IQ Solutions

Ileana Quintas

very good

Intern (Current Employee)
Rockville, MD

I have been working at IQ Solutions full-time for less than a year

Prosgood environment, excellent coworkers, easy going

Conslimited advancement potential, sometimes slow

excellent company

Information Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at IQ Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood benefits,great people,flexible hours,they are an equal-opportunity employer

Consi don't have cons for this company

Worst ever - under bid projects and overwork employees - over matrixed

I have been working at IQ Solutions part-time for less than a year

ProsCant think of anything positive -None

ConsUnder bid projects and over work workers - - don't want them to bill extra hours but sure want them to work them

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about talking to people not about people

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Culture is great

I worked at IQ Solutions full-time

ProsLots of flexibility with hours, friendly environment, interesting work, good pay

ConsNot a lot of opportunities to grow

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more time and energy in grooming staff

If you literally have any other options, don't work here.

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at IQ Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI’m grasping at straws here but there was a decent work-life balance and it was not a super-stressful job. I can't speak for others but my boss tended to be understanding and allowed me a flexible schedule most of the time which is basically the only reason I stuck around as long as I did.

ConsI'll never understand how companies like this manage to stay afloat; there's a ton of turnover, zero job security, management is completely incompetent, and the work is mind-numbing. Compensation for lower-level employees is horrible and benefits are even worse, with a large chunk of your salary going to abysmal health insurance. I was told up front that the only time I'd be eligible for a promotion is at the time of my yearly review which in and of itself provides no motivation to go above and beyond with the exception of the few weeks leading up to your review. Additionally, I was never given any solid benchmarks on how to get to that next level. In fact, feedback is rarely provided except at the yearly review, and employees are not ever given the opportunity to provide feedback to their managers. It was my impression that promotions were completely based on politics. My yearly increase in pay barely kept up with inflation which made me feel completely unappreciated. I'll never know how pay increases worked at this place because I was told my boss had nothing to do with the percentage increase that I got. I’m no CEO but this does not seem like a great way to run a company. Speaking of CEOs, I think I only ever saw Ileana once which was in the reception area and she never bothered to introduce herself.

Another note: The company recently installed two treadmills in their corporate office with computers and full workstations in front of them to support "employee health." I honestly thought this was a joke at first but no, it's just a super depressing way to say "we care about your health, but not as much as we care about our profits." God forbid you give an employee a 15-minute break to go for a walk and get some fresh air.

Advice to Senior Management1. Show a little appreciation towards employees once in a while; it goes a long way.
2. Provide some incentive. I had absolutely no reason to work any harder as the only thing I was ever given in return was more work.

Poor concepts and management makes this place a stumbling block for your career.

Graphic Designer (Former Employee)
Rockville, MD

I worked at IQ Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsSomewhat attractive staff due to screening.

ConsThe use of "glamour shots" for your resume for clients.
Managers often used spanish to talk about people while in their presence, not knowing that just because you are not of a hispanic origin does not mean that you don't understand spanish.
Management tries to compete with staff on projects.
Employees are not valued.
Outdated equipment.
Hires for positions that are not funded.
The pay was lower than retail.
The job that I was hired for was not the job they made me do. They changed everything including the job title after I was there for a couple of days.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better.

If You Are Seeking A Position With No Direction - You Found Your Place

I worked at IQ Solutions

ProsSalary was good, could work from home from time to time, if needed.

ConsNo direction to staff when trying to figure out what they are supposed to be doing in their jobs as well as how they can be promoted. Basically if you seek direction, you are seeing as not being management material because you are running to your manager for help. It's a no win situation. It was okay if my boss had weekly meetings with her supervisor but she wouldn't bother to do the same for her staff. It was common to have to report to three different people making it very confusing who you should be going to for guidance (which of course no managers had time for anyway).

Also, they hire very young people who are up on the latest technologies in social networking. Although the younger generation is very knowledgeable in this area, that should not equate to them being skilled enough to be promoted into management. Being skilled in a specific area does not mean you will be a good manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice but an observation - A few of the senior executives ran around looking like chickens with their heads cut off for fear they will lose their jobs. Very surprising they are still there, to tell you the truth.

One of the worst employers I have ever had

I have been working at IQ Solutions

ProsI get paid well enough to put up with all the cons while I look for another job. They have Keurig coffee and machine. Some people are friendly.

Cons-Poor management
-Poor work/life balance
-Poor communication
-Few actually know what they're doing/hired for
-Poor benefits
-No job security, they are constantly laying people off
-Many complain about their jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice for management. They somehow managed to get where they are without the necessary skill and knowledge.

have multiple chances.

I have been working at IQ Solutions

ProsGenerally, you don't have to struggle work day by day, certainly, it also depends on the position and task you got.

ConsCommunication skills is important for your work and future development and many times you must learn to require some and take jobs positively.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make some innovative change, try to implement some different process, techniques. If possible, balance the business but not only rely on one or two contracts so as to live longer.

Work, work, and work some more, even when there is no work

I worked at IQ Solutions

Pros70% of the people who work there are very nice and pleasant to work with. Depending who you work with, you could learn a lot.

ConsTerrible benefits for a company that claims to be a health company. Senior management is a joke, and it's no secret--YES, we all talk about it. The farther you're down the food-chain, the more you work and the less you get paid. The company is very top heavy but most of these people are never available when they're needed (VPs). You do learn a lot on the job, but it's mostly because jobs get thrown at you with little or no direction. It's sink or swim. The issue with billability can bring on constant stress. It's just never consistent. Somedays you're slammed, others you have nothing to do. But don't let anyone see you leave on time, it's true that it's frowned upon.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate your management staff and hire.promote based on compentencies and skill, not how much money they bring in.

Worked for IQ Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IQ Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IQ Solutions CEO Ileana Quintas . All 16 reviews posted anonymously by IQ Solutions employees.