ITT Corp Reviews

Updated August 11, 2014
3.2

ITT Corp President & CEO Denise L. Ramos
Denise L. Ramos

Pros
  • Great work life balance, involved upper management, and flexible work hours (in 4 reviews)

• Great benefits, exceptional colleagues, collaborative workplace (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor upper management at the corporate level; they "do their own thing" without regard to how if affects the employees underneath them (in 4 reviews)

• At times the work was a little dry but it was for the most part always fun to be a part of something new (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent Company to work for. Great work culture they really care about their employees.

I have been working at ITT Corp

Pros

Work culture and life balance.

Cons

Not much overtime offered because work hours end around 5:00.

Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Product Design Engineer  in  Zachary, LA
    Current Employee - Product Design Engineer in Zachary, LA

I have been working at ITT Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smaller company, get a lot of experience doing diff things.

Cons

No advancement opportunities
    Too many chiefs and not enough Indians

It's not all about you. Trust your employees and take ownership when you make an error.

AOA is dead

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at ITT Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

9/80 work week. Good life work balance with flexible hours.

Cons

Top heavy with too much project management. There was a half dozen rounds of layoffs during my time there. All the survivors moved to LA.

Fire yourself and crony cohort.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing

Former Employee - Director IT  in  Seneca Falls, NY
    Former Employee - Director IT in Seneca Falls, NY

I worked at ITT Corp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company has a great potential and great history. One of the staples of the industrial revolution in the US.

Cons

Executive management in White Plains is incompetent. CEO Denise Ramos coming from a CFO background does not have the operational experience to run a manufacturing company. Combined with her indecisive nature and her ambiguous management style she is the wrong person for the job. In addition ITT does not have up-to-date IT systems that allow efficient operational management of the company.

Advise to the board, replace the executive team in White Plains.

One long slog after another.

I have been working at ITT Corp full-time

Pros

Hugely successful, great products and some really excellent people.

Cons

Have no idea what it takes to get things done. Unrealistic expectations of staff. Poor corporate culture - have an entitlement mentality.

Get real! Start listening to what your staff are telling you and the results being achieved will be even better.

Money, Margin, cust cost, work late, no bonus, times are tight, explain yourself, no you cant, blah blah

I worked at ITT Corp full-time

Pros

Nice facility, good people mostl

Cons

Managment culture was bottom line only. No consideration for work life balance

Money isnt everything. Consider that the workforce have families. If you wont let us off to take care of our families, whats the point of life?

Limited growth in company on Kauaʻi branch

Current Employee - Instrumentation Engineer  in  Kekaha, HI
    Current Employee - Instrumentation Engineer in Kekaha, HI

I have been working at ITT Corp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Staff is friendly and systems were being upgraded to more modern technology. Worked a lot but enjoyed the work. Very family type environment, it is Hawaii.

Cons

Educational programs set up werenʻt established, a lot of people retiring without a group of people who were hired to people have the knowledge passed down. Seemed like everything was on a small budget. Even though government contracts gave up a lot of money.

Had worked at a remote site so management referred to another person for my progress, when he should have talked directly to me than a coworker. From previous experience that same coworker had issues with family that worked there before and he only had negative things to say about me. Manager was inexperienced at his job, because he was just hired into it. Just got promoted after spending years of work in the similar job that I had been hired into.

Nice people with good benefits but pay lower than market average - lots of turnover for various reasons.

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Accountant in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at ITT Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good place to start a career; nice benefits, ok pay is livable but lower than market average (see cons below); mostly friendly people (with exceptions of course) and and good work environment; depending on which department in which you work there's not much required overtime, although it is available when necessary to complete projects when they are behind.

Cons

Very little in the way of pay raises (they were eliminated the last year I was there). Poor upper management at the corporate level; they "do their own thing" without regard to how if affects the employees underneath them. Pay is somewhat lower than market average for any given position; lots of "forced retirement" of long-time employees and managers. Limited upward mobility due to "corporate restructuring" and other factors. I was "downsized" after coming back from a week of vacation, the same week I hit my 5th anniversary of employment with ITT.

Start listening to the people under you, stop ignoring them and treating them like pawns... some of them are actually smarter and wiser than you are in certain areas. The corporate philosophy is "do the right thing always" yet in 5 years I repeatedly saw management fail to do what's right for the employees. Denise Ramos needs to GO because she's been there too long, time for some younger blood - get somebody with a firm grip on reality and a clue of how it really goes at the bottom of the food chain!!

Honest Review

I have been working at ITT Corp

Pros

They offer a decent salary.

Cons

Does not care about its employees.

Very stratified company prevented advancement

I worked at ITT Corp

Pros

Challenging opportunities and top notch training on Lean and Six Sigma tools and applications

Cons

Uneven implementation of process tools and a micromanagement environment, along with poor corporate integration, prevent employees from accessing career opportunities across the organization

Make full use of your corporate presence to allow your employees to find their career path and support that development.

Worked for ITT Corp? Contribute to the Community!