ITT Technical Institute Reviews

599 reviews filtered by
2.4
ITT Technical Institute Chairman & CEO Kevin M. Modany
Kevin M. Modany

Pros
  • Pay was decent for no experience and no degree (in 14 reviews)

• The reward of helping students achieve their goals is priceless (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance - required to work 6-7 days per week and on vacation or sick leave (in 21 reviews)

• Tales from students about financial aid acquired through the company sounds shady at best (in 23 reviews)

1. Not what it seems??

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute

Pros

Does offer degree programs instead of certificate or diploma

Cons

no advancement opportunities, promotion is capped, extremely sales driven, doesn't care about students

work longer hours, actually stay late, care about the employees concerns, consider the employees suggestions, care more, be available, coach, and most importantly TRAIN!!!!!

2. Toxic environment for employees & debt mill for students

Former Employee - Director of Finance
    Former Employee - Director of Finance

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None. None. None. None. None.

Cons

The whole jobs of everyone who works for this company in ANY department is NUMBERS. That's it. Everyone's pay is based on NUMBERS, whether you get unceremoniously fired based on NUMBERS, meetings sometimes daily about NUMBERS. You will be micro-managed by HQ daily regarding NUMBERS. (Hint: numbers = students enrolled, signed up for loans, attending or sitting in class once a month).

Campuses are run by people who have never had a job in education and favoritism, inequity, unfairness, and preferential treatment are rampant. (Hint: numbers = students enrolled, signed up for loans, attending or sitting in class once a month).

The whole business model is built upon students being coerced into getting Pell grants & Direct student loans.

None. They are all far too arrogant & greedy to take any advice.

3. Similar experience to October poster.

Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Earth City, MO
    Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Earth City, MO

I worked at ITT Technical Institute

Pros

None. None
      None. None
      None

Cons

Students don't want to b there. Rude. Don't show for class or do assignments. Joke! Was told it was all about the graduates passing so pass them to get money for school. Did so and got fired. Bonus non existent

Grow up and b a real university! Don't give the kids false hope that they will b hired. They won't. Degree means nothing in the work force. Advise students to go to Rankin.

5. Making money is more important than properly educating students

Former Employee - Dean in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Dean in Memphis, TN

I worked at ITT Technical Institute

Pros

Salary is decent, but the hours are long and rewards are few. The goals they set for each department are unrealistic and impossible to meet.

Cons

You are not a person--just a statistic. If you aren't meeting your numbers, you'll be fired without warning. 18 full-time recruiters and only 5 full-time teachers at our campus. Obviously, the emphasis is on getting people in the door, not actually teaching them anything.

Start treating your employees like people instead of numbers and, over time, the people you hire will be able to make a difference.

6. A company who has lost their focus

Former Employee - Systems Support Technician in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Systems Support Technician in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at ITT Technical Institute

Pros

Great vacation periods. you get 11 - 14 days a year, Holiday pay, and sick leave.

Cons

ITT Tech has lost its focus n the students. A lot of the staff complains about them more than satisfying their minor needs. The ones that give a dam are usually run out, leaving the students with pay check professionals. IT is looked at like educated janitors!

Go back to the beginning and see what the goals and motto of Sam's technical institute was, and rebuild from there. Buy all the stocks and become a private institute so the name of ITT can be rebuilt. I have worked at a number of campuses, and the care from one to the other is so drastic that it is shameful. Moses Delaney is a great director that knows the students are important. Also, your IT staff are just as educated as the managers, so you should treat them that way.

Horrible

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Mobile, AL

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary is decent if you don't mind constant micromanaging. Other than that there is not a single pro. This is a horrible place.

Cons

Absolute worst job I've ever had. You simply provide numbers for a bunch of uncaring business people who care nothing at all about a student. This is nothing more than a telemarketer job and the idiot managers monitor your activity like you're in kindergarten. This is a horrible, life sucking place to work. You're publicly humiliated when you don't get the numbers they give you. The micromanaging is almost laughable. It's an archaic business model with a boiler room mentality. They don't care what you have to do to get a student to enroll. You're interrogated if you let someone out of the door without enrolling them. Horrible management. The day I left was the happiest day of my life. Run fast from this crooked place.

Stop taking innocent students' money because they do not know better. They come to you for guidance but little do they know that their admissions rep is ridiculed if they don't enroll. Very sad, archaic business model. I don't know how you people sleep at night.

8. The almighty dollar drives this train, not education.

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute

Pros

There is a semi professional template for adjunct instructors (power point, syllabi, and other educational aids)
    You can have a positive impact on the lives of many; despite corporate analysis paralysis (over use of analytics).

Cons

Students are not held to a high standard; rather, the teacher is penalized for the student's poor performance.
    The company is a fraud....designed to defraud the government of financial aid and Veteran's benefits, etc.

In the long run, you will earn more money upon becoming a proprietary educational institution with real standards for students. Now, your degrees are worthless, as most employers scoff at one of your "degrees".

9. ITT has potential that isn't being tapped into yet

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute part-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a For Profit Educational Institution. With that said, the work envirfonment is clean and the staff is very friendly. They do try to help you if you have a problem.

Cons

There are no benefits. You are not allowed to work full time. The pay is embarrassingly low for the work that is expected.

Bring full time instructors back. Pay us what we are worth. We need benifits.

Leave your ethics and conscience at the door

Former Employee - Senior Admissions Representative
    Former Employee - Senior Admissions Representative

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary if you don't mind lying, cheating and stealing money from the students...And let's not forget wasting their time.

Cons

From the first day you will be inundated with the mantra "We change lives, we break the cycle, it's all for the student, and the cake topper...'we offer a hands on education'. Like no other school in the USA has routers,switches, or computers. It's all smoke and more smoke up the wazooo. .I'm ashamed to say that for 4 years I was in recruitment so I know that the BS laid on prospective students is just that...BS. I won't do it in this forum but I could write a book about the slimy practices utilized.
     If you want to earn a decent salary for a minimal amount of work on your part go for it. But be aware that you are conning people out of a lot of money that even bankruptcy doesn't erase. ITT boasts that they will 'assist' a student in getting a job in their degree field and that is true if the student with an AA or BS in Info Tech doesn't mind being a janitor for an IT company or a security guard at a law firm. Forget transferring any credits earned at ITT to a real school....the credits are worthless. The same AA at a community college costs 7k...ITT 45k so if you don't mind being a bunko artist then by all means go to work at ITT. Oh yea... don't worry that it's more than possible that the Department of Education and the Justice Department may shut ITT down for their devious if not completely illegal practices

Shut down so the poor souls that are trapped for the next 30 years paying back the 45-90 thousand dollars in student loans can get total forgiveness from the US government of this debt.

Worst school ever

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute

Pros

Nothing to see here, next

Cons

Everything about this place is wrong

Resign now