ITX Corp. Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Ralph Dandrea

1. Great place to learn and expand skills!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at ITX Corp.

Pros

- Great Team, always have your back when you need it most. - Able to discuss concerns without worrying about if your going to get fired. - Direct supervisor shares concerns and tries to provide resolutions or goals to help alleviate problems. - Able to engage C level employees on a personal level. - Different cultures are interesting and fun. - Variety of work keeps you busy, learning, and exciting. - Will continue to learn always. - Company is continuing to grow yearly and believe it will continue. - Our customer service is over the top compared to our competitors.

Cons

- Expansion within the company is limited from this position. - 24x7x365 support runs into personal life frequently and may cause personal issues. - Limited incentives. - Salary is a bit below market. - Separation of teams and type of work don't allow time to engage other employees as much as I would like to.

Advice to Management

I would to have more company level functions and not talk about work. Similar to the cookouts, holiday parties, etc where we can get to know each other on a more personal level. Help implement or address concerns on a company level. Sometimes concerns end up in cyber space and we forget because of the busy schedules. Change variables that help compensate for salary. I think the employee should be compensated for what they are valued at, rather than being concerned what other people on the team is compensated for. It makes me feel like I am capped at a salary because of other team members. Allow more room for expansion. I feel like I am getting less and less challenged by the work that comes in at my current position and I am unable to get moved up to the higher position to engage more challenging and infrastructure work. Address 24x7x365 schedule to allow more personal time with family and friends. 4 day work week would be awesome :)

2. Fun Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY

I have been working at ITX Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance. Fun team to work with. There is always an opportunity to learn something new if you are open to it.

Cons

A bit low on the pay scale. Limited career growth. Could offer better benefits.

Advice to Management

Although a survey is a great way to gather feedback, maybe try an open discussion to really hear the employees and their concerns.

Management Driven

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY

I have been working at ITX Corp. (More than a year)

Pros

Employee relationships, training, quiet, employee engagement, casual dress attire

Cons

Low pay, no career growth, management driven.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees concerns and do what you need to do to keep those who are strong employees from leaving, even if it means paying above "market value".

A company that works as a real team

Current Employee - Technical Leader/Senior Developer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Leader/Senior Developer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at ITX Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- People care about me, I have meetings with my delivery team manager to talk about how I feel and if he can do anything to help me feel more comfortable in any way in a personal - I am also always free to voice my ideas and suggestions and many times they will be implemented as soon as possible. - We use agile methodologies to create new software (we implemented SCRUM (an Agile framework). My day is much more productive, and I don’t need to spend time over documenting or re-explaining things to my teammates. - After each sprint, we have a retrospective meeting, where everyone discusses what went well, what we can do better, and we can then make changes in our very next deliverable. - We also practice the spirit of the retrospective meeting at a higher level on the technical side. Every other week there is a Technical Leaders meeting where all the Senior technical team members of the company meet to talk about new technologies and how to implement them. We also talk about the challenges we’ve had with our projects, and how we overcame them. We then commit these lessons learned into a knowledge database.

Cons

- Salary a bit below average for market - The company the company has a lot of projects and sometimes one person has to be in two or more at the same time, allocations are not always the best.

Advice to Management

Take care of the salaries The company is doing really great and I see that is always working to get better, keep doing in the same way.

A good place to work

I have been working at ITX Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a company with a very deep-seated culture, based on clearly defined values, ways of delivering value to the client, and differentiators. Executive management manages with integrity overall, and is generally reasonable when an issue is brought to them. The design and development work is exemplary, and the company has gotten very good at recognizing and avoiding black-hole projects, or projects/clients that are not the best fit. Work-life balance is recognized. That is, while you are expected to work hard, when family or health issues come up, management is very amenable to giving employees time to handle those issues. Some people work from home for a portion of their week if there's a child care issue or whatever. Some people work in other cities from home or in an office.

Cons

The office itself is a typical cube farm with fluorescent lighting in a suburban office park. It's a lot more like Big Corporate, even though it's a smaller company. There's not a lot of socializing outside of the office, and not a lot of "fun" built into the culture. It's really, really quiet. They're stingy with holidays and PTO. It's never going to be on one of those "Greatest Place to Work" lists because it's so stodgy, but it's a good place to work and learn.

Advice to Management

Loosen up on the holidays. Don't be afraid to have fun. Get the developers, designers and production support people out of the office every now and again. Break up the monotony.

Great work environment and amazing team members

I worked at ITX Corp. full-time

Pros

Small company feel: You get to know everyone you work with very closely. Collaboration on projects is encouraged, and you'll find very quickly that everyone on the team is willing to pitch in and do what it takes to conquer the problem.

Cons

Working in a team environment is fun and exciting while you are developing your role to provide the most amount of value possible within the organization. However, once your role is defined it can be difficult to break away from, change, adjust, develop or enhance your responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Create a clearer path for professional growth for your employees. You do a tremendous job of offering training for your employees, but do not do as much as you could to let that opportunity be known and get people excited about it. Try and find out who is hungry to learn- and support that drive.

Like any company, it is not perfect

I have been working at ITX Corp. full-time

Pros

It is a fun, stable and engaging place to work. We work on some huge accounts and some cutting edge technologies, so it is a great place to grow your career. Many of the folks here have been here for a long, long time. There is always something new to work on.

Cons

We work on some pretty difficult, time sensitive projects - if you don't like to work hard, this is not the place for you. It can get stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Share more with your people about your strategy and pay better. (I'm sure everyone everywhere says that

Do as I say, not as I do is Management Rule

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at ITX Corp.

Pros

It is a small company

Cons

It has the politics of a large company, in a small company

Advice to Management

Start following your own directives - stop taking things personally.

Corporate VC

Current Employee - Business Development in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at ITX Corp.

Pros

Openness to pursuing new opportunities

Cons

Lack of overall corporate strategy

Advice to Management

Qtrly all-hands mtg to demonstrate progress and leadership

good company and leadership

I have been working at ITX Corp. part-time

Pros

the pay is good and work-life balance

Cons

No bad things to say about this company

RSS Feed </> Embed