IQAir Reviews

3.3
Glory Dolphin Hammes

Not a through street

I worked at IQAir full-time

Pros

-Free gym membership -Free air purifier -401k

Cons

Not much to look forward to in terms of advancement. Expect to be stuck in a dead end position if you accept a job here. You will be going nowhere quickly if you stick around here.

Sep 3, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Due to our smaller size and desire to discourage layers of management, there is, indeed, limited room for upward movement. We do offer and strongly encourage, however ... More

All Fluff and No Substance

I have been working at IQAir full-time

Pros

The purifiers are legit--just like the people. It goes without saying just how amazing the people are however, because they feel unsafe everyone has to be careful thanks to the management

Cons

There is nothing worse than employees feeling unsafe and like we can't trust anyone. Not even your own boss. At one point, the company actually felt like it was turning the corner however, management does not know how to create leaders, and give staff the opportunity to own their own craft and department. Instead the CEO has to police people using child like software. Management and personnel spend countless hours strategizing on how to micro-manage and also dissecting staff comments in meetings, and happenings. Both have absolutely nothing better to do than to poison the staff morale. Personnel is not to be trusted-- she is there to be the ears of the CEO and uses the corporate rep to collect gossip--that is how she creates her value to the company. The people are constantly spoken down to, treated like worthless human beings in order to maintain the power over the employees. Do not be fooled by the positive reviews on here--those are from new staff members that have been forced against their will to post a positive review. This company is a joke--run the other way before you end up ill on medical leave.

Advice to Management

Start an executive management internship program--recruiting graduates from real schools like Yale, Princeton, and Harvard that will hold your hand and teach you the concepts needed to become the Fortune 500 Company you so desire to become but never will because an USC education alone does not translate into what you are trying to make IQAir.

Sep 3, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. You are correct in that our product is amazing. The satisfaction that comes from being part of a company that really helps people improve the quality of their lives ... More

Inadequate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The physical environment of your office is not bad. They provide you with catered lunch on Fridays. There are some really great people that work in this company. The gym is a nice perk.

Cons

Executive management has some serious leadership flaws that limits the growth of the company. The management style exhibits the traits of an aggressive narcissist. Other factors that come into play are psychological bullying (especially in meetings), a condescending/glib attitude, and consistently fails to accept responsibility. It is amazing at the grandiose sense of self worth that is displayed on a constant basis. They are also in desperate need of true human resources that have strong business ethics.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust, then trust and learn

Aug 31, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We do, indeed, have some really great people that work at IQAir as well as many excellent perks. Your advice is excellent and duly noted. Those are words that I would ... More

Not for the highly talented

I worked at IQAir full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• Great health benefits • Great new building • Free lunch on Fridays • Free bagels and fruit on Mondays • 24 hour gym membership • On-site gym • Amazing, wonderful co-workers ( honestly fantastic )

Cons

So what makes IQAir a 1 star despite all those pros? 1. First things first. Most positive reviews are from new hires. Actually read the reviews they will all say something like "just started and have no complaints". I along with 4 other people were pressured to leave a review ONE week into being hired on. We were all hired around the same time 2. This place is a micromanagement machine. All this micromanagement unfortunately comes from the CEO. The micromanagement extends to writing and authorizing 'dishwasher policies' and other head-scratchers. She will point fingers at departments or employees one at a time. A running joke is asking who or what department is in the hot seat this week? Disagreeing with CEO during meetings usually leads to write-ups or firings for 'not being IQAir material'. 3. The turnover rater is VERY high. Out of the 60 employees during my time there only 4 were there longer than 1 year. Everyone is in fear of their job, It is a stressful environment because people are scared to take accountability for decisions because they usually lead to firings. So departments will point fingers at each other in an attempt to avoid blame. Instead of feeling like you are on a team with fellow departments you feel as though you need to cover all your tracks to assure you are safe. During my time less than 12 twelve months over 20 people were fired. Most new hires don't stay past their probationary period. 4. HR is very over-bearing. Numerous mandatory weekly meetings leave middle management few too hours to guide subordinates. Processes must all be vetted by HR and CEO. Things take twice as long as needed to complete and you often leave meetings feeling like what was decided last week has changed 180º this week. 5. The actual work you will produce is outdated, not to mention the tools used to do so. So any new technologies, software, best practices, trends and new findings are quickly pushed down because it can't be controlled. CEO is strangely scared of public opinion from social media users so there is no social media channels. Replies to comments need verification from CEO before being posted leaving customer's frustrated with how long it takes to get their needs met. 6. Arrogance of the highest level is portrayed from the very top. While IQAir's product is an amazing product that actually works.There is zero emotion in the work place, no smiling faces, the feeling in the air is cold. Family arguments from the top of the chain will leave you confused as what to do next. 7. No growth opportunities to further your career here. Its not a place I would recommend to work at unless you are looking to build our experience in your field. If you are highly skilled you will grow frustrated much quicker than others.

Advice to Management

Trust. Allow middle management and subordinates the freedom to explore options within their roles. It becomes a chore coming to work, don't make IQAir a place where everyone looks forward to friday lunch as the saving grace for the week. Although a family run business, don't let those family feuds put your employees in lose-lose situations.

Aug 17, 2015 – HR Manager

Constructive criticism is great appreciated and taken very seriously.

