ISE Reviews

Reset
4.2
ISE President and Chief Executive Officer Gary Katz
Gary Katz

1. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ISE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ISE provides employees an environment where the culture is inviting, training is unlimited, ideas are shared and hard work is recognized.

Cons

No cons, this is a great place to work!

2. two thumbs up

I have been working at ISE

Pros

ISE is a great company to learn and grow. The environment is really conducive to career growth and maximizing your potential. I feel great about my decision to join ISE, and I love coming in every day.

Cons

I can't think of any downsides to the ISE.

3. senior software engineer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ISE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Time Flexibility , Cool environment , No rush

Cons

Less growth opportunities , Salary less than industry standard

5. Great Learning Environment

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in New York, NY

I have been working at ISE

Pros

Learn a lot in the internship. Great working environment. Friendly employees.

Cons

No Cons, I love working here!

6. Challenging work environment, great learning opportuntiies, employees treated well, company truly cares about everyone

I have been working at ISE

Pros

ISE is a great place to roll up your sleeves type of work environment. I've been with the company for 8+ years and enjoyed every bit of it. If you are looking for a challenging and fast work pace, this is a great place to consider. Managers are hands-on and serve as great mentors. The company values transparency and the staff are consistently updated with meeting notes from the Management Team and the CEO conducts town-hall meetings multiples times in the year to keep us updated on the business - both good and bad are discussed. There is some workplace flexibility and ISE cares about their employees and the family. Benefits and compensation are good.

Cons

There really isn't much to say.

Advice to Management

The management team have done a great job communicating company information to the staff. Most managers are pretty flexible with days off or leaving early so long as you get your job done.

7. Great company to start at!

I have been working at ISE

Pros

Lots of technologies to learn, coworkers are helpful, all just trying to ensure the product is consistently working

Cons

Nothing really, would appreciate casual fridays.

8. Amazing!

Current Employee - Director, Engineering, Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director, Engineering, Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at ISE full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ISE is a great place to work. Many people have been here for 10+ years and stay because it is a great place. ISE is a diverse culture with many experienced, dedicated and knowledgeable people that are willing to coach and mentor employees. If you are seeking a company in the Financial Services sector that is unafraid to embrace new technologies or ideas with an entrepreneurial spirit, then this is the place for you. Work life balance is extremely important. If you are a hard worker and dedicated, you will be recognized for your contributions.

Cons

ISE is not a large company with regard to employee count. As a result benefits could be better (unfortunately larger companies have better negotiating power with health care providers). If your goal is to climb the corporate ladder, at break neck speed (like being just another number at a fortune 500 company) then this is not the company for you. If your goal is to learn, grow, collaborate, and find a great working environment surrounded by people who enjoy what they do, then this is the place to be.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work making ISE a great workplace. Continue valuing your employees and making them feel as though they matter to the business.

Great company if you are smart and hardworking

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY

I have been working at ISE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training opportunities. Learning opportunities. Get to wear multiple hats.

Cons

No career movement or growth. Extreme micro management from direct manager hindering ability to do work. Constant one on one, team status meetings and reminder emails. Some people get favorable treatment and get a pass to do what's required for unknown reasons.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead weight, find new employees to replace those who can't handle their workloads. If the team is not performing well it is and should be a reflection of their direct manager.

ISE is a REALLY GREAT place to work at!

I have been working at ISE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ISE has a great work-life balance, they offer good benefits, they try to incorporate fun into the work life. If you're actually really really good at what you do, you will reap the benefits via promotions etc. They also have a good bonus program.

Cons

Unless you're super great at what you do, you do go unnoticed. There aren't many opportunities to develop into something else. If an employee wants more there's not always room to move up.

Advice to Management

More emphasis should be taken into looking at all employees and how they can grow. There's always room for development and if someone has been with the company a long time and they're not moving up or contributing as much as they should, someone should speak up and change that. If a manager is not good at managing, someone should step in so that the employee has a chance to grow and develop further.

11. Great place to work

Current Employee - Technology Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technology Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at ISE full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working at ISE for 13 years starting in Operations and eventually moving my way up to Infrastructure Management. Days and weeks pass quickly at ISE as I am constantly learning from both my team and senior management. I keep in touch with many of the individuals that have left ISE and many often comment that the ISE culture is unmatched and truly understand the proverb “the grass is always greener.” Culture is great, Senior management is transparent and honestly, upward mobility is proven and seen throughout the company and overall compensation is generous. Many grass roots Technology initiatives such as Devops, SDN and automation have originated from technical staff and adopted by management.

Cons

Although I am fair I do expect a lot from my team. I often challenge them with deliverables that may be a stretch. However, as detailed above, the rewards are there in terms of compensation, upward mobility and exposure. I find that I never really have to “push” people as the culture creates a momentum of its own and deliverables are rarely missed. Every individual at ISE knows that they are part of a team and that visibility is awarded to those that deserve it. Another Con is meeting management. There are too many meetings and often they are not well organized with clear agendas, objectives and deliverables.

Advice to Management

I would recommend this company to others. Few people are passionate about their job and what they do. I can truly say that I enjoy what I do and work for a team of outstanding individuals.

RSS Feed </> Embed