IRIS Software Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Martin Leuw

Good Work and Good Managers

Software Engineer (Current Employee) New Delhi (India)

ProsI got a chance to work with some good managers like Satya, Rajeev and most important Himanshu Yadav and Hemant Sehgal they all are awesome guys and helped in every difficult time.
    thanks to Himanshu as he helped me to grow as a professional and Hemant to help me in technical skills.

ConsThe only thing that i found disappointing was the layoff during the recession time, although I was safe but didn't got much economical appraisal as it should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave to cater employees financial growth at right time ..

How not to carry execute an acquisition strategy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSalary is reasonable and bonuses have been paid in the past

ConsA series of unintegrated acquisitions in the legal sector by Computer Software Group (CSG) were compounded by the backers of the solid IRIS accountancy business acquiring CSG in the mistaken belief accountants and lawyers were in any way similar. After several years of announcing and reversing strategies, offshoring then onshoring development and allowing the talent and industry expertise to walk away in despair, the two sides were demerged again. Morale, already low, is presumably now rock-bottom, and software releases are slower to emerge than ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the management team?

Change Environment for costs reduction and ease process flows

Management Accountant (Former Employee) Bristol, England (UK)

ProsBroad scope of responsibilities, employee development schemes eg leadership programme, change environment attempting to improve communication. Industry standard benefits

ConsSome restructuring aspects did not produce all the planned benefits due to reduction in employee retention rate

Advice to Senior ManagementReview employee retention rates for each business unit and address specifically. Recruitment technique to identify personalities that adapt to change

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IRIS Software Group

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsIt's Location and tranquillising environment. Generally the staff are very friendly and are often encouraged to contribute to improvements. It does have a leadership programme but on completion no career progression is guaranteed nor probable. IRIS is lead by some exciting and competent board. Career progression almost remote and you are likely to be in a role for a very long time indeed.

ConsSome departments have it easy whereas some of the department deliver a similar function are allowed more flexibility and less pressure. It generally in my opinion underpays its staff however on a positive side is against any redundancy. It is financially sound however there have been some report of poor product quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementConduct a pay review across all the departments and have a more meaningful and structured career path. The board needs to be made aware of the 'real' situation that is going around.

Worked for IRIS Software Group? Contribute to the Community!