IST Management

Updated August 4, 2014
Updated August 4, 2014

2.4

Hal Blackman

Pros
  • MEET NEW PEOPLE AND BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS (in 4 reviews)

• Lack of red tape in making decisions, process improvements, staffing changes etc (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a con but as a growing company there have been some growong pains as the infastructure catches up to the sales growth (in 7 reviews)

• The Site Managers seem to think that all STAR employees are not 'real' employees for IST (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

No mobility

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

Pros

You work with great people--the clients, that is. And in some great environments, but other than that, not much

Cons

Where do I begin--the pay is terrible, some of the people you work with are way below your experience and education yet you're getting paid the same, etc. etc. etc.

Recognize good employees, increase compensation if you expect people to leave at a moments notice to cover someones shift.

Apr 18, 2014VP Administration

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Getting input from employees on what we are doing right and on what we need to improve on helps us as we grow the company to make the ... More

Not what I thought.

Current Employee - Service Specialist
    Current Employee - Service Specialist

Pros

Gain experience in mail/copy equipment and software.

Cons

Pay is low.
    PTO have to be used for national holidays.
    Training is not available
    Managers are useless.
    Communication is lacking

Please (Managers) be available to your employees. Provide management training to new managers and those who have the potential to become managers. Communicate Communicate Communicate to ALL your employees not just site supervisor and managers. Consider having holiday pay. Its not fair work for PTO only to use it for national holidays.

Jan 24, 2014Director of Human Resources

Please call me at 404-582-8832 or email me at jlafont@istmanagement.com. I think you've misunderstood how our PTO program is structured and I'd like to discuss your manager. Thank you.

Beware of the fake positive reviews

Pros

Just need five words here.

Cons

IST has a habit of posting fake 5 star reviews to keep their rating from crashing on Glassdoor. I know cause they would regularly send out emails requesting staff to review positively. And on the negative reviews were someone from HR seems to asks the reviewer to contact them to elaborate on feedback its used to determine who the employee is, not for anything constructive. Beware working or planning to work for this company they are very full of it. I am lucky to have gotten out of there as soon as I saw through the curtain how they really operate.

Mar 20, 2014VP Administration

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. As a former employee, please know that you are still welcome to contact me if you would like to share concerns that you think I could ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The worst company for whom I have ever worked.

Former Employee - Site Supervisor
    Former Employee - Site Supervisor

Pros

None that I was able to discern

Cons

1. Company loyalty not rewarded
    2. Misogyny encouraged (women are referred to as "girls" and competition between them are referred to as "cat-fights")
    3. Managers are instructed to hire non-college graduates in order to reduce costs and avoid independent thought
    4. Company health insurance for my position (site supervisor) would have cost 1/2 my net salary
    5. Turnover extremely high due to the above reasons

Mar 20, 2014VP Administration

I love the people I work with!

Pros

Good people to work with and makes it a easy going day when working..

Cons

Dont get paid holidays and use out dated scanners that dont work half the time.

Dec 18, 2013VP Administration

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Please feel free to contact me at 404-582-8865 or lmitchum@istmanagement.com so that I can gain more information to help address your ... More

They must be kidding.

Pros

It appears they are desperate?

Cons

I cannot believe that over-privileged upper management has the audacity to flood glassdoor with patently disingenuous reviews. Their rating is a complete sham. Everyone please actually read the reviews as it is quite obvious what they are doing.

I will no longer be pursuing this position after seeing the conduct of upper management on this site. Unbelievable

Jan 24, 2014Director of Human Resources

This is J.R. Lafont, Director of Human Resources. I'm concerned about the negative view you have of our company. Would you be kind enough to call me at 404-582-8832 or email me at ... More

VERY POOR INCENTIVES, PAY, BENEFITS

Current Employee - Service Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

MEET NEW PEOPLE AND BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS

Cons

Ist has a lot of growth referring to the company itsself, the employees are not rewarded correctly and we make this company flourish, it is only the upper management and corporate people who get rewarded with raises, gifts, rewards, the service speacialist and on call stars are treated like servants and peasants, I do not think the ceo knows about a lot that goes on with his company, because he is a great ceo to his company but can only keep up with so much. A lot of the OMs make excuses for there poor efforts and work ethics, and leave managers to fall. This company would be better if it focused on rewarding their employees for the great jobs their doing instead of praising corporate members, sales people, upper management all the time. It makes lower level employees feel unappreciated and useless, only to hear a generic " good work " speech !

Jan 24, 2014Director of Human Resources

This is J.R. Lafont, Director of Human Resources. I'd like to discuss some of the points you have raised in your review. Please call me at 404-582-8832 or email me at jlafont@istmanagement.com ... More

Love the job, but the pay and benefits are very, very poor.

Current Employee - Site Manager
    Current Employee - Site Manager

Pros

I really enjoy managing my site.

Blackman Bucks auction is great for hourly employees.

Fun work environment.

My ops manager is awesome.

SOP bonuses are a great incentive.

Lots of good times over the years with various employees.

Cons

I feel I am grossly underpaid for the size of my site/staff and many additional responsibilites with our client contacts.

I make less $$ this year than last year based on the "annual bonus" structure.

Hourly pay is very low in a city with a very high cost of living.

Wish the benefits were better and a 401K match.

I always read about constant growth, so shouldn't employees see some of that in a paycheck? Motivation and incentive is non existent without rewarding people accordingly. I have lost some good employees because they couldn't pay their bills on our wages.

Dec 9, 2013Director of Human Resources

Please reach out to me at 404-582-8832 or jlafont@istmanagement.com. I'd like to discuss some of the points you have raised. Thanks!

A company focused on pleasant work atmosphere and service

Current Employee - IST Service Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IST Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I was immediately surprised at the level of interest corporate has with having a happy and productive work environment. Since IST is an outsourcing company the individual work environments can depend on the companies they are contracted with but IST makes an effort to create a happy spark within the IST Staff at each site. The success of this is in the hands of each associate. If you bring people down around you, you kill the spark, but if you use the tools IST recommends, you can be that spark. A pro for working at IST is your success is dependent on you, take responsibility for your own work experience because the training and tools are there.

Cons

I won't lie, the major con working against IST is the pay and benefits. I came from a company that was the leader of employee benefits, but had lost sight of employee work satisfaction. For me, those benefits ended up feeling like a pay-off for being miserable everyday I worked. Because of that, the loss of pay and benefits was well worth the change in atmosphere. This may not apply to everyone but sometimes, it's better to be broke and happy.

I'll admit I'm too new at IST to presume I could give advice. Instead I'll be honest to the reader. Yes, IST recommended reviewing them at glassdoor.com, but they never said it had to be a good one, I listed the pros and cons truthfully, that's why you came to glassdoor,com, to see truthful (hopefully unbiased) reviews. I am not seeking advancement or compensation from this review.

Sep 24, 2013VP Administration

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Your letting us know what is working and what isn't working will help us make better decisions as we grow the company.

Happy to be working and have a career path

Pros

IST is growing very fast. There a new job opportunities lined up every month. I like knowing that I have options when it comes to my career and the location.

Cons

Outsourcing in general can feel isolated at times but IST does a good job of bridging that gap with communcation from Management through technology.

Sep 24, 2013VP Administration

Thank you for your input! We appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts and to help IST build a stronger tomorrow for our associates!

Worked for IST Management? Contribute to the Community!