ISS Facility Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

ISS Facility Services CEO Sean Bond

Sean Bond

Pros
  • Management is very understanding of the need for work/life balance and flexible(in 3 reviews)

• Key accounts, Growth potential and International presents(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • with this sort of "employee oriented company" approach, sorry, no chance(in 2 reviews)

• Lack of systems make it hard to focus on the true task at hand(in 2 reviews)

Great Company with growth potential

N/A (Current Employee)

ProsFlexibility with schedules. Laid back atmosphere. Competitive pay. Great vision.

ConsStandard benefits. Good ol' boy management.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet realistic expectations for employees.

Great company to work with.

Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGood salary, no pressure, great conditions.

ConsSome Supervisors don't have a clue on what they are doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore hire somebody for a supervisor position, please verify the candidate experience.

experience was great learned all lot

Supervisor (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsAwesome job learned a lot and got great experience and wish i can work for them in the future

Consit was just a bit far for me to get to

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Expected for the industry

Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsYou get out of it what you put in, supervisory experience looks good on a resume.

ConsHigh turnover rate, impersonal environment. Largely depends on specific contract.

Not a recommended company, in my opinion...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsSince I believe there is a silver lining in every circumstance, I can honestly say that ISS Facility Services does offer opportunity for employees to start their career well. The unfortunate truth is that there is a limit that pertains to each individual under the executive level, which, in my opinion is not fair.

ConsHR was always disorganized. The organization charting is never really accurate nor is it up to date. It's a wonder how this company remains in business. Management comes from a variety of background which is normally good, however, no formal nor informal training is offered. This causes much confusing to all.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the work load of subordinates. Learn what they do and contribute with positive feedback as often as necessary to build a healthier relationship.

Good learning experience

Critical Environment Technician (Current Employee)

ProsGood place to learn and experience a wide variety of Critical Facility equipment.

ConsExpectations of employees if forever increasing without additional compensation.

Great Company to work for!

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsI truly enjoyed my time working for ISS. The company is fairly new to the states (huge globally) and the wonderful people working for ISS here really care about the company and their clients, wanting to provide the best in class services. The managers and team members I had the pleasure to work with are absolutely the best. My manager was sharp, decisive and fair. Always able to see both sides of the coin.

ConsOther then the normal growing pains (as most companies go through) I really think the company is one of the best!

Advice to Senior ManagementJust to commit to getting one sector of their business off the ground. I believe once this happens, there will be no stopping them.

Revolving Door Organization

Cleaner (Former Employee) Spokane, WA

ProsDecent Pay and plenty of autonomy.

ConsThey have college aged kids running the asylum at the location I worked at. There was no direction, hours were handed out by favoritism and cronyism, some of the "leaders" sat on the phone all day in the closets, employees were roaming, gossiping, bad mouthing each other and slacking off - anything but working. They can't find good people so they hire anyone, they don't train properly, no discipline, sloppy techniques, broken equipment, limited supplies, etc...

I've never worked anywhere else in the country where employees were given free reign and leadership positions were given to the worst employees just because they had been there the longest or were friends with the manager. Just showing up was good enough for ISS most of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate permanent positions; Hire some mature and educated people for the leadership roles; ones who don't play games and reward their friends with the most hours. Discipline and direct the employees, add some structure and procedures to the organization. Working for your half-assed company was simply embarrassing.

Review

Executive - Human Resource (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGood company to work with. Stable Business.

ConsCompany focus is to bring in people from the outside. Rarely promotion from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake advantage of the taklent you have in house.

Wonderful People

Management (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat people and a true open door policy all the way to the top. ISS offers a lot of growth potential and opportunity.

ConsLack of systems make it hard to focus on the true task at hand. In a company thats core value is customer service often times its hard to deliver such goal when you're trying to solve internal system gaps.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees in a leadership role who fail to deliver time and time again make it hard for the people that do. Cut the fat.

Worked for ISS Facility Services? Contribute to the Community!