutshell.