ITOCHU International

Updated Jun 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Yoshihisa Q. Suzuki

A great company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsITOCHU International has a positive and supportive environment. Great ideas are taken seriously and implemented. Employees are always engaged with exciting outings, parties, company events, and amazing speakers.

ConsCompany current does not encourage working from home or flex time, which would be a great plus to working parents.

Could be so much better

Analyst Level (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsMany hardworking colleagues, it can be a challenging environment, but many are able to run with it and get the best of their experience.

ConsCareer development is slow and the division between Japanese and American employees creates tension. The division exists because of perks for one group over the other.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to create a fair environment for all employees. Sitting at a desk for longer hours means nothing in terms of commitment to the company...anyone can do this.

Wouldn't work under an Itochu company again

ProsI would say the best thing about this this company is that it was not completely owned by Itochu. So the other were were great to work with and actually made my time there very enjoyable.

ConsWhen Itochu took over 100% of the company, it went downhill very quickly. Over 12 people left the company in 5 months. That should speak volumes of what to expect.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage and not just sit around.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Assistant

Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat hours and wonderful group of people to work with!

ConsDefinate Glass Ceiling for non-Japanse employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease Employee Benefits to attract high level talent.

A learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOffice environment is nice (brand new renovation)
    Diversity of subsidiaries allows you to learn a lot
    Bonuses are almost guaranteed

ConsBenefits are horrible especially for women
    Cultural differences make work environment difficult
    Face time and long hours are a must to get promoted regardless of how smart an effective you are
    Job security

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to be run like an American company since the comp and subs are all in America

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFriendly work environment. Everyone is really nice and helpful. There is definitely room for advancement, which is exactly what an employee expects in a company

ConsEmployees are expected to work an insane number of hours. It's difficult for employees with families. Also, the company needs better benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should consider improving employee benefits, offer a more flexible work environment and it wouldn't hurt to increase employee's pay.

room for improvement

Prosfriendly co-workers who are getting by just like everyone else

Conslow-to-mediocre benefits for a company of this size, office is nice but sterile, not very family friendly with long and rigid hours, low pay considering the long hours even with the bonus

Advice to Senior Managementsenior management is held by people from Japan following orders from Japan--there's no room for creative thinking nor change for the better for the employees

Overall a good position

Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe company provides Fair compensation; gives good feedback on work; provides good variety of work; and is easy to have a good working relationship with colleagues

ConsI am currently in a part time position for 6 months. More job security would be preferable. Can't think of other downsides.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel like the leadership is doing a great job. The company runs very smoothly and most people seem to be happy to work here.

Worked for ITOCHU International? Contribute to the Community!