ITS (Maryland) Reviews

1. Company cares about the team and customers

Current Employee - Administration in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Administration in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Focus on work/life balance
    - Shares monthly company details
    - Creates a family type environment
    - Gives opportunities to grow in all areas
    - Open door policy

Cons

Building is okay but new property team is updating. Benefits are competitive but some medical coverage is not great. It is a stretch to come up with something negative about the company because this is the best place I have ever worked.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

2. Great work environment

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Extremely inexpensive health insurance.
    - Dog friendly work environment.
    - Education reimbursement
    - Laid back atmosphere
    - Strong leadership
    - Cross-department focus on quality
    - Working with the newest technologies
    - Work/life balance focus
    - Company Os game outing

Cons

None cons come to mind.

3. Very Rewarding Workplace

Current Employee - Product Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work-life balance is very important to the owners. You are able to meet with the owners and executive team to share ideas and visions which makes you feel as though you matter. The work is challenging and fun which keeps everyday interesting.

Cons

Benefits could be better but they are still very competitive.

5. So far as working in cube culture, it's better than average.

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time

Pros

Salary is competitive, the building is cool (historic building), management is good. They support and will reimburse continuing education, they allow dogs that are well behaved in the office. Good places for lunch nearby.

Cons

Sometimes the building doesn't heat/cool well, it is a cube work environment, benefits package is sub par.

ITS (Maryland) Response

Nov 17, 2014VP, Client Services

Regarding the benefits package ITS offers a full benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, and company paid life insurance ... More

6. Respect & Caring = Loyalty & Satisfaction

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was a bit shy and nervous when I came on board over 6 years ago. It did not take long for me to realize that my efforts would be rewarded with respect and a real sense of commitment to my success. The management truly cares about every employee's success, both professionally and financially. You are only limited by your own level of effort and ability to reach for your goals. Management truly believes that success for their employees means success and satisfaction for the company as a whole. Your opinion will be heard and many times acted upon. No idea is too far fetched or ridiculed. Your particular idea may not always be the one acted upon but at least you will know it has been heard and considered.

Even though ITS has grown tremendously since I started they continue to provide a small company, even family, feel to company operations. I actually enjoy coming to work each day and interacting with my co-workers, no more head down buried in work on a one person island like previous jobs.

Cons

Since the company does have a more small company feel to it you may find the benefit package less than others are offering. But I truly feel the benefits of an enjoyable, rewarding, and satisfying job, where I make a difference every day far outweigh any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep on caring and respecting your employees and they will help you reach the level of success you are hoping to achieve.

7. A great company that lives it's values.

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ITS offers a multitude of positions for technically minded individuals. The staff is all friendly and sociable while offering a challenging work environment. The company has grown in the 5 years I've worked here, at least doubling in size, but still maintains a smaller company feel. The senior management are all accessible and encourage employee participation in the future of the company.

Cons

As a smaller company, the benefits packages and insurance may not be as competitive as you would find with a larger company. That being said, there are still several choices of plans. The amount of vacation time may not be as much as other similar companies, but the management is good at working with employees schedules on a case by case basis.

8. I don't dread Mondays

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ITS seems to operate on the idea that employee success equals company success. Flex hours, promoting from within, great benefits and allowing people to challenge themselves makes for a great environment. Occasional telecommuting is permitted and I'm not denied any tools (hardware, software) required to perform at a high level. ITS also assists employees in furthering their education if it'll benefit the company. Everyone seems happy to be here which makes for a friendly & fun office too.

Cons

Not many IMO, mostly minor office building issues...sometimes the office is too cold or hot. We may be outgrowing the available parking spaces.

9. Great Place

Current Employee - Program Management in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Program Management in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work/life balance with flexible scheduling and fair compensation. They are hands off and let me manage my accounts but provide advice and guidance when I need it. The people here are very agile, have a can-do attitude and try hard to be supportive. I love the impromptu problem solving that goes on around here. I also enjoy working with bright people who seem willing to share their knowledge and help me learn. If you are motivated, engaged and like challenges, you will love this place.

Cons

There are only two con's I can think of:
    1) ITS does not follow any of the federal holidays between New Years and Memorial Day.
    2) There is a lot of electronic documentation located in many different repositories, some which are not easily searchable. Makes it difficult to get your bearings sometimes.

10. Solid Company to work for

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The owners genuinely care about their employees.
    Regular raises & room for advancement.
    In-house SQL & HTML classes.
    Tuition assistance.
    Lots of free perks & parties- Cake Day & Company lunch every month, Costume contest at Halloween, Orioles games, summer picnics, Holiday Party.

Cons

You'll gain weight from all the free food!
    The building facilities could be improved (the restrooms are awful, there's not enough parking & parking lots are not well marked, ice & snow removal in winter aren't adequate).
    Communication could be improved.

Advice to Management

Update the website! It makes us look like we're no longer in business!

11. GREAT Company!

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at ITS (Maryland) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ITS is a fantastic place to work! From top down, everyone truly cares about each individual employee. It's an encouraging and supportive work environment with bright people who truly enjoy their work and coworkers. There is a real focus on work-life balance. Management treats employees as they would want to be treated themselves.

They love working with employees to make sure everyone is happy and fulfilled with his or her work.

I have a learned a tremendous amount, here at ITS. Overall, I feel privileged and happy to have the opportunity to work here!

Cons

No real cons...As I said, it's a great company!

RSS Feed </> Embed