ITV Reviews

3 reviews filtered by
  • Manchester, England (UK)
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
ITV Chairman Archie Norman
Archie Norman

1. Working at ITV Granada

Former Employee - Administrator in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Administrator in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at ITV full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Generally friendly work environment, lots of interesting things going on, opportunities to work shadow

Cons

Frequent restructuring of departments, many staff on short contracts, difficulty in career progression in office based roles. Very clearly defined career paths meaning it's difficult as an employee if you start in one area (e.g admin support) but have aspirations to do more creative work it's not easy to get access to appropriate training and experience to give you any realistic chance of doing so. This was a major frustration for me and seriously held me back.

Advice to Management

Be more open to diversity of opportunity of your employees, if someone wishes to develop give them the opportunity to show you their potential. Work harder to use the resources you already have instead of continuously bringing in new staff. In my experience I found jaded employees who had worked here for years frustrated in roles that didn't use their full complement of skills in jobs that they'd taken because their previous departments had been restructured. When I began working for ITV I was excited, it felt like a dream came true but by the end (6 years later) I had become just as jaded.

2. A profitable company going from strength to strength... Shame salaries don't reflect this.

Current Employee - Storyliner in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Storyliner in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at ITV full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people. Some of the finest, most creative minds you could work with.

Cons

Personal development takes far longer here than it should - some roles feel almost unattainable until someone dies or retires! Salaries aren't great either - in comparison with BBC and Channel 4.

Advice to Management

Personal development takes far longer here than it should - some roles feel almost unattainable until someone dies or retires! Please review salaries for those in creative roles - how can it be deemed fair that a storyliner (who creates, crafts and writes stories for some of the network's most profitable shows) is paid LESS than a PA for example? Salaries as a whole are far lower than our indie counterparts and I fear we are losing talented staff as a result as they are lured away to other networks and production companies for more money.

3. long hours but always fun

Former Contractor - Senior Researcher in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - Senior Researcher in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at ITV as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

free gym in manchester, fun, fresh, well looked after, creative freedom

Cons

working hours working all day and all night and all the next day without any sleep on jeremy kyle every week was just crazy. i think they should bring in a night team so we are more fresh for studio. wages less than mini wage with the hours we work. no career development

RSS Feed </> Embed