ITAGroup Reviews

Reset
3.5
Tom Mahoney

1. Couldn't be happier

I have been working at ITAGroup full-time

Pros

Incredible people who really are passionate about what they do. Employees here really do enjoy what they do which is unlike any place I have ever worked. ITA Group is a very solid company with incredibly high ethics and values which is often hard to find in the business world. The management of ITA is just so impressive with how they run the company. The biggest negative people have mentioned on here is the dress code. It actually isn't strict at all. It is business casual and you can wear jeans on Fridays. Plus they have casual day stickers so people are always in jeans. It confuses me that people say it is super strict because it is more relaxed than many places I have worked. Other little things: the offices are really cool, incredible perks like office parties and events, it's employee owned so everyone gets a great stock plan, flexible work hours including work from home, and spirit hours to do community service. The clients are also great to work with because they live working with ITA and trust is as a partner. I really can't say enough good things about ITA Group. I love it here and hope to be here for a long time!

Cons

Insurance is a little high but not too bad. No gym reimbursement. Only 7 holidays per year and Black Friday isn't one. Hard to come up with many things though...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing because it is working. Perhaps add in a bit more vacation/holidays and I couldn't see a better company to work for!!

Positive experience with a few downers...

Pros

The annual corporate meeting really pumps employees up to shoot for the moon. The company ESOP is the best incentive, outside of possible travel benefits, depending on position. The overall mood of the company is positive and upbeat. I do feel like they really try to keep a cohesive employee environment and keep employees happy. I always got along with my coworkers and managers. The people you are directly with become family, which is nice. You don't really get that from senior management unless you're 'somebody'. :)

Cons

I worked here for over 7 years and was very happy most of the time. Toward the end I was getting a little fed up with some of the corporate b.s. that I'm sure you find in most any job. There is a big difference in departments- favoritism, different treatment, etc. It sucks when you work your nose off with consistent high levels of satisfaction from your clients and then you get sat down to discuss the type of shoes you're wearing or the fact you came back from lunch a minute late. I understand these policies are important to any company but when other departments aren't being held to the same standard, it really hurts your morale as an employee. There also isn't a lot of room for growth, unless you want to your supervisors job (which you probably won't) - not a lot of lateral movement, politics get in the way and you often find that if you are really good at your current job, they won't WANT you to move! Weird how it never works out, and then they hire a person who hasn't even been in their current position for a whole year (which is supposed to be policy).

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, better yet - TALK to your employees. Managers should work on developing managerial skills. Don't email our employee that sits on the other side of the cube wall. More personal development should be required if you're going to manage others. Relax on the dress code, keep all employees held to the same standard. Give every department the same level of respect. Take "group operations" off the pedestal!

3. Technology Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at ITAGroup full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fast paced and challenging

Cons

Red tape for its size

Advice to Management

None

Graphic Designer

I worked at ITAGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ITA Group consists of some of the best people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. While working there I noticed a great team atmosphere that was backed by solid company ethics and morals. I really enjoyed working on various projects that would help create an experience for participants around the world, to have that reach from a single location is very fulfilling.

Cons

A company that was founded decades ago, at times they are slow to the party, very conservative, and a bit outdated. In the last year I was with the company I witnessed first-hand the growing pains because of this, but in the end the company positioned themselves in a much healthier way that would allow them to innovate and act as an industry leader moving forward.

6. Good place to work. Fun.

Pros

People are cool to work with

Cons

Other People aren't cool to work with

Advice to Management

Hire outside COO

7. Decent, but need to move on with times.

Former Employee - Software Developer in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Des Moines, IA

I worked at ITAGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Friendly co-workers - Allow you to work from "home" at times

Cons

- No work at times - Extremely stiff dressing code. Are we in the 20th century?

Advice to Management

- Losen up. Younger employees will skip out because of the dress code.

They are not "for" the employee

Former Employee - Customer Service in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at ITAGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not much good I have to say about this company at all. It was Employee stock owned, in a good location, and close to my home, that's about it.

Cons

They try to promote the company as an all around wholesome company, who values employees, however this is NOT the case. They have their employees brain washed into thinking that ITA is SUCH great place to work for. Their Insurance is very high priced and they adhere to a very strict dress code, not only that but the pay was terrible! It's not enough money for what you have to put up with there. Also Their seating arrangement was terrible, it was an open room atmosphere for Customer Service, no walls so it was very hard to hear while taking a phone call. This isn't the only issue, they do play the favoritism card. I would NEVER go back to that place, They just lost two clients, so they had to lay off several employees. The management there are horrible! They don't care about their employees, it's not genuine. That's all I've got to say.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect, LISTEN to them if they are having any issues or are un-happy, just don't fire them because you don't want to have to deal with them!!

Finally! A company that truly values talent.

Current Employee - Strategic Client Services in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Strategic Client Services in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at ITAGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a talented professional looking for valuable recognition and reward for your hard work and expertise, ITA certainly delivers. The work/life balance is excellent and the culture friendly and supportive. The people are great...some of the best I've ever worked with.

Cons

No company is perfect, but for me ITA is a good fit. They are a conservative company and therefore very professional in their presentation; but then again what professional services firm worth their weight doesn't take a formal business approach? This may be too conservative for some, but for most professionals, it's just good business.

Advice to Management

Continue to strategically vet for the best talent. Those with a strong work ethic looking for positive recognition and reward from a financially solid company will quickly see the value of the company.

Employee friendly company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at ITAGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee owned company offers great benefits on top of employee stocked, which was a huge plus. They are trying to improve their employee recognition programs which helps improve the office environment and work ethic. Promotion from within happened frequently.

Cons

Management didn't always seemed qualified for their positions and responsibilities. There was also a bit of in office drama and favoritism seemed to take place in multiple departments and it became quite evident.

Advice to Management

better training for specific positions, specifically for management.

11. Lots of very passionate people.

Former Employee - Developer in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Developer in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at ITAGroup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall: Being an employee owned company, ITAGroup has a lot of awesome employees that want to do great things for the greater good of the company. There is a lot of ITA pride which is very infectious and empowering. Departmental view: Being on the Technology team, the company was practicing an agile development methodology with what I perceived to be a very successful implementation. The teams are truly self managed, the process is very nimble to adapt to change and manage chaos just as agile should be. Environment: ITA has new and beautiful offices.

Cons

The silos between departments were very challenging when I was there. Every department seemed to have the next best idea to move the company forward but since we weren't all working in concert with one another it created a lot of issues, tension and unhealthy competition between departments.

Advice to Management

Remove the departmental revenue streams and somehow unite the company as one powerful cohesive team.

RSS Feed </> Embed