IUPUI

IUPUI Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

Updated Jul 16, 2014

IUPUI Chancellor Charles R. Bantz

Charles R. Bantz

Pros
  • Benefits, retirement, tuition reduction, relaxed work environment and dress code(in 10 reviews)

• Great place for innovators and those trying to discover your leadership abilities(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The pay scale is very off and you could find yourself stuck in a job making minimal increases despite the fluctuating work load(in 2 reviews)

• Courses plus doing research assistantship demand lots of work(in 2 reviews)

48 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

nt

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsEverything - variety and growth

ConsParking costs are expensive. Limited spaces too.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Math Assistance Center: Best student job on campus!

Math Tutor (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsExcellent management, fun working environment, challenging and rewarding. Pay is good and work is easy if you are comfortable with math and interacting with students.

ConsSome employees not as helpful as they should be, leaving more work for other people. Some policies are overbearing, such as no phone usage or technology at tables.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to lead by example, rather than "do as I say, not as I do." If you are going to enforce a strict no tardiness policy, make sure you are always on time as well.

Great Employer

Management Analyst (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe work environment is great! Work-Life balance is definitely a great aspect, and the benefits are top notch - 30 PTO days per year! There are a lot of training possibilities, and they encourage you to take advantage of it. There is also a wonderful tuition benefit.

ConsRaises are very small, even if people get a good evaluation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Abiut IUPUI

Associate Professor (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsIt has nice environment for faculty members.

ConsIt does not have many big high tech companies near by.

Helpdesk Intern

Tech SupportSupport Intern (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsRelaxed workplace, friendly supervisors who are always willing to help, work with other interns, the staff you help tend to be very grateful and seem to think highly of you

ConsParking can be a challenge unless you choose to work at 9am. Not a big issue though.

Associate Instructor

Instructor (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsA great place to teach, I was allowed the freedom to plan and teach my class in the best way I saw fit without any input from other faculty (although input was available if requested)

ConsParking is difficult, plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before your class begins in order to locate a parking spot within walking distance of your building

Depends on where you are, I guess...

Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsIUPUI was, for me, a great place to get teaching experience. You get to teach a diverse student base in an urban campus with a growing campus spirit.

ConsThe environment was highly-politicized and the salary disparity between those in the sciences and those in the arts was gross. There was definitely a feeling that everyone is easily replaceable. But, I'd guess that's not true in each school/department. There was a lot of duplicitousness the couple years I was there.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on morale.

A great school to get involved in research

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsAccess to resources in both Purdue and IU

ConsNot enough funding available.
    Does not offer a variety of courses

A great place to work

Sports (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsI worked at IUPUI in athletics while finishing my senior year of college. IUPUI was not only a great school, but also a great place to work. I developed friendships and still keep in touch with my mentors.

ConsWhen you calculate how much I got paid per hour (I accepted tuition reimbursement) it was very low. But I was happy to not have to pay for most of tuition that semester!

On Campus Job

Web Designer (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsIt is very good to work As webdevloper hours are according to your choice

Consyou have very less payment 880$ per month

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is good just raise the payment

Worked for IUPUI? Contribute to the Community!