ITT Corp
www.itt.com White Plains, NY 5000+ Employees

ITT Corp Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014
ITT Corp – US – “Cubicle”

ITT Corp President & CEO Denise L. Ramos

Denise L. Ramos

Pros:
  • "Flexible in most situations regarding families and work life balance"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Great benefits, exceptional colleagues, collaborative workplace"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Poor upper management at the corporate level; they "do their own thing" without regard to how if affects the employees underneath them"
    in 4 reviews
  • "At times the work was a little dry but it was for the most part always fun to be a part of something new"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Poor Internship Experience

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Clifton, NJ

Prosi saw no pros while working there

ConsMany false promises given during the course of the internship

I like my coworkers and my managers, but I don't like that the company is top heavy with too many managers.

Design Engineer (Current Employee)
    Santa Ana, CA

ProsEngineering managers are layed back and don't micro-manage.

ConsThe company keeps firing low level workers and keeps hiring more managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring more managers doesn't solve the problem.

Good place to work but favors young attractive leaders

Director (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

Prosgood place to learn about many things, lot of responsibility, quality minded, great place for engineers

Consdiversity is not promoted, leaders tend to pick people like themselves

Advice to Senior Managementlearn to listen to all people's ideas

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's Who You Know..................

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Clifton, NJ

ProsGood paying job, great benefits.

ConsThey treat people unfair. The more you work the less recognition you receive. Everyone should be treated equally. it's not the same rules for all ,it boils down to who you know not how you work. It seems the less you perform the better your treated. This is the opinion of 90% of th e employess if you took a poll.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more symatheic to your employees treat them with the same respect you want.

Great people and projects, Disappointing company

Manager (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

Prosthe work is incredibly interesting
    company is staffed by experts in their fields
    the pay is quite competitive
    Rochester is a great family town

Conseven for a defense contractor, the bureaucracy is stifling; internal processes are as archaic as most of its buildings; and company leadership and internal business systems are set up only to identify new revenue, with almost no thought to promoting internal innovation, increased efficiency, employee satisfaction, or entrepreneurialism

Advice to Senior Managementrefocus some of your attention on how your team delivers, how they promote, and how you can support them to allow them to do their jobs better

Great! Very high degree of autonomy. Constant Flow of information (profitability, budget) all along the food chain

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    West Springfield, MA

ProsVery flat organization, very little meddling of management on day to day jobs. It was real pleasure to work there. Not at all a political place to work.

ConsPractically no R&D. All efforts are towards one direction-military, defense products - high profitability

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend and Spread development dollars on various segment of the market-defense/aerrospace, commercial programs and non defese projects evenly.

Miserable Place to Work

Senior Engineer (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsRochester is a convenient, reasonably priced place to live. The work is technically challenging and about as high tech as it gets. The people are top-notch.

ConsUpper management completely out of touch with the customer base and the "business" they are in. They are completely incompetent and out for their next performance appraisal and promotion. There is no future vision other than the next quarter. Fear of layoffs is pervasive and the place has a death-watch feel to it. There is absolutely no loyalty to the employees while they continually espouse wanting to grow employee loyalty to the company - it's a one way street. There is no concern for or money spent on employee development, professional association involvement, IR&D, facilities upgrades and pay raises are miserly - the list is endless. Benefits continue to erode year after year. In 1-3 years it will dry up and blow away.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out! The people brought in from Ft Wayne do not know the business or the customer. They have absolutely no confidence from the larger technical community and the customer base in general. The business relationships are bad and deteriorating.

regret of my life

Secretary (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Prosgood people, great location, with stability and reliabilty and regret that I am no longer a part of there operation.

Consmoved to New Jersey when I was living in Staten Island so I had not choice.

No relationship between non-technical, upper management and technical, lower-to-midlevel work force.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Fort Wayne, IN

ProsGreat opportunity to learn cutting edge design, analysis, and manufacturing techniques for space based telescopes.
    Pay and benefits are very competitive for the region.

ConsUpper-level managers are too non-technical for the business and are disconnected from workforce.
    Mid-level managers tend to be empire builders and lead by personality (pushers).
    Company has too many contentious factions for its size.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper-level managers--get out of your offices regularly, walk around the floor, introduce yourselves, and have some conversations. You will meet some interesting people and understand your business better.

Fair compensation, but company lack vision.

Fort Wayne, IN

ProsFair compensation, good benefits, generally good people to work with.

ConsSenior management often lacks good leadership abilities and relies on buzz-word business skills. Quite often, tools and polocies such as VBSS are applied to projects that they are not intended for. Engineering takes a back seat to these initiatives and the product/ project schedule and budget suffers.

Worked for ITT Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ITT Corp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ITT Corp CEO Denise L. Ramos. All 91 reviews posted anonymously by ITT Corp employees.