ISE

Be The First To
Add Photos

ISE President & CEO Gary Katz

Gary Katz

ISE is a REALLY GREAT place to work at!

ProsISE has a great work-life balance, they offer good benefits, they try to incorporate fun into the work life. If you're actually really really good at what you do, you will reap the benefits via promotions etc. They also have a good bonus program.

ConsUnless you're super great at what you do, you do go unnoticed. There aren't many opportunities to develop into something else. If an employee wants more there's not always room to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore emphasis should be taken into looking at all employees and how they can grow. There's always room for development and if someone has been with the company a long time and they're not moving up or contributing as much as they should, someone should speak up and change that. If a manager is not good at managing, someone should step in so that the employee has a chance to grow and develop further.

Great place to work

Technology Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI have been working at ISE for 13 years starting in Operations and eventually moving my way up to Infrastructure Management. Days and weeks pass quickly at ISE as I am constantly learning from both my team and senior management. I keep in touch with many of the individuals that have left ISE and many often comment that the ISE culture is unmatched and truly understand the proverb “the grass is always greener.” Culture is great, Senior management is transparent and honestly, upward mobility is proven and seen throughout the company and overall compensation is generous. Many grass roots Technology initiatives such as Devops, SDN and automation have originated from technical staff and adopted by management.

ConsAlthough I am fair I do expect a lot from my team. I often challenge them with deliverables that may be a stretch. However, as detailed above, the rewards are there in terms of compensation, upward mobility and exposure. I find that I never really have to “push” people as the culture creates a momentum of its own and deliverables are rarely missed. Every individual at ISE knows that they are part of a team and that visibility is awarded to those that deserve it. Another Con is meeting management. There are too many meetings and often they are not well organized with clear agendas, objectives and deliverables.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend this company to others. Few people are passionate about their job and what they do. I can truly say that I enjoy what I do and work for a team of outstanding individuals.

Outstanding company to work for

Pros* Company is in the center of the financial industry which makes the work challenging and ever changing - we never get bored
    * Good performance is always recognized both verbally and through the bonus and long term compensation structure
    * High achievers need only apply
    * Management always accessible

Cons* Company performance (and bonuses) highly correlated to market and economy
    * Small, young team making upward mobility more challenging than in a larger company
    * Weekend work for some technology teams

Advice to Senior Management* Ignore the one or two negative reviews on this web site - you are doing an outstanding job!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was good for a while

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsApproach is to share the good times (and the bad times) as far as pay and bonuses go. There is a real effort to offset busy periods of work with some fun.

ConsCareer and professional development opportunities are extremely limited. There is too much jostling for position and not enough focus on working together.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is too top heavy and too heavily invested in loyalty and alliances rather than competence and capability.

Unlike like any other work environment

ProsEveryone, including the CEO, in the company is incredibly friendly and always takes the time to hear about you.

ConsIt's not Google, you'll have to dress business casual everyday. But they do have jeans-Fridays throughout the year.

Best company I have ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsChallenging work, great culture, smart and talented workforce

ConsIt s a great place for people who are passionate about what they do. If you are not you won't enjoy the challenge

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to recognize talent

Great company to work for

Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood pay and bonus, great culture. Opportunity to learn and work with lots of new technology.

ConsEveryone is expendable. Everyone's voice who is not senior management is not taken into consideration

Good and Bad

Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsPay is good if upper management likes you.
    No tolerance for slackers.
    Strong leadership.

ConsManagement tend to look at only for themselves.
    People doing the actual work don't have a voice.
    Everyone is dispensable.

Good.

Automation Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat people, great team, fun atmosphere

ConsSometimes the work got boring, avenues for professional development are limited

Rigid but OK office life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood people, very committed to their jobs and the company

ConsOverly rigid structure, poor time off/work from home policies. Not a casual workplace.

Worked for ISE? Contribute to the Community!