ITS (Maryland) Reviews

Respect & Caring = Loyalty & Satisfaction

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was a bit shy and nervous when I came on board over 6 years ago. It did not take long for me to realize that my efforts would be rewarded with respect and a real sense of commitment to my success. The management truly cares about every employee's success, both professionally and financially. You are only limited by your own level of effort and ability to reach for your goals. Management truly believes that success for their employees means success and satisfaction for the company as a whole. Your opinion will be heard and many times acted upon. No idea is too far fetched or ridiculed. Your particular idea may not always be the one acted upon but at least you will know it has been heard and considered.

Even though ITS has grown tremendously since I started they continue to provide a small company, even family, feel to company operations. I actually enjoy coming to work each day and interacting with my co-workers, no more head down buried in work on a one person island like previous jobs.

Cons

Since the company does have a more small company feel to it you may find the benefit package less than others are offering. But I truly feel the benefits of an enjoyable, rewarding, and satisfying job, where I make a difference every day far outweigh any cons.

Keep on caring and respecting your employees and they will help you reach the level of success you are hoping to achieve.

So far as working in cube culture, it's better than average.

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time

Pros

Salary is competitive, the building is cool (historic building), management is good. They support and will reimburse continuing education, they allow dogs that are well behaved in the office. Good places for lunch nearby.

Cons

Sometimes the building doesn't heat/cool well, it is a cube work environment, benefits package is sub par.

A great company that lives it's values.

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

ITS offers a multitude of positions for technically minded individuals. The staff is all friendly and sociable while offering a challenging work environment. The company has grown in the 5 years I've worked here, at least doubling in size, but still maintains a smaller company feel. The senior management are all accessible and encourage employee participation in the future of the company.

Cons

As a smaller company, the benefits packages and insurance may not be as competitive as you would find with a larger company. That being said, there are still several choices of plans. The amount of vacation time may not be as much as other similar companies, but the management is good at working with employees schedules on a case by case basis.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

GREAT Company!

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time for more than a year

Pros

ITS is a fantastic place to work! From top down, everyone truly cares about each individual employee. It's an encouraging and supportive work environment with bright people who truly enjoy their work and coworkers. There is a real focus on work-life balance. Management treats employees as they would want to be treated themselves.

They love working with employees to make sure everyone is happy and fulfilled with his or her work.

I have a learned a tremendous amount, here at ITS. Overall, I feel privileged and happy to have the opportunity to work here!

Cons

No real cons...As I said, it's a great company!

Great Place

Current Employee - Program Management  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Program Management in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work/life balance with flexible scheduling and fair compensation. They are hands off and let me manage my accounts but provide advice and guidance when I need it. The people here are very agile, have a can-do attitude and try hard to be supportive. I love the impromptu problem solving that goes on around here. I also enjoy working with bright people who seem willing to share their knowledge and help me learn. If you are motivated, engaged and like challenges, you will love this place.

Cons

There are only two con's I can think of:
    1) ITS does not follow any of the federal holidays between New Years and Memorial Day.
    2) There is a lot of electronic documentation located in many different repositories, some which are not easily searchable. Makes it difficult to get your bearings sometimes.

Solid Company to work for

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The owners genuinely care about their employees.
    Regular raises & room for advancement.
    In-house SQL & HTML classes.
    Tuition assistance.
    Lots of free perks & parties- Cake Day & Company lunch every month, Costume contest at Halloween, Orioles games, summer picnics, Holiday Party.

Cons

You'll gain weight from all the free food!
    The building facilities could be improved (the restrooms are awful, there's not enough parking & parking lots are not well marked, ice & snow removal in winter aren't adequate).
    Communication could be improved.

Update the website! It makes us look like we're no longer in business!

Amazing company to work for, my career place for life

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

ITS is the best company i've ever worked for. Everyone is friendly, courteous and pulls their weight. It's also a very fast growing company with much room for advancement. Senior management listens to and encourages employee opinions and ideas. The casual work environment brings in a level of comfort where you can speak up and be heard. The company is filled with amazing people, for example our HR/office admin will go completely out of her way to make sure that everyone is happy, comfortable and has what they need. She really gets the gold star! The company really understand the need for employees to have a life outside of work and are encouraged to do so.

A few quick bullets:

Awesome historic building
    Free parking
    great neighborhood with eclectic food and shops
    Easy access to downtown and neighboring counties
    Monthly Cake Day for birthdays
    Monthly company lunches
    Cellphone/tablet reimbursement
    Ample vacation/sick time
    Great benefits
    Company hosted picnic
    Company hosted O's games

Cons

There are no cons that i can think of. I love waking up in the morning and coming here and working with all these wonderful people.

Keep on keeping on

I don't dread Mondays

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

ITS seems to operate on the idea that employee success equals company success. Flex hours, promoting from within, great benefits and allowing people to challenge themselves makes for a great environment. Occasional telecommuting is permitted and I'm not denied any tools (hardware, software) required to perform at a high level. ITS also assists employees in furthering their education if it'll benefit the company. Everyone seems happy to be here which makes for a friendly & fun office too.

Cons

Not many IMO, mostly minor office building issues...sometimes the office is too cold or hot. We may be outgrowing the available parking spaces.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ITS is a great place to work and it's clear that the management team really cares about their customers and employees. It's a very collaborative environment with bright people who truly enjoy their teammates and their work. Benefits improve each year. There is a real commitment to work-life balance. We also are doing a lot of innovative things from a technology perspective.

For the other comments on here about the building, the building has new owners and they are making a ton of improvements to the infrastructure (totally renovated bathrooms and common areas, new outside lighting, upgraded security systems, new windows, upgrades/maintenance to the heat and air, etc.) It's a really cool old mill building with a lot of character and parking is free!

Cons

No real "cons". The only thing that remains a negative is the amount of paid leave time (it's not enough).

ITS is a great company to work for!

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learn new technologies
    Have a home/family life
    Be respected
    Work hard
    Get paid well w/great benefits
    Have fun

Cons

Monthly cake day
    Monthly company lunch
    Lunch-and-learn
    Company-sponsored:
       Orioles game
       Mobile device fund
       Certifications/training

We need a company-sponsored Ravens game

Worked for ITS (Maryland)? Contribute to the Community!