ITA Audio Visual Solutions

Add Photos

Mark Greene

Stable and dynamic workplace

Sales (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe company has good employees with relatively little turnover. They offer profit sharing and good benefits and the clientele, particularly in the hotel services division, are best-in-class. Employees take pride in their performance and it is reflected in long time clients and a reputation for being tough but solid. They are solely owned and have no outside investors or debt and are therefore a stable and highly reliable employer.

ConsTraining could be improved on the technical side as well as the to augment personal development.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for more individual creative autonomy and decision making authority at the point of contact with customers.

Jul 9, 2014

We try. :-) Thanks

Good Company To Work For.

ProsITA is a Family owned company. You deal directly with the owners, not tons of corporate levels. Very customer focused. Uo tp date equipment.

ConsHours can be stressfull. Both lack of or so many you can't keep up. A little below national average in pay. You can't have a part time job doing these positions being on call 24/7. Plus you never know when a group will not end on time or add equipment and you have to redo your schedule on the fly.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees. These people work hard to make your comany the best it can be. I think for a small company we deliver an amazing product.

A good company that I want to fall in love with.

DAVS (Current Employee)

ProsThe benefits package is good. Decent insurance and a good 401K. A decent amount of PTO.

Having only worked on the hotel side of things, I can say that working in a field site gives you some independence and flexibility, in both how to do your job and with your hours. Support from corporate has always been good. They will do what they can to help you. Support from my regional manager and from other employees within my region is outstanding.

ConsThe biggest issue for me comes from working on the hotel side. You're treated as a red-headed step child by the hotel. You're expected to follow all of ITA's rules and the hotel's rules. You'll be treated like a member of the family by the hotel, right up until they either desperately need something for free or need a scapegoat. Oh, and if they don't think you're a good fit for the hotel anymore, or if the hotel GM just decides he just doesn't like you, then you're out.

Be prepared to work more than you expected to during the busy seasons. Events can change or even just pop up at the last moment.

Career advancement: If you work at a field site and you don't desire to move to Cincinnati, then your only chances at advancement comes from one of the regional managers leaving the company.

Incentives to excel: There is only one. Beat your revenue goals for the year and get an extra 1% wage increase at your yearly review. Other than that, there is nothing. Come in at #1 for customer service out of 350 hotels in your brand and you might get an email saying good job. Steal a $15,000 event from a competitor at the last moment and you might get an email. Consistently meet your labor to revenue goals and your only reward is being allowed to ignore the angry emails sent out each week.

You'll almost never see a tip. Even if you're absolutely the only thing the client enjoyed, their tips are handled through the hotel's bill. Which goes to banquet employees.

The only true reason to excel at ITA is because you take pride in what you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us a reason to love our jobs and the company. I truly want to love working for ITA. If you want ITA to be a success, you need to make it so that your employees want that as well. Figure out some kind of inexpensive but rewarding bonus program. I'm not asking for a commission, just something that tells me you really really appreciate me. Gift cards to stores or restaurants always work. How about letting the regional managers take us out to dinner once a quarter?

The absolutely worst problem ITA has is it's morale. Please, PLEASE. Find some way to fix it. Make us love this company.

Jul 9, 2014

Ironically our Directors started off salary + commission. It worked GREAT until we were audited by the DOL (Department of Labor). Sadly their position was it's against the law for a DAVS to be ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Flexible company with growing ideas

DAVS (Current Employee)

ProsITA is a great work environment. I love having the flexibility to make my own schedule and not be micromanaged. I also love that I am the one responsible for the success/failure of all the clients that walk through the hotel doors. It keeps my on my toes and always moving.

ConsTwo things that come to mind.. the compensation seems to be less than other companies around plus we don't make commission. There is no incentive in place (other than a 1% raise each year, or around $300) to upsell a piece of equipment or have a client rent some add-ons. The other one is of no fault of ITA, it's just the nature of the business. There are sometimes pop up meetings or hotel sales managers that aren't very good at their jobs and force us to come in on an off day at zero notice or stay 5-6 hours late.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy regional manager is outstanding and gets the job done whenever it needs to be. He is there to help when I need him and let's me manager my property and doesn't micro manage. He is great. My only bit of advice or question would be to do something about the compensation. We are always very highly ranked in client satisfaction and different-commission based incentives would be a more preferably way make more money as opposed to a $300 yearly raise.

Great place to work, but limited job growth available.

Director of Audio Visual Services (Former Employee)

Pros-Flexible schedule at certain locations
    -Good experience
    -Great for entry level work
    -Freedom within your location to manage
    -Get to work with some great clients

Cons-Pay is OK
    -Always on call
    -Hotel staff can sometimes have unrealistic expectations of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a good job. Not much to be done about limited job growth opportunities in this field of business.

Great place to work.

Director of Audio Visual Services (Current Employee) Carmel, IN

ProsHave the opportunity to work with top of the line equipment and great people.

ConsDepending on the season work can be really busy or slow. Christmas time is usually very slow and just after the new year is very busy. It can vary depending on your location.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Aug 29, 2013

Thanks! We try. :-)

They are a good small company, but they cannot offer much due to their size.

Director of Audio Visual Services (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsI enjoy the freedom that I have to make decisions. I enjoy the trust that is given to me to perform my job.

ConsThere is no room to advance in the company and I have not been given a raise or even evaluated since I have been here. They are a little behind the times, as far as how the rest of the audio visual companies work. There is no incentive for me to excell.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more sales opportunities with the incentive of comission to make those sales even greater. Acknowledge hard work with compensation and not a quick email.

Worked for ITA Audio Visual Solutions? Contribute to the Community!