IST Management Reviews

It lacks.

Current Employee - Star in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Star in Chicago, IL

I have been working at IST Management

Pros

A job is a job. You meet people.

Cons

The other outsourcing companies pay their Floaters more. Floaters have to do more work with being at different sites.

Advice to Management

Stop interviewing and bringing people in who've applied for regular full time positions and only offering them the "part-time floater" position; that's because you are cheap and want to pay them less when they do the same or more work. This company should be bought out like Oce and Ikon so they can get some help - their regular full time employees aren't even offered medical insurance! They underbid and I believe that's the only reason they have the business they do.

Oct 21, 2014Director of Human Resources

This is J.R. Lafont, Director of Human Resources at IST Management Services. I would love to discuss the issues you have raised. Please call me at 404-582-8832 or email me at ... More

2. Absolutely Sickening!! Just Stop The Lies Please!!

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at IST Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Please Eliminate This Section: IST Please Understand that GOD is Real and what so ever a Man soweth That shall his Reap!! You cannot Slave People It's 2014 Not 1864.

Cons

Constantly Cutting Folks Salary! NO HR In NY! Salary is sad! Benefits? Your better off bringing alcohol and band aids because the Benefits will Make You Sick, Not Get You Healed. Pay the Managers Mangers Pay. It's not our fault that You under bid the competition. Pay us the Going Rate! Stop taking Sites Just too take Sites, get something that is Profitable for Your employees.

Advice to Management

Please stop thinking that You are fooling us because just because You pay us 2 dollars an hour doesn't mean that we are dumb. Hal STOP sending out cards about how much You and Your Family made and then give us a 3 cent raise. Again Check what Year that we are in! Don't Make us call Al Sharpton because that's what next!!

Oct 21, 2014Director of Human Resources

Hello. I'm J.R. Lafont, the Director of Human Resources for IST Management Services. I'm very concerned about the comments you have made and would like to discuss them with you. Please call me at ... More

IST is the worst company I have ever worked for in forty years and that is saying a lot!

Current Employee - Site Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Site Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at IST Management full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are no pros with this company. They take advantage of good hard working people!!! I have seen them lose some excellent workers for not paying them a decent wage. Shame on you!!!

Cons

There are enough cons to fill a book. Low pay, terrible benefits, no support from upper management. They expect you to be happy for the higher ups when they get a new site but the workers that make the company get nothing. On my eight year anniversary I got a five dollar gift card.

Advice to Management

Wise up!! You are on the course to going bankrupt!! How dare you treat people like lowly animals that you throw an occasional scrap to!! Quit lying to people and have some ethics!!!!

Nov 11, 2014Director of Human Resources

My name is J.R. Lafont and I am the Director of Human Resources for IST Management. I'd like to discuss the concerns you've raised and invite you to reach out to me by phone (404-582-8832) or email ... More

My client and manager experiences have been great but....THE PTO/PAY SUCKS!

I have been working at IST Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

No weekend work. Some small incentives. Good Training. I have a great OPS manager.

Cons

The pay is low and PTO policy is used for HOLIDAYS, vacation AND sick time. TERRIBLE!

Advice to Management

Maybe you all could keep employees and have less revolving STARS if we felt like you cared about us and our families. Small incentives are nice but after the honeymoon phase wears off, it is glaringly apparent that you don't care. If we have to use PTO for holidays, and there are more holidays in a year than hrs of PTO given.....how is that fair? Having a family makes it even harder to live on the wages provided. The commendation emails are great but emails only go so far....Blackman bucks auctions are cool but I think most people would rather see more on their paychecks..... GIVE BETTER BENEFITS!!!

Sep 9, 2014VP Administration

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your input and share your concerns. I would like to be able to send you a copy of our PTO training presentation so that you can better understand how ... More

6. Not a good company for career advancement.

Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at IST Management part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to learn different skills.

Cons

No room for advancement, if a company decides they like your work and wants to hire you IST will deny them and you that opportunity. IST DOES NOT SUPPORT THEIR EMPLOYEES ADVANCEMENT.

Advice to Management

More professionalism, consistency and less gossip and nepotism.

Sep 23, 2014VP Administration

I am interested in learning more about your situation. It is always IST's goal to promote from within whenever possible. I would like to address any potential issues that we may have for employees ... More

7. Dead End

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Frazer, PA
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Frazer, PA

I have been working at IST Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible time, Goog site manager, easy work.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about there emploee's as far as money. No real way to climb the ladder if your a good worker. Low pay for lower position.

Advice to Management

Don't allow an Opperations manager to absorb a regional manager job and then expect him be able to so both. Pay emploee's based on there actual job not the title you tack on top it. I am a hazardous material handeler for shipping but my title is service specialist which gets payed crap.

Aug 7, 2014VP Administration

I appreciate your taking the time to provide your input. If you would like to discuss your concerns with a member of HR, please contact me. I would like to help ensure a positive work environment ... More

Run the other way!

Current Employee - Service Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at IST Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nothing! Don't work for them.

Cons

Terrible Benefits!!!! Bad pay....... They took over a great company who managed us and we were left with these fools! IST is trash... I currently pay 119 a month for my medical for myself and my 2 children now they want me to pay over 900! I can't afford that! I used to get 33 days paid time off now I'm down to 20... I lost 13 days I lost all of my 8 years and I have to start from the beginning. I am jumping ship ASAP! 34K IS TRASH...

Jul 28, 2014VP Administration

I appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns. Our IST HR department is available to assist you in finding the right health insurance option for your family. Feel free to contact me and ... More

Overworked, Underpaid

I have been working at IST Management

Pros

None. Free food every now and then. If you work for a good client then you're lucky.

Cons

I don't understand who in the world is saying the pay is good. The pay is the absolute worst pay I've ever seen in my life. Site managers are making 50 cents more then the service specialist. People are over worked and under paid. You'd be better off working at McDonald's if you want decent wage. If you have the chance to get out, do so asap.

Advice to Management

Stop over paying people at the top, that way others in the company making lowsy wages can actually afford a decent living. Common sense.

Jul 28, 2014VP Administration

I appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to further discuss your concerns.
    Lori Mitchum
    VP Administration
    ... More

10. The experienced started out great but after a year of being with the company things changed.

I worked at IST Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great salary and fun environment

Cons

Not loyal and to many layers of management

Advice to Management

Grow up, take care of your staff and stop placing clients over staff at all cost.

Jun 13, 2014VP Administration

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I would like to get the opportunity to speak with you to get more detail on your experience so that we can help to make the company ... More

Gotta Be Something Better

Current Employee - IST Service Specialist in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - IST Service Specialist in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at IST Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The client we work for is amazing. I have dreamed IST will lose the contract and this client will take us all in. Many opportunities to learn new skills and to sharpen other ones.

Cons

The pay is awful, not even close to similar positions in this area, the benefits are too expensive and don't cover much. There is a lot of promotion going on for the robotic and OCD inclined. Very sexist in their hiring processes, only former beauty pagent contestants used in sales. And if they could sell that might be good but our area has seen no new sites for over 5 years.

Advice to Management

I would love to give some feedback that someone would seriously consider. The video's and SOP's on bullying, harrassment and discrimination talk a good talk, but it's just talk. Pay people decently, poll the other positions in the cities you are in and pay accordingly. The job market is improving, people will move on, and no one of any quality will want to work for what is being offered.

May 15, 2014VP Administration

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Getting input from employees on what we need to improve on helps us as we grow the company to make the best decisions for the success of ... More