IQMS Reviews

CEO

1. Magnificent Company, Enjoyable Staff, Outstanding Product

Current Employee - Software Support Specialist, Accounting in Paso Robles, CA
    Current Employee - Software Support Specialist, Accounting in Paso Robles, CA

I have been working at IQMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IQMS is an awesome company to work for. The owners are amazing people, coworkers are easy to get along with, and management seeks and welcomes input from employees. The company has had major growth recently and the people in the departments feel like family. To combat the recent feeling of separation between the growing departments with the opening of our new building employee mixers and holiday parties are thrown so that you can meet and hang out with other employees you don't get to see on a regular basis. The owners also know how to take care of their employees and offer an amazing benefits program, which I have never had offered at any previous jobs. Your coworkers really feel like family and care about life that happens outside of work as well. The company is also very active within the community sponsoring different groups such as local kids involved in 4-H and FFA, Relay for Life, Team in Training, United Way, the Food Bank, and assisting in keeping our local park clean with monthly park cleanup dates. When new positions open within the company, employees are offered them first providing room for growth and movement. Employees come from all different backgrounds in terms of education and experience. We have employees who are recent college graduates all the way to employees who have little college schooling. Which makes it nice when job searching and most careers require a BA in a particular field. We also have employees who have employment backgrounds in the service industry, retail, and similar software companies. And, if you like to travel, or are looking to start here but eventually move out of the area, we have offices in other locations around the country and an opportunity to move around is there. The training program is designed to teach you the software and is in depth and no previous knowledge of the software is needed. After going through the classroom style training to learn how to use the software you are partnered with a senior employee to gain experience in the department you are going into. Coworkers and management are helpful and never make you feel incompetent when asking for assistance. We are all a team here and each person excels in different areas of the software. The software is great to work with and new features are constantly being worked on. We have close relationships with our customers and value their input and ideas to better the system. At the same time, employees are encouraged to work with the software themselves and are asked their opinions on different areas. This personally gives me a sense of pride when I know my ideas are heard, appreciated, and possibly to be worked into the system. If you are looking for a stable, secure, and steady career, with the possibility for different challenges on a regular basis, this is the place for you. A lot of people have been here for many years and the turn around is very low. This is a job where you can be proud of where you work because of the people, environment, and the work we do to better our community.

Cons

Can be a high stress environment depending on how you handle different work loads. Which isn't really a con since stress is expected with every job. With the rapid growth of the company, the structure within the departments is lacking, but they are working on improving this and making progress.

Advice to Management

Create more tiers within departments so that there are more chances to go up, not just move laterally between departments. This could also positively change the work load as different positions will have different responsibilities.

2. IQMS

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Paso Robles, CA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Paso Robles, CA

I have been working at IQMS (More than a year)

Pros

good starting salary for new graduates

Cons

no company culture to speak of

3. Software Support Specialist

Former Employee - Production Analyst in Commerce, CA
    Former Employee - Production Analyst in Commerce, CA

I worked at IQMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people from the support department, Accounting and Manufacturing, are very approachable, kind. Also, the company highly invested into all of the employees.

Cons

The company is located out of nowhere, and it provides less flexibility to small and mid-size manufacturing companies.

Advice to Management

The sales and marketing need to be more flexible in terms of providing different options to small and mid-size manufacturing companies. The pricing can be more cheaper by using Cloud system or implementing the system remotely.

5. Great place to work with obvious growing pains

I have been working at IQMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-Workers are friendly and one could go to any team member for assistance One of the best training programs for the product Supervisors know their stuff and you never feel left in the dark By FAR one of the best places I've worked at and the owners are top notch people who care about their employees.

Cons

This is a fast growing company so there is bottle necks in certain parts. Specially in the '90' day training its more like 6-7 MONTHS this is too long to wait with your job still on the line. Delegation is definitely needed. HR department is supposed to be an employee's representative to management. But many coworkers have expressed doubts about bringing things up to this department since they feel nothing would get done.

Advice to Management

Delegation

6. Great career choice, big company feel in little central coast town.

I have been working at IQMS full-time

Pros

Amazing place to work, rapid growth, many opportunities for advancing within the company Privately owned so no worries of having to report to stock holders. They care about their employees first they promote within the company Great Benefits package Family like atmosphere Training is top of the line trainers know what they are talking about and you never feel 'lost' within the training course

Cons

the '90' day training period isn't really 90 days more like 6 months. Possibility of losing people that wont be willing to wait that long to know if they are 'official'

7. IQMS - Most friendly positive work environment on the Central Coast

I have been working at IQMS full-time

Pros

- Everyone who works here is so welcoming and kind - Small company -> not a small fish in a big pond - Training is excellent and you never feel lost and confused - Great benefits - Perfect way to have the best of both worlds; software oriented job, without the bay area lifestyle. - The possibility for upward mobility is available - Job postings are always looked at for a possible internal promotion before putting it out there for the general public.

Cons

- the "90 day" training program takes in upwards of 8 months to finish. The training program is wonderful and very well done, but the testing process that follows takes way too long for participants to maintain sanity when their jobs are in a purgatory like state. - not set pay scale - if you are in support but have the right resume, you could be making more money than higher departments. In turn, if you are in support and say the wrong things in your interview process about technological background, you could be making significantly less than your peer even if you have the best understanding of the software in your class.

8. I consider myself lucky to work for a company as amazing as IQMS. I feel like I won the career lottery!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paso Robles, CA

I have been working at IQMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic Company, great co-workers and employers, many opportunities for advancement!

Cons

I am very satisfied with IQMS so I don't have any cons to list.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and engaging.

9. A Career Opportunity with Merit

I have been working at IQMS full-time

Pros

Respectful Communication between all employees at all levels, your productive input is always heard Upbeat Employees that strive to better everything they see and do as individuals part of a cohesive Team Hard work and ingenuity is expected but is also rewarded. That means more than a smile and someone else taking the credit. We acknowledge your success.

Cons

Constant need for self study and knowledge training that can be arduous but is always rewarding in the end. If you do not want your daily work to be a challenge, this is not a good fit for you.

10. Fun, energetic, fast growing company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paso Robles, CA

I have been working at IQMS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Prefer to promote from within - Nice benefits packages - Flexible scheduling/balance between work and life

Cons

- Training needs to be held to the 90 day program it was intended - No set salary brackets which lead to inconsistencies when one promotes - As the company continues to grow there is a feeling of division between departments

Advice to Management

Be available to employees and support open communication.

11. I love my fellow co-workers, what a great company to work for and great product we sell.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paso Robles, CA

I have been working at IQMS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great Personnel -Great Product -Great Training -Great Location -Work environment is fantastic -company definetly recognizes that employees make this company roll

Cons

-Training is great and needed, but could be faster when it comes to the final testing. -Delegation is needed in some departments.

RSS Feed </> Embed