ITN Networks

2.3

Timothy J Connors Jr

Great Place to Start

I have been working at ITN Networks

Pros

Great Place to start, promote from with-in, fun environment

Cons

Not much room for growth

None- Its a great place to work if you are dedicated

Good for a first job

Former Employee - Junior Media Buyer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Junior Media Buyer in New York, NY

I worked at ITN Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

love the people- great work life balance. Awesome co-workers. Management encourages growth and development opportunities.

Cons

very much like a sorority-- lots of gossiping. Not much room to move around.

2 years and will continue

Current Employee - Junior Media Buyer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Junior Media Buyer in New York, NY

I have been working at ITN Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I think a lot of people are too harsh on ITN because they have never worked anywhere else. Why don't you stop thinking the grass is greener on the other side and appreciate what has been given to you. Most companies , I would say majority do not get out at 5pm, do not have as many vacations, holidays, summer Fridays (out at 3) and extra summer Fridays to fully take off. We are also extremely compensated during the holiday season. I can confidently say this because I have had other work experience and it was extreme hell.

Since I have been here the amount of improvement that has been made and is in the process of getting done is going to benefit everyone. The training program, the systems we use are all being focused on.

The environment here is young and everyone is pretty relatable. It's kind of homey in a way, I am very comfortable here because it's not a hostile work environment. You're an adult with a full time job , no one should be making you stay because they think you should. You should stay on your own accord and that is what the vibe is here.

Cons

My only con would be the gossip. I think there is a little too much drama and needs to be less of a click environment.

frequent the raises and hire more employees. buying and planning dept are too small.

It was a good starting point

Current Employee - Junior Buyer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Junior Buyer in New York, NY

I have been working at ITN Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are what kept me there for 4 years. The Buying and Planning departments are full of young energetic 20-30 year olds who are down to earth. I will also say that the company is good for the just out of college type to get your feet wet in the working world. Their health insurance was pretty good for what it was (not including dental and vision). Their 401k match is also nice. They have made great improvements on training for both assistants and buyers alike, which is something that was lacking, but they are trying.

Cons

Management doesn't understand how much work everyone puts in on a day to day basis. They don't think you're functioning at your full capacity unless both buyer and assistant are there late day in and day out. In the mean time management comes and goes as they please often taking long lunches, and arbitrary days off, spreading the departments even thinner. Employees are burned out because of this. The turnover among assistants is high and because of that Buyers are forced to spend much of their time doing the assistant job and they are not compensated for this work. If the company could hold on to good employees who knew what they were doing, it would be a much better place. There really isn't much room for growth and what little there is, is not compensated accordingly. Promotions are few and far between and many times a success is often unrecognized by the rest of the department and tends to be met with jealousy when it is recognized. They haven't found a balance that makes people want to get ahead at the company and because of this many people are stagnant in their positions and/or leaving.

Stop spreading your employees so thin. Its impossible to function at 100% everyday. People are overworked and underpaid.

Don't do it to yourself.. trust me.

Former Employee - Junior Media Buyer
    Former Employee - Junior Media Buyer

I worked at ITN Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a pretty young company filled with 20-30 something's that like to go to happy hour. You get overtime as an assistant. You get dinner if you work past 7:30.

Cons

I'm not sure where to start.
    -Management: a group of women who still think they are in high school. They do not appreciate any hard work or extra hours you put in. They gossip like 13 year old girls and most of them won't even acknowledge you exist until you are on a buying level. They spend most of their days watching tv on their computers or bashing their own employees. If you are not in with one of them do not expect to move up quickly.
    -Salary: I hope you have some other source of support. You will start out with an extremely low salary and get pennies for a raise each year. Majority of people I knew that had apartments in the city had parents that were helping them pay their rent or some other form of help.
    -Work load: they do not care how overworked you are. AT ALL. The amount of adults I saw cry in this place was disgraceful. They shouldn't get to breaking point over a job that barely pays them. A group of buyers treat their assistants like personal assistants (one even had a girl picking up her personal packages, no joke). Once you're on buying level you no longer get overtime and it's not rare to work past 9pm.
    -Resume Builder: they use their own systems that no other companies use so you can't even take the knowledge you learned to your next job. You can learn what CPMs are though! (or have the bum on the street teach you and get a real job)
    -Qualifiications: none. No really, you don't even need a college degree. So for you people that worked hard and earned your degree, find a job you deserve.

Treat people like humans. Without your "low-level" employees that you breeze by every day you wouldn't be able to sit on the phone all day talking about the color of your child's poop.

Unless you are a girl and a sorority type- stay away!

Current Employee - Media Buyers Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Media Buyers Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at ITN Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

easy work, a lot of learning

Cons

good luck making friends or enjoying 9-5 unless you are part of the "it" crowd.

stop acting like are you in HS

Get another job. No really. Get another job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ITN Networks

Pros

The people are great. People are in their early 20s and we all get along great. It was probably the only thing that kept people working there.

Cons

They hire pretty much anyone and you're out of luck if they don't like you or if you're not on their automatic list of favorites...because that's what they base promotions on. What happened to seniority and merit? You won't find it here. Forget it if you're a guy either. You'll stay at the bottom forever.

It'll feel like you're running around in circles at this place. You do the same thing everyday and won't learn much about real media planning or buying. It's a good stepping stone however.

Do better.

Be careful before accepting an offer at ITN Networks.

Former Employee - Buyer Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Buyer Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at ITN Networks

Pros

It's a stepping stone to better opportunities.

Cons

It's like high school, but everybody is older.

Provide better training.

Stay Away

I have been working at ITN Networks full-time

Pros

They'll hire anyone so if you need a job fast apply. You don't even need to have a communications degree. Actually they hire people who haven't gone to college so long as they are related to upper management.

Cons

It's an old boys club - either they like you or they don't. If you're into partying and happy hours you'll fit right in. They'll fire you if you have a family to support.

Upper management is the problem. They only care about making millions none of which the regular employees will ever see.

Good benefits but horrible base and management

Former Employee - Sales, Buying, Planning Assistant
    Former Employee - Sales, Buying, Planning Assistant

I worked at ITN Networks

Pros

Good benefits- vacation/sick days, medical..

Cons

if you want to expand your knowledge in media buying or planning this is the wrong place to be. Good co-workers but bad management.

learn to appreciate and listen to your employees