IT Convergence

Updated October 24, 2014
3.4

IT Convergence CEO Patrick L Krause
Patrick L Krause

Pros
  • If your ideas are right usually the senior management hears out and support your initiatives (in 4 reviews)

• Also to anyone wanting to take on new skill sets as the environment is fast paced and dynamic (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Although led to believe I would have work-life-balance and management was flexible, I was immediately told my workday was a minimum of ten hours (in 3 reviews)

• It was an easily approachable and great management team (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

A very flexible and welcoming organization

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at IT Convergence full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Work environment and talent.

Cons

Work hours and pay structure(some positions)

Decisions should be taken pro-actively and effort to maintain the best talents should be pro-active.

Strategy of the company is not clear

I have been working at IT Convergence full-time

Pros

Fast growing company, very good recruiting team

Cons

Infrastructure, investment, team commitment, executive team understanding

I liked my role and responsiblity.

I have been working at IT Convergence full-time (less than an year)

Pros

flexiblity, opportunity to grow, good salary

Cons

unorganized, needs more structure and leadership.

should be more connected with team and provide directions.

IT Convergence brings out the beast in you

I worked at IT Convergence full-time

Pros

Please consider before applying into this company

Cons

The politics will force you to become a beast. The whole culture sucks!

They treat everyone with respect and as an individual.

I have been working at IT Convergence

Pros

Their are so many wonderful and talented people at IT Convergence. Even though we are located at different offices throughout the world; India, Argentina, China, Brazil, San Francisco, New York, Illinois, Wisconsin, we remain a strong team that works together.

Cons

Time difference when working with co-workers in India.

It's impressive how the executives get involved in the daily business with the employees, even the president Patrick Krause.

The Managed Services team is a great opportunity to work with a variety of big clients without ever having to travel.

Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Naperville, IL

I have been working at IT Convergence

Pros

IT Convergence is always on the leading edge of Oracle technology. As of February 2012, IT Convergence and GE are the only two companies in the world that have the beta code for Oracle EBS R12.2. Also, as an early adopter of Fusion Applications, I'm getting exposure to software that very few people know. It's great getting to work with peers from around the world including Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, China and India. It's a great team. They also invest a lot in infrastructure. One recent example is Netapp for storage.... the obvious best in class for Oracle environments. You can do very cool stuff like snap clones that save a ton of work.

Cons

You definitely have to be committed and serious about your career. The ones that don't realize this don't last long. While there's great opportunities to learn, there's no room for pretenders. We support clients production systems so can't make mistakes.

Keep growing!!! I'm looking forward to being a manager someday.

I was able to fast track my professional career and continue to have endless challenge

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at IT Convergence

Pros

Growth opportunities
    Ability to make a difference
    Flat structure and open communication channels
    Global footprint, opportunity to work with people from different cultures
    Fast growing business

Cons

Difficult at times to manage the workload due to the complexities of inter-country and inter-culture operations, the variety of projects and endeavors running at the same time and unpredictable peaks of work.

Sales and utilization numbers are important but having the organizational structure to support it is just as crucial for success. Organizational design should be done pro actively and on an ongoing basis.

Beware Corporate Recruiters

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Naperville, IL

I worked at IT Convergence

Pros

I would recommend IT Convergence to those who are new to the industry or unemployed. Great place if you are out of school and wanting to get a year under your belt for your resume. Also to anyone wanting to take on new skill sets as the environment is fast paced and dynamic. I would not recommend you leave a reasonable work place for a position at IT Convergence.

You will get the opportunity to gain new skill sets weather you want to or not.
    You will be asked to take on task outside of your area of expertise which is due to high employee turnover. I made the mistake of leaving a company where I was treated quite well but had little work-life-balance in pursuit of a better work-life-balance.

Cons

Although led to believe I would have work-life-balance and management was flexible, I was immediately told my workday was a minimum of ten hours. HR is unresponsive to emails questioning what work hours are even though the job descriptions for the Naperville Illinois office clearly state Monday-Friday 8 Hours a day as the norm.

Then you will be asked to work Saturdays and Sundays with no mention of compensation even though it is supposedly available but must be approved by management who believes 80 hour weeks are the norm.

My whole newly hired team fell apart when most team members made full time jobs of "finding new jobs" after only a couple of weeks at the company. Two team members planned to resign in the same week out of spite after finding new jobs. Others continued to search for new jobs and since at least 5 have left. .

Four members of the same Technical team were planning to leave or looking for new jobs at the same time.

One teammate was let go for being vocal about extreme overtime abuses. He had already accepted a new position. All five of us from one team who were hired from May to Mid April have left IT Convergence as of Aug 12th.

One teammate was reprimanded for going to his child's graduation even though he made prior arrangements.

Some began taking Anxiety and stress medication just to cope with daily stress.

Get everything in writing during the recruiting process. They will try to pull the rug out from under discussed vacation plans or time off. Also take note of the "At Will Employment". It means exactly that. If you are not prepared to go with the plan, you will be "At Willed" out the door.

Spin this anyway they like but the facts are here. Four from the same team planned to leave this company after only a few weeks of abuse. Your other reviews indicate this as well.

Until you make a drastic change, those who can leave always will as history has shown you.

You drastically need staff with broader industry knowledge. Remove them from the constant firefighting so they can bring standards and best practices to the organization. You are lacking in compliance and problem management knowledge needed to get you to the next level.

You have bottlenecks in your staff. Identify them. You hire new employees because of the Industry knowledge and skills that they bring to the table. You keep them because you utilize those skills and let them do the very thing you hire them for. Stop the revolving door

Just because someone does anything you ask them to do does not make them the model employee. It sometimes means they just have few other options.

Great opportunity to do everything 'Oracle'.

I have been working at IT Convergence

Pros

Great reasons to work at ITC include working in a challenging environment, working with great clients and colleagues, disciplined, professional approach to projects, plenty of opportunity for advancement and individual growth.

Cons

Communication from upper management has room for improvement, the bonus is no longer paid quarterly, and the benefits can be better.

Pay the quarterly bonus within 30 days after the quarter ends, improve communication to employees and improve benefits by adding a 401k match.

Worst place I have ever worked.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at IT Convergence

Pros

Exposure to lots of different technologies.

Cons

80+ hours a week at low pay, never any compensation for extra effort.
    Management is unwilling or unable to treat employees as humans.
    Bring you in and burn you out mentality. The common phrase you hear is, never here for more than a year.
    Bonus promised time and time again, but never delivered. Randomly reduced based on made up mandates.
    Customer to SysAdmin ratio is like 20:1. It's never going to work well.

Easy, listen to your employees. Get rid of management that does not care and cannot keep people on board. Hire enough IT staff to do the work, pay them well, and treat them as if you cared just a little about their well being.