ITT Technical Institute

ITT Technical Institute Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

ITT Technical Institute Chairman & CEO Kevin M. Modany

Kevin M. Modany

Pros
  • Pay was decent for no experience and no degree (in 13 reviews)

• The reward of helping students achieve their goals is priceless (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance - required to work 6-7 days per week and on vacation or sick leave (in 16 reviews)

• upper management has unrealistic expectations, does not care about employees or students (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

Stressing

ProsThe pay is good for what I do

ConsYou have to hit your numbers and the leads are not very good

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Very friendly people and rewarding job

Tutor (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsThe people and instructors are very friendly and great to work with. The job is very rewarding as you get to meet all kinds of people from your area and make some lasting friendships.

ConsI have no complaints about my time spent there.

Going downhill fast

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the people were good to work with. It was also nice seeing the students achieve their goals.

ConsHaving been in two different positions in my time with ITT, I have seen many negative aspects, including: setting goals that "you decided upon" when in all actuality you don't have any input on them, but you are held to them regardless. I have seen students allowed to turn in work weeks, if not months, late and receiving full credit. It was then my responsibility to find jobs for students and graduates that really didn't have the skill set to be in the workforce because they were able to skate through without ever learning the material. But that doesn't matter, I was still expected to achieve "my" goals. I would also have to find work for convicted felons, people with no transportation or just people who didn't want a job, and when they didn't, it was entirely my fault.

This is to name just a few. I would stay far away as you are nothing but a warm body and are replaceable. They'll let you know that, too

Advice to Senior ManagementActually care about your employees. They are the ones who are keeping this company afloat.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible...worst work environment ever.

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Plymouth Meeting, PA

ProsYou defiantly can tell when you are going to get fired. My boss hires great people to work with, but treated them horribly so they all quit.

ConsManagement are awful people. They are never on time and never have any sort of communication together. They are offensive to work with. They don't want to work with you, they want to work against you.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop managing. There should be no reason why someone with as little life/work experience should feel like I could run the whole place better then you.

This is by far the worst company that I have ever worked for during my career. I would not recommend this company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was an easy commute to work.

ConsIf you receive an offer of employment from this company, don't say no, say Hell No!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake your medicine as prescribed by your physician.

This position in hindsight was not in line with my expectations and professional goals

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Concord, CA

ProsFlexible Schedule. Working with individuals who are seeking additional education

ConsCold calling from unreliable lead sources

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend that they not so closely micro-manage minute of the admission reps day

View it as just a stepping stone and you will be fine

Career Services Specialist (Former Employee) Springfield, VA

ProsDecent salary. Decent growth.

ConsCompany is heavily micromanaged from the top. No room for creativity. It's all about the numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecrease the number of meetings and hire leaders that have ma age me t trai I g.

Made a few bucks selling out.

Online Instructor (Current Employee)

ProsAs an online instructor the pay isn't too bad. And you can do your work (grading and course announcements) when it is convenient for you.

ConsYou are basically just a grader. This isn't the same as teaching your own college course. It's a bit of a joke, since you are evaluated on the student success rate. If your students do poorly, then it reflects on you. And let's be real, the caliber of students at ITT isn't the same as many colleges and universities. Basically, ITT wants the money from students (via financial aid), so it is in their best interest if the students pass the classes regardless of whether or not the students learn anything. Just another for profit college, which puts its greatest interest in the company's bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementPriority should be education.

There are better colleges out there to work for

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)

ProsMeeting with the students, some good mentors, some good trainings,

ConsNot as student focused as it could be. For a career college, they definitely could use some customer service training. Many (not all) the staff treated the students like they were a hassle and not the customer. There was too much corporate oversight that it was hard to help the students at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand the students are your business, everything should focus on them. Then your shareholders will be taken care of, not the other way around,

Fantastic co-workers, but unethical business practices lead to high turn-over in several departments.

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsTo this day, I keep in touch with my former co-workers from ITT Tech. They hire great and motivated individuals.

ConsEmployees are pushed by management to increase the bottom line regardless of circumstance. Due to unethical business practices, there is high turnover in several departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementITT should only enroll students who are a good fit for the school (because not everybody is) and not push others into taking out loans for a degree that they drop out of...

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!