ITW Building Components Group

Updated June 18, 2014
3.3

Christian Cronj
1 Rating

This has been the best job I've ever had

Current Employee - Tester  in  Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Tester in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at ITW Building Components Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people here are very friendly and understanding. The benefits are top notch, with a generous 401k match, excellent health care and dental, overtime, and vacation. This year and next look very good for the company; recent restructuring has improved software development immensely.

Cons

Advancement is limited and raises have been spotty (due mostly to the economy).

no opinion

Cheap company, Good life balance

I have been working at ITW Building Components Group

Pros

very good work life balance, most of the time

Cons

Cheap, everything, including your salary

80/20'd

I have been working at ITW Building Components Group

Pros

The culture at our office was really good most of the time. The benefits were great and the salaries were ok. I really did enjoy the people I worked with and made life long friends while there.

Cons

The leadership of this company is clueless, directionless, idea-less, and ultimately evil. For many years the company took on several different ideas and directions, never sticking with one of them longer than 6 months. ITW knows how to manufacture products and get them to customers. Unfortunately for the building components world, they do not know how to deal with engineers or how to design and upgrade computer software. Customers were left just as frustrated and confused as employees, ultimately leaving for competitors in droves. ITWBCG is also very efficient at conducting lay offs and cut backs when things don't go there way, which is often. I am surprised they haven't closed this business as I do not see it competing with better run organizations. Customers know this and will be hard pressed to ever comeback or buy from ITWBCG.

Clean out the top levels of management and actually hire building component executives that know the industry. Listen to customers and understand that if you can't make them your number one priority you have no business being in business. This all may be too late however, so perhaps it would be best to sell or close the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ITW Building Components Group

Former Employee - Engineer II
    Former Employee - Engineer II

I worked at ITW Building Components Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benifits were some of the best I had or heard about. Awesome health plan, 401K, Tuition reimbursement, dental, vision, paid vacation, the industry is heading into a new era with Building Information Modelling using 3d software to see the finished building before it's finished, great severence package, tried to create a very soft landing for the unfortunate lay offs

Cons

The downturn in the building industry has led to a lot of turnover at the top, leading to product and software goals never being fully reached before a change in direction. The downturn also led to many cuts leaving some customers without the support they once had. No room for advancement at the office I worked at. I also had trouble with their COBRA provider, ITW looked into it but eventually never resolved the issue.

Get back to serving the customer instead of worrying about competitors, follow through on goals instead of changing direction constantly

Good Company, poor management

I have been working at ITW Building Components Group

Pros

Large company with resources
    available for movement up

Cons

production not help accountable for wrong actions
    no follow through
    a lot of talk
    minimal communication from above
    changes made involving personell without any personell imput

follow through, dont be scared of people quitting, they start pushing and pushing till they are getting away with everything

Great Environment, No Room for Growth

Pros

-Benefits
    -Work Life Balance
    -Friendly Staff
    -Interesting Industry

Cons

-Employees are not aware of corporate agenda
    -Disconnect in communication

Very Good

Former Employee - Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at ITW Building Components Group

Pros

Good benefits and opportunity for advancement

Cons

Company is all about profit, does not care about humanbeign

Treat workers better

Worked for ITW Building Components Group? Contribute to the Community!