IQNavigator

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014
2.9

Joe Juliano

THIS is why I love working here!

I have been working at IQNavigator full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Posted a picture of CEO Santa. Each year our CEO and his wife dress as Santa and Mrs. Clause. Our employees are invited to bring their kids to the office. They leave with a hug from Santa and a little gift from Mrs. Clause. That's the spirit of this place.

No doubt 2014 was a challenging year. A lot had to be done to right this ship. It was silently sinking - just no one knew it. Now there is transparency. The new 9th floor is a great, fun work space. And the technology platform is well on its way to being better than ever. Career opportunities are what you make of them. What we lack in hierarchy, is more than made up for in work experiences - if you know how to find them or raise your hand for them. I have made new friends here - and I'm grateful for it.

Cons

This amount of change was too much for some to manage. Many opted out. Others are turning their perspectives around. We all deserve to be surrounded by people who are hopeful and ready to roll up their sleeves.

Satisfied here at IQN

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Centennial, CO

I have been working at IQNavigator full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I overheard a coworker talking about this site and am surprised by some of the negative feedback. I've been here for over 2 years and while we have been through significant change, it was absolutely necessary because where we were heading was not good. Work/Life balance is a high priority here and the care and concern of employees seems to be top of mind for our senior leadership and admin teams. Compared to previous jobs and my spouses job, the compensation, benefits, and work perks are FAR better here at IQN. To be honest, I don't see much to complain about and really wanted to shed light on that fact...

Cons

I've been looking for more training opportunities and wish that there was more of an investment in that area. Communication has improved a lot this year - but there's never such thing as too much communication when it comes to the company you're working for

Invest more in training opportunities and consider a 401k match

Nov 25, 2014Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that someone who's been with us for a few years recognizes the change we're going through and appreciates all we have to offer as an organization. We ... More

We work hard, and it's worth it.

I have been working at IQNavigator full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Significant strategic changes have come forward in the past year plus, which has left several colleagues of mine very aggravated and disgruntled. We are expected to work very hard when we are at work, and we are truly earning our paychecks. However, this is listed under "Pros" because we are at work! Yes, work is very busy. Yes, work is exhausting. Since when did people expect work to not be a challenging environment? I love not being bored at work. Some days are tough, but it is worth it from both a professional and personal growth perspective. I truly believe that our CEO, and the senior leadership team, truly recognize the opportunities that we have as a company in a niche industry.

Cons

No 401k match, no fitness reimbursements, some employees get to work from home while others never have that option.

If some employees can work remotely, then this should be allowed universally for employees. This should be company policy, rather than whatever an employee's manager thinks. Keep up the little perks...they go a long way!

I signed up for challenging and rewarding, and that's pretty much what I'm getting

Current Employee - Technology in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Technology in Centennial, CO

I have been working at IQNavigator full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Surprised at how negative some of the reviews have been. Understand the company turned over its leadership and did a reorg that included some layoffs - with that come new goals and new ways of doing things and it's uncomfortable. But that's a good thing when prior leadership was clearly making poor decisions. Just about everyone agrees the company was headed in the wrong direction before Joe Juliano became CEO.

Impressed with Joe's willingness to share financial performance, good or bad. Talks about selling a business unit, acquiring other companies, moves by competitors. Seems focused on investing in the company's future, getting back to the top of the industry. Talks in terms of the strategic plan and balanced scorecard (I like having metrics that show how I'm doing, nothing wrong with that). All of this sets the tone for the execs, VPs, Directors. As a whole, transparency and communication are great. Hate to use buzzwords like that, but...

Open workspace is different, better than I thought it would be. Great that everything is new. Work from home policy is super. Budget is there for training and conferences. Casual attire. Lots of programs for wellness and fun. Like the push to rethink how things are done, get to a new architecture. Like Agile Scrum method. Board and leadership seem aligned, determined to invest and grow, feels like we want to win.

