IQAir Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Glory Dolphin Hammes

Systematic problems with the company

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training, free lunch on Friday, free breakfast Monday, fancy new building, work/life balance, and great people. These don't make up for the cons. The sparkle and sheen of the building quickly wear off to reveal the rotten core of the company.

Cons

Don't expect to be in this job for more than a year, if you can make it that long. Turnover is comically high. Only work here if you are desperate for a stop-gap job.

Management is inexperienced, uninspiring, totalitarian, lacking direction and over-emotional. At this company you are not hired to think for yourself but to puppet management's bad decisions. Constantly changing priorities and no high level planning mean projects are never completed. Management also refuse to be held accountable for any bad decisions that are actually made, instead choosing to crucify the next target.

Other Glassdoor reviews implying that people who have left bad reviews are unintelligent or lesser people embody precisely what is wrong with the company. There can be no opinions other than the party line, and if you disagree prepare to work in an environment where your intelligence, capability and opinions are regularly devalued and insulted.

Most people start at the company thinking that all of the stories and these reviews are blown out of proportion, that they are the one that can turn things around because they've dealt with unreasonable employers or difficult clients. As an employee you will see the will and optimism sucked out of these people as they realize that it is truly a systematic problem with management that will never change.

Don't take a job here.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and take responsibility for your actions.

Jul 6, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I have to say that the sparkle and sheen have not worn off for me and I have been here more than a year. IQAir is one of the best, if not the best, job I have ever ... More

Titanic

Former Employee - Sales in La Mirada, CA

I worked at IQAir full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free air purifier and gym

Cons

My experience at IQAir consisted of an unorganized sales team and erratic behavior from the CEO. Many meetings were spent with horrible ideas by management. Most meetings included the CEO who was either talking down to most or strangely scrolling through a cell phone the entire time. Questionable tactics created a downward sales trend and the staff is who felt the backlash. I was appalled to hear product was being refurbished only to sold at full price. Bring a lifeboat if you plan coming aboard, this ship is sinking.

Advice to Management

Stay consistent with appraisal and criticism. The bipolar behavior is odd.

Jul 6, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. As you have stated, the sales department was unorganized with bad ideas. In the past couple of months, we have made significant changes to our sales leadership and ... More

A glimpse behind the scenes.

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Too few to list. The only upside is the catered lunches (Friday's only) and the onsite gym (dirty).

Cons

Incompetent CEO and poorly run corporate/management staff. Any position at the company should be treated as a stepping stone or temporary destination. The CEO is is under qualified (married into the company) and the sales/marketing teams are poorly lead. This company is notoriously known for low balling salary for any position. Be prepared to be over worked and under paid here. HR is very rude and somewhat of a puppet for the CEO so don't think you will be treated fairly. On a side note, the building is filthy.

Advice to Management

To be a legimate "large" company, a solid plan on how to grow the company must be formed. Stepping on the toes of key accounts is just foolish and greedy. Also try investing in a cleaning service, appearance goes a long ways.

Jul 2, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I'm quite taken aback by the negative perception expressed in your comments. I strongly suggest that you immediately discuss your dissatisfaction using one of the ... More

Negative atmosphere, counter productive work environment, no leadership in sales. High turnover

I worked at IQAir

Pros

New building with free lunches on Friday

Cons

Awful. Awful Sales team leadership with lack of planning and organization skills. Lots of first time employees with no credibility or awareness to work within a team. Approach to business is random and people are non professionals

Advice to Management

Remove management team, over deliver and under promise. Make more products! Too much damage control from lack of leadership

Apr 9, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. IQAir believes that each customer and potential customer should have a 100% positive experience. We are constantly reviewing our processes to identify ways that we can ... More

Hostile Work Environment

Former Employee - Sales in La Mirada, CA

I worked at IQAir full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're an underachiever this is a great place to work. Management isn't looking for someone with better ideas they really just want you to do your job like a robot. So as long as you mindlessly do exactly what you are told you can last there a long time.

Cons

Management known to have serious anger issues. Yelling, undermining behavior and verbal abuse are all part of the culture. In order to work here it's almost like you have to be numb to being talked down to. I haven't seen such old school management -- that must be how things were in the 60's.

Advice to Management

I recommend years of anger management counseling and uncover where all your anger comes from.

Mar 26, 2014HR Manager

IQAir is actively seeking consistently high performers with a positive attitude. Creativity and identification/resolution of inefficiencies is encouraged. IQAir also maintains a professional ... More

Avoid this company

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at IQAir full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A free air purifier after you've worked there a year. Leaving at the end of the day.

Cons

Top management has little experience and creates a hostile work environment. Most of the employees here are miserable.

Advice to Management

You really need to remove the top level managment and replace them with people that actually know what they are doing. It is going to destroy your business.

Mar 26, 2014HR Manager

IQAir has a culture of high performance expectations. Management actively promotes continuing development and it is part of each employee's goals.

Incompetent Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at IQAir full-time

Pros

They pay their employees
    They do provide benefits after three months

Cons

Micro-management on every front
    Treating employees as children

Advice to Management

Paranoia and distrust destroy a work environment. The management here has some deeply insecure feelings toward employees, and the employees feel they can never win.

Aug 15, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to read that you had such a negative experience. I think you would find that the environment is very different today. Employee engagement, development ... More

Not bad, but not great. It is OK.

I worked at IQAir

Pros

The people who work here are wonderful. I really liked them and miss them. However, we always seemed to have a lot of turnover, so no one was ever around long enough to get to know. The work was challenging, and what they are trying to do to better the environment we live in is wonderful.

Cons

Management cant make a decision. They take a long time to do so. They are very nice, but that is fine as long as you don't try to think for yourself. They want to do it all themselves and will not share any of the opportunities to make something happen. Again, they are nice. But not necessarily the best when it comes to managing a team of co-workers.

Advice to Management

Share. Hire people who understand the business and where we are trying to expand. Instead, we stay very insular and do not bring in fresh ideas.

Jan 19, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your review. I readily agree with your statements about the people who work here being wonderful and the work being challenging. I am very sorry to hear that you believe that ... More

Last Chance Saloon

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than a year)

Pros

On site gym, free lunches on Friday, hybrid vehicle program.

Cons

At any given time, 75% of the employees at IQAir are new hires. Unfortunately, the good hires always move on to better opportunities after 6 months or so. What's left behind is the chaff, all of the last chance salooner's and idiots that couldn't cut it anywhere else.

Amongst this chaff, you have a few gung-ho employees who don't mind being micromanaged and are more than happy to drink and share the IQAir cool aid. However, if you spend enough time in the cafeteria, you'll meet more than one dejected and burned out employee that is in desperate need of stress leave.

Once you get passed working with mostly depressed, incompetent robots, there is the horrible pay. Fortunately for me, I've received multiple raises.These raises have drastically improved my pay, but it is still one standard deviation from the median pay for other people in similar positions in the industry. If IQAir wants to retain young, talented employees, they need to be more competitive in pay and offer more opportunities to work from home.

Sep 8, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your recognition of just a few of the benefits available to IQAir team members. We do have to disagree with your statements about the make up and ... More

11. Nice people, clean place to work

I worked at IQAir

Pros

Nice people to work with. All areas in the building are clean. I don't know who posted about dirty areas but I haven't seen any.

Cons

Wish they had more jobs for more people as the people who work there are very nice. Nice place to work.

Jul 6, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. The building is indeed immaculate and I agree that everyone here is very nice. With the demands placed on our top performers, the highest standards are set in regards ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed