IST Management Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Hal Blackman

Pros
  • MEET NEW PEOPLE AND BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS (in 4 reviews)

• You work with great people--the clients, that is (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management lies to employees when they write up a person they (site managers) do not investigate the charges (in 5 reviews)

• Hourly pay is very low in a city with a very high cost of living (in 3 reviews)

1. Great Company if You're Looking to Leave Retail

I have been working at IST Management full-time

Pros

Regular work schedule, 40 hour work-week, no weekends, overtime opportunities, growth opportunity

Cons

Customers are often very demanding, Required trainings often are unrelated to actually day-to-day work

Pay more attention to your employees

Current Employee - Site Manager
    Current Employee - Site Manager

I have been working at IST Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The job itself is great, you meet great people in a variety of different professional settings depending what type of site your client has, you have the ability to learn how the client's company works from the inside, the possibility of promotion to a Site Manager or supervisor is very high if you take your job seriously.

Cons

The benefits are not that great and they are expensive. IST is a contracted company which forces their hand in that they cannot pay their employees very well since they have to keep their bids on the lower side to get contracts for employment, and I feel that I have hit the ceiling in this company after just three years. I run a site that is completely hands free for my Operations Manager and the client knows this and trusts me and the team with what we do. There is never a single issue and yet, there is hardly any praise. I doubt that the corporate really understands what we (the team at the site) do to keep IST in the good graces of the client.

Advice to Management

Show some real appreciation for your employees that do the work. Without them, it wouldn't matter how many new contracts are signed, they are the backbone to this company and need to be compensated a little more. Whether it is more frequent pay raises (and more than a couple nickels) or better deals on insurance, they need to see more gratitude from their employer.

3. Difference of values

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Benefits were good - but company we worked with had to subsidize the premium so it wouldn't cost half our paychecks Never had to take work home with me. At 5pm, I was done.

Cons

Communication is lacking. Took forever to get answers to emails or calls. They only value what they can prove in numbers. If you can demonstrate your value by showing data, then you're of no use. Micromanaging to an absurd degree. I had to scan barcodes for different things I did so they could record they were being done. Value was placed on these scans and the numbers they showed rather than the interpersonal relationships built with clients and the problem solving involved with satisfying numerous people who all wanted the same thing at the same time.

5. From an experienced worker's perspective

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Upper management really seem to care, and the recruiters/HR have great professional acumen.

Cons

The regular site managers are a piece of work. Very single minded. The staff is overall lazy and somewhat unprofessional. Not everyone, just a good majority of them. I'm on my way out.

Advice to Management

Periodically check the sites you oversee, and have one on ones with each employee and make sure the workload is fairly distributed. Compensation can be better, but considering some of the people that are hired to IST, they are luck to get even that. Thanks for the memories.

6. Service Specialist

Former Employee - Service Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Service Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at IST Management (Less than a year)

Pros

You are guaranteed 40 hours a week

Cons

Very low pay with no possibility of advancement.

Just another job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at IST Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok for beginners. Clients are ok. Learning different positions.

Cons

Pay should reflect the person experiences. The operation managers does not listen about concerns because they are to busy worrying about themselves.

Jul 7, 2015 – VP Administration

My name is Lori Mitchum, VP Administration at our IST Corporate Office. I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you - pease contact me at lmitchum@istmanagement.com.

8. IST Review

Current Employee - Network Analyst in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Network Analyst in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at IST Management (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of team building and a great environment to begin any career.

Cons

Not enough pay, and almost no room for advancement.

Jul 7, 2015 – VP Administration

My name is Lori Mitchum, VP Administration at our IST Corporate Office. I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you. Please contact me at lmitchum@istmanagement.com.

9. Star

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Pros

Good company, Flexibility, IST systems, Great upper management

Cons

None, I honestly do not have an cons that I can think off

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing,

Jul 7, 2015 – VP Administration

Thank you for your comments. We value employee input to help shape our company to best serve our employees in the future. Lori Mitchum VP Administration IST Management Services

10. Ex-Project Administrator

Former Employee - Project Administrator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Administrator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at IST Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The SRC department was pretty laid back on daily assignment. slow pace and very friendly site manager. They have an awesome company president. We constantly had employee auction where you bit on some of the coolest items ranging form $500 gift card to some cool techy gadgets using your accumulated "Blackman Bucks."

Cons

Pay for the job done and for the tile "Project Administrator" was peanut compared to other companies with similar job title. Other than the hourly pay, everything else was good.

11. Site Manager

Current Employee - Office/Client Services Manager in Largo, MD
    Current Employee - Office/Client Services Manager in Largo, MD

I have been working at IST Management (Less than a year)

Pros

None! They take advantage of you.

Cons

Poor salary! Poor PTO and benefits!

Advice to Management

You loose great employees with nothing to hold them there.

Jul 7, 2015 – VP Administration

My name is Lori Mitchum, VP Administration at our IST Corporate Office. I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you and perhaps explain our PTO & Benefits programs in more detail ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed