IQAir Reviews

Reset
3.6
Glory Dolphin Hammes

1. BOO YAH

I have been working at IQAir

Pros

This is a company for people who want to be better a year from now (maybe even a week) than they are now. Improvement through learning and training is not only encouraged, it is mandatory. We are given all we need to succeed in a bright, comfortable, open - and to my mind clean - building.
    The CEO is one of few truly amazing people that you come across maybe once or twice in your life if you're lucky. For the naysayers, I have to say listen and learn. People only rise to her level through intelligence, hard work, determination and the pursuit of an ideal. Maybe that's too much for lesser people to understand.
    The HR manager is accessible and engaged but straightforward. If you need someone to listen she is very good at that. She is also able to show you an issue from a new perspective and help you find solutions. But don't walk into her office and expect a sympathetic ear if all you want to do is whine, you will find no cheese on her desk.
    Working at IQAir is definitely not for everybody. Neither is being a Marine but the former (if there is such a thing) Marines that work here are doing quite well.

Cons

There is too much echo in the lunch room.

Advice to Management

We had a town hall style meeting a while back. I found it to be informative and encouraging. I hope we see another one.

2. Summary of my experiences.

I have been working at IQAir full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company with lots of growth potential. Uses state-of-the-art technology with every technology-based project. Inclusive culture where you are asked to explore newer, better, and more efficient methodologies, processes, tools, and techniques. You are challenged daily with making yourself more efficient, resourceful, and with your general personal growth.

Cons

Upper management needs to better support the middle management so that it can efficiently and quickly address company objectives, goals, and issues. Also, simultaneously support its work force's concerns, and needs.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage the use of state-of-the-art technology. Your technology division is on the cutting edge of technology, so maintain your existing ecosystem and leverage this knowledge for future products. Also, continue to develop a close and inclusive team that works like a lean, efficient machine.

Dec 15, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. In addition to its outstanding team members, IQAir prides itself on being technologically progressive. We are pleased that you have found us to be so as well. As we ... More

3. Fun environment with challenging work

Current Employee - C# Applications Developer in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - C# Applications Developer in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a a company that stands for their product. The people are super nice and there's plenty of interesting work to go around. Free lunch on fridays and an onsite gym! If you work hard and make use of the amenities, this is a great place to spend 8 hours of your day!

Cons

I've only been here a few weeks, but nothing seems astray so far!

Jan 19, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It is wonderful to hear that your initial experiences at IQAir have been positive. We look forward to seeing your comments in the future as you get more tenure ... More

The best job I never knew existed

I have been working at IQAir full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like a high speed, high energy, no nonsense, let's-get-this-job-done kind of place - this is it. You bring your skills, your drive and your determination to be better and the company will provide the tools to make it all work. Leave the excuses at home. If you work here you will be part of a company that is showing everyone else how it's supposed to be done. When the day is finished you'll be tired, exhilarated and off the clock. Burn out is strongly discouraged.

Cons

If I ever do run across something I don't like here then maybe I'll update my review. Okay, maybe one thing: Is there any other paint color than white?

Advice to Management

To all the senior management: keep up the energy, excitement and drive. It lights up this building even more than the eco-friendly LED lighting.

Aug 21, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. As you noted in your description, top performers and Hundred Percenters thrive at IQAir through the day to day work culture, open communication and opportunities for ... More

Great work/life balance

Current Employee - Internet Development Manager in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - Internet Development Manager in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping people breath better air! Incredible growth opportunity, fun & fast paced, great benefits (medical, dental, 401k and more), breakfast, lunches, indoor slide, state-of-the-art Gym, and outdoor fountain & BBQ :-)

Cons

Not for the weak of hearts. Must be ready to give 120%.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the great work. Thank you for listening and for the 100% support.

Apr 28, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. IQAir's core values revolve around ensuring we make the highest quality product to help people breathe cleaner, healthier air and we are happy that you find it to be a ... More

Employee and Community Forward Company

I have been working at IQAir full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, everyone is very nice, employee development promoted. Onsite gym.

Cons

high pressure environment; 110% is expected at all times, every day.

Mar 31, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review! IQAir is moving forward in a planned growth mode and I encourage you to keep watch for improvements and the elimination of inefficiencies in all areas of the company.

Very dynamic company

Current Employee - Management in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - Management in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very rewarding place to work. The culture is performance oriented and that's what I like.

Cons

The company culture is not for everyone. It's tough for people that may not fit in.

Advice to Management

Should interact more with employees.

Mar 31, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review! It is true that this culture is not for everyone. Employee benefits include an on-site gym and weekly catered lunches in addition to company paid employee health ... More

9. Nice people, clean place to work

I worked at IQAir

Pros

Nice people to work with. All areas in the building are clean. I don't know who posted about dirty areas but I haven't seen any.

Cons

Wish they had more jobs for more people as the people who work there are very nice. Nice place to work.

10. GREAT PLACE TO WORK

I have been working at IQAir (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and will go the extra mile to help out. Company is growing and CEO wants to make this company a great place to work with a positive work environment. They just implemented a new bonus structure as well as an increase in PTO accrual. Lots and Lots of perks!!

Cons

You work hard EVERYDAY......If you aren't the type of person that's up for this- then don't bother applying.

Advice to Management

Should make a "Suggestion" Box... Keep up the good work!!!

Sep 8, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We really love the positive energy of your comments in both the "Pros" and "Cons". As a current employee you know that we strive to create a pleasant, positive and ... More

It just keeps getting better!

I have been working at IQAir full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good support from all management levels; challenging projects on which to work; company is the best in its field and is growing; company is diligently working to create an even more positive environment than the current one.

Cons

Company, while expanding, is experiencing a few growing pains, but I have every confidence that these will be overcome in short order. Personal time-off structure leaves something to be desired.

Advice to Management

As we grow as a company and new procedures and standards are put into place, think about updating the current time-off structure as well.

Apr 28, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review, feedback and suggestions for improvement! As a current employee, you know how important a positive employee experience is to IQAir and we're pleased to know that you are ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed