IT Convergence

IT Convergence Reviews in Naperville, IL

IT Convergence CEO Patrick L Krause

Patrick L Krause

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The Managed Services team is a great opportunity to work with a variety of big clients without ever having to travel.

Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsIT Convergence is always on the leading edge of Oracle technology. As of February 2012, IT Convergence and GE are the only two companies in the world that have the beta code for Oracle EBS R12.2. Also, as an early adopter of Fusion Applications, I'm getting exposure to software that very few people know. It's great getting to work with peers from around the world including Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, China and India. It's a great team. They also invest a lot in infrastructure. One recent example is Netapp for storage.... the obvious best in class for Oracle environments. You can do very cool stuff like snap clones that save a ton of work.

ConsYou definitely have to be committed and serious about your career. The ones that don't realize this don't last long. While there's great opportunities to learn, there's no room for pretenders. We support clients production systems so can't make mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing!!! I'm looking forward to being a manager someday.

I was able to fast track my professional career and continue to have endless challenge

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsGrowth opportunities
    Ability to make a difference
    Flat structure and open communication channels
    Global footprint, opportunity to work with people from different cultures
    Fast growing business

ConsDifficult at times to manage the workload due to the complexities of inter-country and inter-culture operations, the variety of projects and endeavors running at the same time and unpredictable peaks of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales and utilization numbers are important but having the organizational structure to support it is just as crucial for success. Organizational design should be done pro actively and on an ongoing basis.

Beware Corporate Recruiters

Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsI would recommend IT Convergence to those who are new to the industry or unemployed. Great place if you are out of school and wanting to get a year under your belt for your resume. Also to anyone wanting to take on new skill sets as the environment is fast paced and dynamic. I would not recommend you leave a reasonable work place for a position at IT Convergence.

You will get the opportunity to gain new skill sets weather you want to or not.
    You will be asked to take on task outside of your area of expertise which is due to high employee turnover. I made the mistake of leaving a company where I was treated quite well but had little work-life-balance in pursuit of a better work-life-balance.

ConsAlthough led to believe I would have work-life-balance and management was flexible, I was immediately told my workday was a minimum of ten hours. HR is unresponsive to emails questioning what work hours are even though the job descriptions for the Naperville Illinois office clearly state Monday-Friday 8 Hours a day as the norm.

Then you will be asked to work Saturdays and Sundays with no mention of compensation even though it is supposedly available but must be approved by management who believes 80 hour weeks are the norm.

My whole newly hired team fell apart when most team members made full time jobs of "finding new jobs" after only a couple of weeks at the company. Two team members planned to resign in the same week out of spite after finding new jobs. Others continued to search for new jobs and since at least 5 have left. .

Four members of the same Technical team were planning to leave or looking for new jobs at the same time.

One teammate was let go for being vocal about extreme overtime abuses. He had already accepted a new position. All five of us from one team who were hired from May to Mid April have left IT Convergence as of Aug 12th.

One teammate was reprimanded for going to his child's graduation even though he made prior arrangements.

Some began taking Anxiety and stress medication just to cope with daily stress.

Get everything in writing during the recruiting process. They will try to pull the rug out from under discussed vacation plans or time off. Also take note of the "At Will Employment". It means exactly that. If you are not prepared to go with the plan, you will be "At Willed" out the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpin this anyway they like but the facts are here. Four from the same team planned to leave this company after only a few weeks of abuse. Your other reviews indicate this as well.

Until you make a drastic change, those who can leave always will as history has shown you.

You drastically need staff with broader industry knowledge. Remove them from the constant firefighting so they can bring standards and best practices to the organization. You are lacking in compliance and problem management knowledge needed to get you to the next level.

You have bottlenecks in your staff. Identify them. You hire new employees because of the Industry knowledge and skills that they bring to the table. You keep them because you utilize those skills and let them do the very thing you hire them for. Stop the revolving door

Just because someone does anything you ask them to do does not make them the model employee. It sometimes means they just have few other options.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Come and join us to make a difference in your professional career and positively impact our customers!

Manager (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsI was looking for challenging work when I was recruited by IT Convergence. I decided to take a leap of faith, and I have never looked back! In my tenure with the organization I have been promoted because of my hard work. It is easy to wake up and come into work every day!

ConsAgain, if you are not eager to jump in head first to make a real difference, and if you would prefer not getting your hands dirty with hard work, this company is not for you! The company makes hiring decisions based on a real need for the staff being recruited - and you can definitely make a positive impact on the entire organization. You must have the desire to work hard and to be passionate about your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would continue to encourage Senior Management to communicate on the focus of the organization, what we have done well and what we can improve upon so that we can continue to explode in growth and opportunity.

Worked for IT Convergence? Contribute to the Community!