ITT Corp

www.itt.com

ITT Corp Reviews

Updated Jul 13, 2014
ITT Corp – US – “Cubicle”

ITT Corp President & CEO Denise L. Ramos

Denise L. Ramos

Pros
  • Great work life balance, involved upper management, and flexible work hours(in 4 reviews)

• Great benefits, exceptional colleagues, collaborative workplace(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor upper management at the corporate level; they "do their own thing" without regard to how if affects the employees underneath them(in 4 reviews)

• At times the work was a little dry but it was for the most part always fun to be a part of something new(in 3 reviews)

Awesome Internship

Analyst (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsVery friendly, extremely helpful, everyone around you wants to help you move on in your professional life with a lot of different technical fields. ITT was willing to do anything to help me learn about the field I wanted to have a career in.

ConsNot many challenges that I can think of from being there. At times the work was a little dry but it was for the most part always fun to be a part of something new.

AOA is dead

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Thousand Oaks, CA

Pros9/80 work week. Good life work balance with flexible hours.

ConsTop heavy with too much project management. There was a half dozen rounds of layoffs during my time there. All the survivors moved to LA.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourself and crony cohort.

Disappointing

Director IT (Former Employee) Seneca Falls, NY

ProsCompany has a great potential and great history. One of the staples of the industrial revolution in the US.

ConsExecutive management in White Plains is incompetent. CEO Denise Ramos coming from a CFO background does not have the operational experience to run a manufacturing company. Combined with her indecisive nature and her ambiguous management style she is the wrong person for the job. In addition ITT does not have up-to-date IT systems that allow efficient operational management of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvise to the board, replace the executive team in White Plains.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One long slog after another.

ProsHugely successful, great products and some really excellent people.

ConsHave no idea what it takes to get things done. Unrealistic expectations of staff. Poor corporate culture - have an entitlement mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real! Start listening to what your staff are telling you and the results being achieved will be even better.

Money, Margin, cust cost, work late, no bonus, times are tight, explain yourself, no you cant, blah blah

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice facility, good people mostl

ConsManagment culture was bottom line only. No consideration for work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementMoney isnt everything. Consider that the workforce have families. If you wont let us off to take care of our families, whats the point of life?

Limited growth in company on KauaŹ»i branch

Instrumentation Engineer (Current Employee) Kekaha, HI

ProsStaff is friendly and systems were being upgraded to more modern technology. Worked a lot but enjoyed the work. Very family type environment, it is Hawaii.

ConsEducational programs set up werenʻt established, a lot of people retiring without a group of people who were hired to people have the knowledge passed down. Seemed like everything was on a small budget. Even though government contracts gave up a lot of money.

Advice to Senior ManagementHad worked at a remote site so management referred to another person for my progress, when he should have talked directly to me than a coworker. From previous experience that same coworker had issues with family that worked there before and he only had negative things to say about me. Manager was inexperienced at his job, because he was just hired into it. Just got promoted after spending years of work in the similar job that I had been hired into.

Nice people with good benefits but pay lower than market average - lots of turnover for various reasons.

Accountant (Former Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsGood place to start a career; nice benefits, ok pay is livable but lower than market average (see cons below); mostly friendly people (with exceptions of course) and and good work environment; depending on which department in which you work there's not much required overtime, although it is available when necessary to complete projects when they are behind.

ConsVery little in the way of pay raises (they were eliminated the last year I was there). Poor upper management at the corporate level; they "do their own thing" without regard to how if affects the employees underneath them. Pay is somewhat lower than market average for any given position; lots of "forced retirement" of long-time employees and managers. Limited upward mobility due to "corporate restructuring" and other factors. I was "downsized" after coming back from a week of vacation, the same week I hit my 5th anniversary of employment with ITT.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to the people under you, stop ignoring them and treating them like pawns... some of them are actually smarter and wiser than you are in certain areas. The corporate philosophy is "do the right thing always" yet in 5 years I repeatedly saw management fail to do what's right for the employees. Denise Ramos needs to GO because she's been there too long, time for some younger blood - get somebody with a firm grip on reality and a clue of how it really goes at the bottom of the food chain!!

Honest Review

ProsThey offer a decent salary.

ConsDoes not care about its employees.

Very stratified company prevented advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChallenging opportunities and top notch training on Lean and Six Sigma tools and applications

ConsUneven implementation of process tools and a micromanagement environment, along with poor corporate integration, prevent employees from accessing career opportunities across the organization

Advice to Senior ManagementMake full use of your corporate presence to allow your employees to find their career path and support that development.

Average at best

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Clifton, NJ

ProsNot much pressure, easy commute

ConsSalary below average, low morale due to diminishing work and layoffs

Worked for ITT Corp? Contribute to the Community!