ITW Building Components Group

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Christian Cronj

This has been the best job I've ever had

Tester (Current Employee) Pompano Beach, FL

ProsThe people here are very friendly and understanding. The benefits are top notch, with a generous 401k match, excellent health care and dental, overtime, and vacation. This year and next look very good for the company; recent restructuring has improved software development immensely.

ConsAdvancement is limited and raises have been spotty (due mostly to the economy).

Advice to Senior Managementno opinion

Cheap company, Good life balance

Prosvery good work life balance, most of the time

ConsCheap, everything, including your salary

80/20'd

ProsThe culture at our office was really good most of the time. The benefits were great and the salaries were ok. I really did enjoy the people I worked with and made life long friends while there.

ConsThe leadership of this company is clueless, directionless, idea-less, and ultimately evil. For many years the company took on several different ideas and directions, never sticking with one of them longer than 6 months. ITW knows how to manufacture products and get them to customers. Unfortunately for the building components world, they do not know how to deal with engineers or how to design and upgrade computer software. Customers were left just as frustrated and confused as employees, ultimately leaving for competitors in droves. ITWBCG is also very efficient at conducting lay offs and cut backs when things don't go there way, which is often. I am surprised they haven't closed this business as I do not see it competing with better run organizations. Customers know this and will be hard pressed to ever comeback or buy from ITWBCG.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean out the top levels of management and actually hire building component executives that know the industry. Listen to customers and understand that if you can't make them your number one priority you have no business being in business. This all may be too late however, so perhaps it would be best to sell or close the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ITW Building Components Group

Engineer II (Former Employee)

ProsBenifits were some of the best I had or heard about. Awesome health plan, 401K, Tuition reimbursement, dental, vision, paid vacation, the industry is heading into a new era with Building Information Modelling using 3d software to see the finished building before it's finished, great severence package, tried to create a very soft landing for the unfortunate lay offs

ConsThe downturn in the building industry has led to a lot of turnover at the top, leading to product and software goals never being fully reached before a change in direction. The downturn also led to many cuts leaving some customers without the support they once had. No room for advancement at the office I worked at. I also had trouble with their COBRA provider, ITW looked into it but eventually never resolved the issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to serving the customer instead of worrying about competitors, follow through on goals instead of changing direction constantly

Good Company, poor management

ProsLarge company with resources
    available for movement up

Consproduction not help accountable for wrong actions
    no follow through
    a lot of talk
    minimal communication from above
    changes made involving personell without any personell imput

Advice to Senior Managementfollow through, dont be scared of people quitting, they start pushing and pushing till they are getting away with everything

Great Environment, No Room for Growth

Pros-Benefits
    -Work Life Balance
    -Friendly Staff
    -Interesting Industry

Cons-Employees are not aware of corporate agenda
    -Disconnect in communication

Very Good

Operations Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits and opportunity for advancement

ConsCompany is all about profit, does not care about humanbeign

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat workers better

Worked for ITW Building Components Group? Contribute to the Community!