Cons

I gave 5 out of 5 stars, but "very satisfied" is a long way from perfect. Don't need the superior attitude from Architecture and Infrastructure is an embarrassment in today's age of IaaS providers. Code base is very ... entrepreneurial ... and that's being very kind. Morale is low in the Technology team, but it really seems like it's time to stop dwelling on the negatives. Pay is competitive, maybe a notch better than market, but the long timers seem upset that raises aren't so generous. Welcome to the real world. Wish the sense of teamwork were better.

New people at the staff level. Full timers over contractors. We could use some outside perspective, fresh attitude. And if we hit company goals, implement a 401K match!

Nov 13, 2014Director, Talent Acquisition

We appreciate you taking the time to share your insight and feedback. Since you're in Technology, you can understand the pain points that we’re experiencing with our legacy code, but you also get to ... More

No opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Not Applicable in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Not Applicable in Denver, CO

I have been working at IQNavigator full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The health care coverge is okay

Cons

There is zero opportunity for advancement for anyone outside of Denver and for those that work in the office, you are only provided opportunities by who you know. If you come to work for IQN and are not on site, don't expect that your hard work, countless hours and dedication will be noticed.

New processes put into place in order to make things "better" are just recycled old ideas that didn't work then, and don't work now.

People are leaving in mass for a reason. This isn't because they don't know their job, or that they're in over their heads. I won't elaborate since apparently I'm not allowed to have an opinion without being called out at a company meeting.

Please, stop hiring so many VPs.

Overall great experience at IQNavigator

Former Employee - Android Developer in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Android Developer in Centennial, CO

I worked at IQNavigator as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I worked with a lot of great and smart people. It was pretty laid back, but also very fun and challenging.

Cons

There was a lot of change going on so a lot of talented people left the company.

Nov 7, 2014Director, Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your sharing your experience at IQNavigator. Thanks for being part of the IQN team, and for everything you contributed while you were here!

I worked for IQN for a couple of years

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at IQNavigator full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many people are feeling the same pain. Easy to talk with others during turmoil.

Good work from home policy, IF you really need it

Cons

Because upper management is focused on the 'big picture', and middle management is focused on themselves, there is no true binder between the two. Too many items are lost in the management cracks as a result. Or in HR where they are stepping on themselves, since there are way too many employees to function.

Many people are leaving, and because of the lack of backfill, those job responsibilities are falling on the same key people....every time. EVERY TIME!!! Even if they have been demoted. This creates a huge amount of discord, for obvious reasons.

Start talking to those in the thick of it. Figure out what is going on. Your long term vision is good, but you are losing yourselves in the short term. A lot of people who have been there for a long time really do care. Stop discounting that. If they were there for more than a few years, they went through many transformations, good or bad, and stuck with it because they have passion. This should be important to you! Knowledge is power. Especially in a small business space.

Get Hired, Don't Expect to Go Anywhere

Current Employee - Product Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Product Support Specialist

I have been working at IQNavigator full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free Rockies games, free company events, other than that expect to be on-call regularly, have to rush around all the time because someone broke something. Very dissatisfied with the integration team causing more work for everyone than need be.

Cons

Very cutthroat employees, lack of promotion opportunity in to relevant fields to the individual's skill set, a few very poor team leaders (i.e. Mr. McGrath in Support)

Terrible place and terrible managers who shouldn't remotely be in their positions

I worked at IQNavigator full-time (more than an year)

Pros

nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing (I had to put 5 words it said)

Cons

- horrible software, more bugs than clean code
    - managers don't know how to manage if their life depended on it
    - managers don't listen to skilled employee's and thus fail the company's forward movement
    - burn cash with very little income as overhead is huge!!

Leave and let the employees run the show, they know better it seems

Company trying to find its way

I worked at IQNavigator full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a high-paced SaaS VMS which is recognized in the contingent labor industry

Cons

The verdict is still out whether its best days are behind it. The company is undergoing a lot of change internally, as well as externally, in the way it will and can afford to service its customers. There has been significant turnover in the last two years with much of the 'founding talent' having left and with them a significant amount of tribal/undocumented and unshared knowledge.

IQNavigator Photos