ITT Systems

Updated December 30, 2014
3.7

ITT Systems President & CEO David F. Melcher
David F. Melcher

Pros
  • Good pay, plenty of Vaction time, flexability, and easy work (in 5 reviews)

• Good benefits and have room for personal growth (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • It's contract work, and you're expendable, but when you're with them, you can do very well (in 3 reviews)

• Middle management does not care about employee, only what effects them (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

work

Former Employee - Production in Ḩawallī (Kuwait)
    Former Employee - Production in Ḩawallī (Kuwait)

I worked at ITT Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

overseas assignment which takes you away from family

good

Former Employee - Site Lead in Baghdad (Iraq)
    Former Employee - Site Lead in Baghdad (Iraq)

I worked at ITT Systems as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

good job; good pay. You will get more from this company as a contractor than most others.

Cons

it is a contracting company. When there is work, you work, if not, then you don't. Re hiring dedicated, previous employees should be given first shot. That does not always happen.

See the above for cons.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - ADPE Technician in A‘z̧am Kalā, Kandahar Province (Afghanistan)

I worked at ITT Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits, get to meet and work with people from all different culture.

Cons

Really nothing bad to say, other than I was working in a war-zone for them.

Use retired Military who have management skills, instead of just making any smiling face a manager.

OUTSTANDING

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in At Tājī, Diyala Governorate (Iraq)
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in At Tājī, Diyala Governorate (Iraq)

I have been working at ITT Systems as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Well Paid, Employees Valued.I thoroughly enjoyed working for this organization for nine years.

Cons

Family separation was the only con I can come up with, other than that I would agree would not be an issue for all employment positions with this organization.

Very bad treatment of employees. HR/ER/Ombudsman entities do nothing to assist.

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Kuwait (Kuwait)
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Kuwait (Kuwait)

I worked at ITT Systems as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable income....about the only good thing I can say about the company.

Cons

As mentioned above HR/ER/Ombudsman do absolutely nothing to assist employees. There have been several well documented allegations by a slew of employees involving management harassing, intimidating, using unfair hiring and labor practices, nepotism, and flat out discrimination. As with all allegations of course there has to be MORE than substantial proof of the actions. The problem lies in the actual proof, because most of the management are smart enough NOT to write anything down, or usually say things in earshot or view of others(not true in all cases but most).

SO without the hardcore proof the entities responsible for protecting employees, will not lift a finger to assist. However I poised this question to each of the entities when I and several others made complaints about the SAME people doing things: "How many different reports of allegations from different employees do you need to actually realize that there IS a problem?" None of them could answer or just flat out refused to answer the question. If over 50% of your workforce makes complaints about the same things happening and the same people doing those things.......what should be done about the problem....If you are ITT Systems/Exelis, the answer is nothing.

Great place to start out in government contracting

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Kuwait (Kuwait)
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Kuwait (Kuwait)

I have been working at ITT Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Willing to sponsor you for US Government Security clearance. Plenty of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

More about the bottom line than the people. Pay is typically lower than other contracting firms.

Pay more attention to your people and treat them like you actually care about them. Recognize talent within your organization and seek to promote those people. Get away from promotions based upon who you know.

Overall positive.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Kuwait (Kuwait)
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Kuwait (Kuwait)

I have been working at ITT Systems as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

ITT knows their business well and continually wins new contracts. They pay on time and encourage continuous education, certifications, and reimburse for both. I hear other companies pay more but people who leave all too often tend to come back.

Cons

ITT has issues like any other company, practicing what they preach. It's contract work, and you're expendable, but when you're with them, you can do very well.

Take better care of your people. Practice what you preach. Pay more attention to what's going on. Stop turning a blind eye to dead wood and rewarding poor or lax performance. Use corrective action more often. Those of us who work especially hard and have a very high work ethic resent deadbeats who get promoted or even allowed to keep their jobs. We pick up their slack.

Completely different experience.

Current Employee - US Army MWR Administrative in Kuwait (Kuwait)
    Current Employee - US Army MWR Administrative in Kuwait (Kuwait)

I have been working at ITT Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It will be a wonderful experience to work with the task force in the middle east. Especially in MWR, its awesome.

Cons

Everything is "SAFETY"!!!! Each and every day, at least 15 times you will hear the word Safety. Is it a downside? Hmm, sometimes it will drive you crazy.

Not too bad

Former Employee - Network Administrator
    Former Employee - Network Administrator

I worked at ITT Systems

Pros

Money was good, and that is about it

Cons

management had no clue how to manage. Favoritisim abounded in apointments.

Train your overseas management team better. streamline your document retention of files.

Management does not seem to care about it's employees

I have been working at ITT Systems

Pros

Technology is leading edge and exciting

Cons

Management disrespect for the staff

Pay better attention to your senior staff's ability to manage

ITT Systems Photos

look at how they put the becket on dumabasses

+ Add Photo