ITV Reviews

3.7
ITV Chairman Archie Norman
Archie Norman

1. Great Company

I have been working at ITV

Pros

Great people to work with and love the shows they produce.

Cons

Would like there to be more jobs in the U.S.

Advice to Management

More jobs and better communication with the employees.

2. Conditions at this company for freelancers have deteriorated.

Former Freelancer - Post Producer in New York, NY
    Former Freelancer - Post Producer in New York, NY

I worked at ITV (More than a year)

Pros

Talented colleagues who are skilled media-makers meant I *usually* worked with folks with whom it was a joy to collaborate.

Cons

Inconsistent quality of leadership - some show runners are great, others really (really) not - and, most importantly, freelancers given heavier workloads with shrinking schedules and budgets. This is an industry-wide problem, but this place started becoming worse than others. And their commitment to not giving their producers/AP's a contract after over a year spending money on lawsuits fighting the WGAE contract when that money could be going to freelancers' benefits, OT pay and union representation is just unconscionable.

Advice to Management

Just because someone may be a strong producer, doesn't necessarily mean they have the managerial/leadership skills necessary to be a strong show runner who knows how to or is committed to bringing the best out of their team. Also, rather than spending money on lawyers to fight the WGAE contract, please put that money to better use by giving the producers/AP's the contract they deserve so that they can spend their energy creating quality programming that earns iTV and the networks good money, while they can feel secure knowing they can continue to support themselves and their families now and in the future.

I do not like this company

Former Employee - Factory Worker
    Former Employee - Factory Worker

I worked at ITV full-time

Pros

There really aren't any pros

Cons

Too much favoritism flying around. Also, do not offer the benefits or pay that they should.

Advice to Management

Work on communication skills between ALL of the employees

A nice start up but a mess of a company

Former Employee - Customer Support in Beverly, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Beverly, MA

I worked at ITV

Pros

Fast Paced
    Better compensation than other jobs
    On site chef
    Free company products monthly
    Knowledgeable VP of support
    Flexible Schedule

Cons

Lack of direction in upper management
    Some favoritism between supervisors and staff
    Poor HR responsiveness to employee issues
    Company dealt with many legal issues

Advice to Management

Change things around and hire responsible employees rather than troubled ones. Get more organized with management and stop hiring family and friends.

6. Correspondent itv regional news

Current Employee - Correspondent in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Correspondent in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at ITV full-time

Pros

Value staff, active in trying to keep work stress to a minimum, good training

Cons

Short staffed most of the time

7. Good company, unprofessional IT

I worked at ITV

Pros

Can produce good tv programs :)

Cons

IT staff is joke. They do not do anything by themselves. They even do not manage their own company network. IT specialist task in this company - is to hire someone who will do job for them :)

8. varied and diverse work environment

Former Employee - Senior Support Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Support Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at ITV full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

exposure to a wide range of scenarios and issues, from live broadcasts, to the salesfloor, studios and standard office environment. fantastic mix of people within the company, great buzz about the place

Cons

pay of average for the sector, clearly media is not a high paying sector though.

9. Adventurous, daring, forward thinking, lacking real intent unfortunately.

Former Employee - Director in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Director in London, England (UK)

I worked at ITV full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture, care for their people, desire to do well but sometime let down by having wrong senior people in charge. Salary was great.

Cons

If only they followed the ideas that matched their ambition with people who could deliver them. It would be perfect. ITV's failings have in my opinion always centred around having the wrong people in key positions. I know of one hire that led to 5 high quality people leaving.

Advice to Management

Make sure you hire your senior managers who are not megalomaniacs. Junior staff are generally very high quality relative to other organisations. We need the top people to be better who understand how to manage people and understand it is not about them or their ego. Anyone with a big ego should never be employed.

10. Working at ITV Granada

Former Employee - Administrator in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Administrator in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at ITV full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Generally friendly work environment, lots of interesting things going on, opportunities to work shadow

Cons

Frequent restructuring of departments, many staff on short contracts, difficulty in career progression in office based roles. Very clearly defined career paths meaning it's difficult as an employee if you start in one area (e.g admin support) but have aspirations to do more creative work it's not easy to get access to appropriate training and experience to give you any realistic chance of doing so. This was a major frustration for me and seriously held me back.

Advice to Management

Be more open to diversity of opportunity of your employees, if someone wishes to develop give them the opportunity to show you their potential. Work harder to use the resources you already have instead of continuously bringing in new staff. In my experience I found jaded employees who had worked here for years frustrated in roles that didn't use their full complement of skills in jobs that they'd taken because their previous departments had been restructured. When I began working for ITV I was excited, it felt like a dream came true but by the end (6 years later) I had become just as jaded.

A great place to thrive personally and professionall

Current Employee - Assistant Producer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Assistant Producer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ITV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With a very satisfactory work-life balance, meritocratic office culture and a very broad training infrastructure, ITV provides all the requirements for a professional fulfillment.

Cons

While the entry-level compensation may seem a bit lower that what could be seen elsewhere, there is a steady and fair review and increase in salary in proportion to time spent there.

Advice to Management

Be a little more active in recruitment - ITV is a great company to work for, but it is hard to find the job postings