Tired of people who got fired talking trash about my company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir (More than 5 years)

Pros

Is IQAir the greatest place in the world to work? No. That being said, It is miles away from being the worst. The people who used to work here and are posting crap about the company are people who deserved to be fired. Their immaturity and passive aggressive approach in using this site to take out their frustration on being called out on their poor morals and work ethic just show you the type of people they are. Get over yourselves already and move on. The biggest pro is not having to work with you guys any longer.

Cons

its not perfect, but what workplace is?

Aug 11, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Your support of the company is appreciated. As you state, no company is perfect and I encourage you to talk to your team leader or human resources about suggestions ... More

I like working here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Pros

lots of opportunities for leaning and professional development and friendly people to work with. More importantly, they are not slackers or spoiled kids everyone is accountable and really professional.

Cons

more team activities would be nice, not a lot of extra stuff going on outside of the day to day work.

Advice to Management

lets have some teambuilding

Aug 6, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. As you say, our team is a very professional and friendly team. We hire for attitude so those are qualities we specifically seek in the hiring process. We also do have ... More

Assistant Clerk

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Pros

Great Benefits for such a small company (Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K) almost every benefit you could expect from a larger company with hundreds of employees. Holidays and Personal time off. Very Competitive!

Cons

No more than the usual problems of a small company like gossiping, complaining employees and cliques that see everything from their own perspective. The people that know how to run the company, but they do not have any real experience doing so.

Advice to Management

No advice needed for management they seem to be on their toes. One thing about good management they hate mediocrity and they can smell it a mile away and this is the case at IQAir.

Aug 3, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We do have highly market competitive benefits and we work hard to keep them that way. We do always encourage our team members to express any complaints they may have ... More

Horrid place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

I worked at IQAir full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most employees are friendly, and hard working.

Cons

This is the worst experience i have ever had working...ever. I was planning my move out of there the second i got hired. Management takes pride in bringing out the worst in people. They don't care about you, they make you feel responsible for the company's mess ups/problems, they make you feel replaceable multiple times a day and everyday, backstabbing or turn your words against you, deceitful and unethical. Working for IQAir, is like living your deepest and darkest moments in your life everyday, and you never get a break....That's your life... BUT you get free food on friday. So ok it's all worth it now..

Aug 5, 2015 – HR Manager

Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated and taken very seriously. We wish you the best in your future career.

A great experience so far

Current Employee - C# Developer in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - C# Developer in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at IQAir as a C# developer for just over 90 days now and I really don't see all this drama some of the other reviewers are talking about. I have not been paid by HR, I don't work in HR nor has the company asked me to post this review. In fact Debbie is super nice so back off peeps!! I just hate to see how generally-angry people use this site to spew out their unhappiness in their life. I am always pushed to the edges of my programming abilities which I see as a good thing. We are highly encouraged to go through online extended education classes. Further, the company provides free online training through various websites. If I want to learn a new topic such as Angular or improve my MVC skills I am encouraged to do so. Even the arm chair quarterbacks hiding behind their anonymity mention a lot of the good perks: Friday lunches, on-site gym, off-site gym membership, snacks, Monday breakfast, baseball games, a new facility, casual attire, good insurance options, ...

Cons

Right now, the cons are hopping on to this website to see unfair ratings from unhappy people. In general, as long as we enjoy life, enjoy our work and of course are good at our jobs we will most likely be treated fairly. Employees and employers have both good days and bad days, we're human. I guess if people want negativity in their lives they'll continue to spew it out at any opportunity they get. I discourage those negative people to apply. Again, I have not yet had a bad experience here at IQAir. I like it here and would encourage good people to take a job here.

Advice to Management

The internet development department, which I work for, has a great team of people who all get along well. If you are looking to this site to get some insights as to how the development department works don't listen to the negative reviews. Just keep helping us find more good people.

Jul 24, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for feedback. Your positive outlook is inspiring! I hope you remain passionate about your work and I encourage you to continue in your personal and skill development.

Horrible place to work

I worked at IQAir full-time

Pros

There are some good people there and you quickly form friendships because of all of the madness.

Cons

If you take a job here you will undoubtedly regret it. The way the company is run is mystifying. The CEO micromanages every action of every department. Even worse than the micromanaging is the fact that she knows absolutely nothing, but thinks she knows everything. And if all of that isn't bad enough she contradicts herself just about every other sentence making it impossible to actually do what she wants. Many times you'll leave with what you think is a clear understanding of what she wants and once you've done it she'll say, "I never said to do that." You are presented with nothing but lose-lose situations at IQAir. I don't speak for everyone, but the majority of people hate it there. They can't stand going into work. They can't stand having to take direction from a person that is so out of touch with reality. There are a few people that have played the game right and actually like it there, but they are few and far between. Don't ever leave a job for IQAir and don't ever turn down another job for IQAir. You will kick yourself for as long as you can last there. HR has tried to spin the turnover in their Glassdoor responses, but the simple fact is many people don't last more than a year or two there. Some get fired, some quit, but in the end it all boils down to it's a horrible place to work and you will be better off never having to deal with what people there have to endure.

Advice to Management

There is nothing you can do. The place is doomed for mediocrity. Growth is a pipe dream.

Jul 21, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Constructive criticism is taken very seriously.

RSS Feed </> Embed