ITV

Updated August 6, 2014

3.5

ITV Chairman Archie Norman
Archie Norman

Active, hard-working and proffesional, plus a tad of stress

Current Employee - Content Control  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Content Control in London, England (UK)

Pros

I enjoy my job, as I am lucky enough to meet some famous faces, some of which I grew up watching on TV, I know the work that I do will directly affect millions of people on a daily basis, I enjoy being a part of entertaining the nation. Plus were an international company, with loads of opportunities to go global.

Cons

Some negatives include; the full on working enviroment, all of the time. Not much time off, due to the full on working enviroment and also when everything goes belly up, we have to start all over again. I don't like telling celebrities they have to do a piece of content all over again :(

Ensure staff do get there time off, because we need it!

Great place to work

Pros

Friendly people, clear strategic direction from the board who work hard to ensure it is communicated to all levels of the company so people understand their role

Cons

I don't have any cons

Great place to work, good salary

Former Employee - Producer  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Producer in London, England (UK)

Pros

The managers were great... I couldn't have asked for a more supportive group of people to work with. Also, the salary is better than most other media outlets in the area.

Cons

There are a lot of freelancers so it seems like there's always new people coming in. Once they get there though, many stay for a while.

I would say that they should take a more active role in monitoring and rewarding employee performance. It'd be nice if doing a particularly good job would be noticed more often.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very friendly environment and loads of great shows to work on

Former Employee - Assistant Online Editor  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Assistant Online Editor in London, England (UK)

Pros

Very friendly working environment across all the different teams for different shows.
    You get to meet different celebs when working across the morning shows at southbank.
    The teams are well organised and hard working, getting all the day to day jobs done efficiently.

Cons

Can get boring easily with the same work load on a day to day basis (projects arent varied enough).
    Working equipment (mainly the windows computers) are very outdated or were when I was working there.

Great Place to Work

Pros

Very Friendly & Flexible environment. Easily approachable senior management.

Cons

Make things complex than required. Some times personal agendas take priority and as a result fail to make right decisions for the company.

Thanks for all your efforts with the transformation program. Put some more effort to cut the bureaucracy

extremely rewarding

Current Employee - Continuity Producer  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Continuity Producer in London, England (UK)

Pros

Everyone knows who ITV are, room for progression. Extremely rewarding got to work on some massive projects including the 2013 rebrand.

Cons

Sometimes there is lack of communication between departments and other third parties connected to ITV which can be extremely frustrating to get the job done.

more benefits

Fun and satisfying, until anything goes wrong

Pros

Good people, great location and plenty of opportunity

Cons

Blame culture prevalent throughout - any issues or failures became a race to point fingers

Fix problems first, assign blame second

good place and good opportunity to build a portfolio

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

friendly co-workers, kind managers, overall it is a good environment to work in

Cons

Very big and complex place making the communication difficult and inneficient sometimes.

Get closer to the employees to find out what is really happening instead of relying on line managers feedback

A profitable company going from strength to strength... Shame salaries don't reflect this.

Current Employee - Storyliner  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Storyliner in Manchester, England (UK)

Pros

The people. Some of the finest, most creative minds you could work with.

Cons

Personal development takes far longer here than it should - some roles feel almost unattainable until someone dies or retires!
    Salaries aren't great either - in comparison with BBC and Channel 4.

Please review salaries for those in creative roles - how can it be deemed fair that a storyliner (who creates, crafts and writes stories for some of the network's most profitable shows) is paid LESS than a PA for example? Salaries as a whole are far lower than our indie counterparts and I fear we are losing talented staff as a result as they are lured away to other networks and production companies for more money.

long hours but always fun

Former Employee - Senior Researcher  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Researcher in Manchester, England (UK)

Pros

free gym in manchester, fun, fresh, well looked after, creative freedom

Cons

working hours working all day and all night and all the next day without any sleep on jeremy kyle every week was just crazy. i think they should bring in a night team so we are more fresh for studio. wages less than mini wage with the hours we work. no career development

Worked for ITV? Contribute to the Community!