IT Alliance Reviews

3.5
Philip Maguire
1 Rating

1. Pay schedule

Former Employee - Roll Out Engineer in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Former Employee - Roll Out Engineer in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I worked at IT Alliance

Pros

Plenty of work at good rates. Will keep you on the books.

Cons

Terrible payment schedule. AFAIK the only contract which pays monthly. Even then its 6 weeks before your first payment. Every other firm pay weekly. Completely useless finance team. Queries ignored, almost impossible to get an idea of pay dates. Its not even payroll, its paying an invoice.

Advice to Management

Pay weekly, review finance staff performance and customer service skills

2. Great Place to work very friendly people excellent culture.

Former Employee - Tech Support in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at IT Alliance part-time (More than a year)

Pros

More than adequate compensation, focus on productivity rather than politics, ethical company and high management who is willing to take risks rather than bringing the company safely to the point of irrelevance.

Cons

Meetings start often late and are almost always out of the time, and do concentrate on chatting more than working on bullet points. The restructure is going on too long, the hope for changes is giving place to tiredness and fear of losing the job.

3. Great for a steady job that isn't too demanding or stressful, working with reasonable people, just don't stay too long.

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Sheffield, England (UK)

I have been working at IT Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I found more free time in my role than I would find in many other positions, I used this to invest in my own training. Social opportunities were good, teams tend to be young, (20's and 30's) and the company encourages social events, sometimes pays for these events. The role wasn't too demanding, and staff are not micro managed.

Cons

Very poor training or development opportunities, my experience of the ability to work on projects outside of my immediate role was poor, but others may have been more fortunate. Job roles tended to be very precise with little deviation resulting in bored unmotivated staff. Performance reviews, and so the opportunity to discuss pay, benefits or training were not commonplace. There was a tendency to become de-skilled as time progresses as your work with the technologies and processes will change little but the wider world may move on. This may be more indicative of the project rather than the company. No benefits such as pension/healthcare, etc, and only 20 days annual leave.

Advice to Management

Invest in people, offer training, development and secondment opportunities to other projects to diversify skill-set. Mandate performance reviews. The pay wasn't as high as many others pay in the same role/sector but I'd have stayed if more opportunities for progression were available.

RSS Feed </> Embed