IST Management

www.istmanagement.com
Employer Engaged

Not a good company for career advancement.

Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at IST Management part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to learn different skills.

Cons

No room for advancement, if a company decides they like your work and wants to hire you IST will deny them and you that opportunity. IST DOES NOT SUPPORT THEIR EMPLOYEES ADVANCEMENT.

More professionalism, consistency and less gossip and nepotism.

Sep 23, 2014VP Administration

I am interested in learning more about your situation. It is always IST's goal to promote from within whenever possible. I would like to address any potential issues that we may have for employees ... More

My client and manager experiences have been great but....THE PTO/PAY SUCKS!

I have been working at IST Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

No weekend work. Some small incentives. Good Training. I have a great OPS manager.

Cons

The pay is low and PTO policy is used for HOLIDAYS, vacation AND sick time. TERRIBLE!

Maybe you all could keep employees and have less revolving STARS if we felt like you cared about us and our families. Small incentives are nice but after the honeymoon phase wears off, it is glaringly apparent that you don't care. If we have to use PTO for holidays, and there are more holidays in a year than hrs of PTO given.....how is that fair? Having a family makes it even harder to live on the wages provided. The commendation emails are great but emails only go so far....Blackman bucks auctions are cool but I think most people would rather see more on their paychecks..... GIVE BETTER BENEFITS!!!

Sep 9, 2014VP Administration

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your input and share your concerns. I would like to be able to send you a copy of our PTO training presentation so that you can better understand how ... More

Dead End

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Frazer, PA
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Frazer, PA

I have been working at IST Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible time, Goog site manager, easy work.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about there emploee's as far as money. No real way to climb the ladder if your a good worker. Low pay for lower position.

Don't allow an Opperations manager to absorb a regional manager job and then expect him be able to so both. Pay emploee's based on there actual job not the title you tack on top it. I am a hazardous material handeler for shipping but my title is service specialist which gets payed crap.

Aug 7, 2014VP Administration

I appreciate your taking the time to provide your input. If you would like to discuss your concerns with a member of HR, please contact me. I would like to help ensure a positive work environment ... More

Run the other way!

Current Employee - Service Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at IST Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nothing! Don't work for them.

Cons

Terrible Benefits!!!! Bad pay....... They took over a great company who managed us and we were left with these fools! IST is trash... I currently pay 119 a month for my medical for myself and my 2 children now they want me to pay over 900! I can't afford that! I used to get 33 days paid time off now I'm down to 20... I lost 13 days I lost all of my 8 years and I have to start from the beginning. I am jumping ship ASAP! 34K IS TRASH...

Jul 28, 2014VP Administration

I appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns. Our IST HR department is available to assist you in finding the right health insurance option for your family. Feel free to contact me and ... More

Overworked, Underpaid

I have been working at IST Management

Pros

None. Free food every now and then. If you work for a good client then you're lucky.

Cons

I don't understand who in the world is saying the pay is good. The pay is the absolute worst pay I've ever seen in my life. Site managers are making 50 cents more then the service specialist. People are over worked and under paid. You'd be better off working at McDonald's if you want decent wage. If you have the chance to get out, do so asap.

Stop over paying people at the top, that way others in the company making lowsy wages can actually afford a decent living. Common sense.

Jul 28, 2014VP Administration

I appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to further discuss your concerns.
    Lori Mitchum
    VP Administration
    ... More

The experienced started out great but after a year of being with the company things changed.

I worked at IST Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great salary and fun environment

Cons

Not loyal and to many layers of management

Grow up, take care of your staff and stop placing clients over staff at all cost.

Jun 13, 2014VP Administration

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I would like to get the opportunity to speak with you to get more detail on your experience so that we can help to make the company ... More

Gotta Be Something Better

Current Employee - IST Service Specialist in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - IST Service Specialist in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at IST Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The client we work for is amazing. I have dreamed IST will lose the contract and this client will take us all in. Many opportunities to learn new skills and to sharpen other ones.

Cons

The pay is awful, not even close to similar positions in this area, the benefits are too expensive and don't cover much. There is a lot of promotion going on for the robotic and OCD inclined. Very sexist in their hiring processes, only former beauty pagent contestants used in sales. And if they could sell that might be good but our area has seen no new sites for over 5 years.

I would love to give some feedback that someone would seriously consider. The video's and SOP's on bullying, harrassment and discrimination talk a good talk, but it's just talk. Pay people decently, poll the other positions in the cities you are in and pay accordingly. The job market is improving, people will move on, and no one of any quality will want to work for what is being offered.

May 15, 2014VP Administration

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Getting input from employees on what we need to improve on helps us as we grow the company to make the best decisions for the success of ... More

Site Manager

Former Employee - Site Manager in Quincy, MA
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Quincy, MA

I worked at IST Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The leadership team is very accessible which is important when in Manaegment position. The pay is great

Cons

Not really much to say here.

Continue to grow and he successful!

May 15, 2014VP Administration

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Getting input from employees on what we are doing right helps us as we grow the company to make the best decisions for the success of ... More

Personally, I don't feel like the company is mindful of the people who really service the company...service specialists!

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at IST Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not having to work on Saturdays is all I can come up with!

Cons

I was lied on by a supervisor who caused an hostile work environment for me...I reported this, but nothing was done. I work very hard and I have been commended by the clients, but I receive very little pay for the time and effort demonstrated. There is very little recognition by this company for service specialists and very litle growth. There is no incentive for STARS and Service Specialists. I have been with the company for about two years and the STARS are only a few pennies short of what I make. Site Managers are placed into position because they have knowledge of the working procedures and policies, but I have found that they immensely lack skills on how to manage people. There is a huge difference between micro and macro- management! There seems to be very little co-hesiveness with middle management and the needs that arises and are brought to attention. I have never met Mr. Blackman, but my guess is, he has no idea of the things that go on sometimes!

Have some compassion on the little guys and listen attentively to their complaints...they are the ones who are truly in the trenches...they have some real constructive ideas!

Apr 8, 2014VP Administration

I would like to speak with you regarding your concerns, primarily regarding your work environment. Please contact me so I can learn more about your situation and address it appropriately - Lori ... More

Love my job, but.....

I have been working at IST Management full-time

Pros

One of the best work experiences I've ever had. I learn something new every day and the people I work with are wonderful. Managers are AWESOME! The experience I am getting here is completely different then a lot of people my age and I'm grateful to be learning so much.

Cons

Maybe it's because I have only been with the company for a short amount of time (just over six months) but I feel for the amount of work that myself and my coworkers do, we should be adequately paid. The pay for me is not so bad, I am able to just scrape by with what I make (I was making more at Wendy's doing half the workload I am doing now) but I would definitely need to find a new job unfortunately if this job was my only source of income and I was living on my own, as many of my coworkers do. As I said before I am very new to this company and I look forward to staying in this field until I am at least done with college, but the pay makes it very difficult to deal with a lot of the stuff that comes along with this job.

I think as far as training and experience goes, this company is excellent. I'm so happy to be learning all of the things that I am, and my managers and managers I have met from other sites are wonderful but the pay could stand to change for all employee's.

Mar 20, 2014VP Administration

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Getting input from current employees on what we are doing right and on what we need to improve on helps us as we grow the company to ... More