ISAC

2.8

Rick Loden

Great stepping stone

I have been working at ISAC

Pros

This Company help develop professional skills needed to work in the world of higher education. Learned the in and outs out financial aide. Worked directly with students helping them achieve higher education goals.

Cons

this is an entry level position which doesn't allow for further advancement in the company. The pay is also entry level but over all well worth it since the job is very rewarding in its self

Not good

I have been working at ISAC full-time

Pros

Hours are great no nights or weekends

Cons

Collection management staff are unprofessional and needs training.

Stop picking on elderly it's a state job!

Awful company

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in North Charleston, SC

I worked at ISAC

Pros

There was a very small workload but only because they were such an awful company that nobody wanted to hire them to work.

Cons

Extreme micromanaging. I'm a college graduate with a finance degree and my manager had to review every single piece of paper that came off of my desk to be mailed, even though we used templates for most documents. Low pay for the type of deadlines that were expected. Horrible software system for keeping track of claims.

Try not to treat your employees like little kids.

Project work at ISAC

Former Intern - Project Trainee in Bangalore (India)
    Former Intern - Project Trainee in Bangalore (India)

I worked at ISAC as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

good environment to learn stuffs.

Cons

the company policies and rules are strict.

A good experience

I worked at ISAC

Pros

It provides exposure to the world

Cons

There are no strict timings

Great Company for Freshers

Current Employee - Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Manager in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at ISAC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Mentorship. Great Lunch facility. Good work. Management is very nice and hear about your issues.

Cons

No communication facility. No Cab or Bus. Apparasial process can be improved a lot.

None

great mission, but treatment like children

I have been working at ISAC

Pros

The mission is wonderful, and you can tell that everyone truly believes in the mission and isn't just there to have a job. The people are also really nice, and really comfortable to be around. For the most part, its really easy to have a one on one conversation with almost anyone. The benefits are great (tuition waivers, generous vacation time). There are often company outings which are more fun than awkward, and all levels of management seem to come out for these, so you really feel like management wants to be connected to what is going on. After years in this position, and experience in other areas, this definitely has the greatest pros.

Cons

No notice for anything. And everything changes. Constantly. Company objectives change, work objectives change, very difficult to feel like anything is getting accomplished. You are made to feel like your opinion and thoughts matter, but at the end of the day, nothing seems to improve. There are HEAVY amounts of favoritism regarding promotions, and the pay scale tends to be not so great if you don't fall under the list of faves. Often travel is with VERY short notice and with seemingly little reason and poor reimbursement. Some (but not all) managers very much make a point of the fact that they are indeed a notch above you, and one wrong move and you could be gone. Very bad for morale, and productivity. They also claim that we are working hard toward the mission, and that the company values creative solutions, but often data mining and making numbers reigns supreme. Also, extremely(!!!!) unprofessional behavior among managers, as well as between managers and employees has gone unaddressed, again, due to favoratism. No good. I say, good if you can keep your nose to the ground, stay away if youre interested in real change.

There needs to be more genuine teamwork and creativity and understanding and HUMANITY between all levels, and not just the talk of it.