ITV

Be The First To
Add Photos

ITV Chairman Archie Norman

Archie Norman

Active, hard-working and proffesional, plus a tad of stress

Content Control (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsI enjoy my job, as I am lucky enough to meet some famous faces, some of which I grew up watching on TV, I know the work that I do will directly affect millions of people on a daily basis, I enjoy being a part of entertaining the nation. Plus were an international company, with loads of opportunities to go global.

ConsSome negatives include; the full on working enviroment, all of the time. Not much time off, due to the full on working enviroment and also when everything goes belly up, we have to start all over again. I don't like telling celebrities they have to do a piece of content all over again :(

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure staff do get there time off, because we need it!

Great place to work

ProsFriendly people, clear strategic direction from the board who work hard to ensure it is communicated to all levels of the company so people understand their role

ConsI don't have any cons

Great place to work, good salary

Producer (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe managers were great... I couldn't have asked for a more supportive group of people to work with. Also, the salary is better than most other media outlets in the area.

ConsThere are a lot of freelancers so it seems like there's always new people coming in. Once they get there though, many stay for a while.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say that they should take a more active role in monitoring and rewarding employee performance. It'd be nice if doing a particularly good job would be noticed more often.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work

ProsVery Friendly & Flexible environment. Easily approachable senior management.

ConsMake things complex than required. Some times personal agendas take priority and as a result fail to make right decisions for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for all your efforts with the transformation program. Put some more effort to cut the bureaucracy

extremely rewarding

Continuity Producer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsEveryone knows who ITV are, room for progression. Extremely rewarding got to work on some massive projects including the 2013 rebrand.

ConsSometimes there is lack of communication between departments and other third parties connected to ITV which can be extremely frustrating to get the job done.

Advice to Senior Managementmore benefits

Fun and satisfying, until anything goes wrong

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people, great location and plenty of opportunity

ConsBlame culture prevalent throughout - any issues or failures became a race to point fingers

Advice to Senior ManagementFix problems first, assign blame second

good place and good opportunity to build a portfolio

Project Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosfriendly co-workers, kind managers, overall it is a good environment to work in

ConsVery big and complex place making the communication difficult and inneficient sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet closer to the employees to find out what is really happening instead of relying on line managers feedback

long hours but always fun

Senior Researcher (Former Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

Prosfree gym in manchester, fun, fresh, well looked after, creative freedom

Consworking hours working all day and all night and all the next day without any sleep on jeremy kyle every week was just crazy. i think they should bring in a night team so we are more fresh for studio. wages less than mini wage with the hours we work. no career development

Great projects, worth a freelance contract or two.

Production - ITV Studios (Former Employee)

ProsHousehold name, get to contribute to some great projects and work with colleagues very passionate about television. Southbank is a wonderful building to work in and some roles get to use Apple computers.

ConsExtremely awkward internal business systems, no career development and salaries 15% below market rates. Handful of people in key management positions have worked for ITV companies 20+ years.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer development, despite all the rhetoric from the board room, does not exists at ITV.

Mundane

Post Production Bookings Assistant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood team environment
    Decent working hours Mon - Fri

ConsExpected to work overtime without extra pay
    Poor training
    In house promotions limited

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more current staff for promotions rather than outsiders who don't know the business

Worked for ITV? Contribute to the Community!