Icap Services North America

Icap Services North America Reviews in Jersey City, NJ

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Icap Services North America Chief Executive Officer of ICAP Americas Douglas Rhoten

Douglas Rhoten

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

operations analyst

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

Prosstable company , no bureaucracy . recognition for good work

Consnot much career advancement. you will stuck in same position for years

Advice to Senior Managementcreate oppurtunities for employees

Do not appreciate good work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsWhen I started with this company over 20 years ago it was great place to work . There was growth for advancement and it felt like a family atmosphere . That is all gone now with the people they employ in managerial roles that do not know what you do on a daily basis .

ConsThere is high turnover rate with the company . If you are in the age range between 40's and 50's they force you out and have no feelings on how to treat people . The company does not appreciate good work or loyalty . You don't agree with their company politics you are done .

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company should take a good look at who they employ . Human Resource has a lot to with the hiring of back office .They make decisions where people in upper management should be doing this job. Also they should hire within the company but that policy has stopped .

Worked there loyally for 22 years. Got "downsized" at 53 two months after getting a raise and a bonus.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsWhen this company was Garban it was a great place to work. When it became ICAP it became a soulless company that treats its employees like office equipment.

ConsNo job security, no employee loyalty, don't make the mistake of turning 50.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating your employees like people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Extern (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsNice lifestyle and really nice people. Learn a lot quickly and efficiently.

ConsNone to offer really. The company was great and I really enjoyed my time with them. Nothing but the highest regard.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on making good programs that educate interns and really help them grow

lukewarm Linux trading application support engineer

Linux Trading Applications Support (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsThe work was easy, there were some days that I did not do anything but surf the internet all day. Actually - sometimes I did not do anything for days at a time. It seemed like one big inside joke. Congenial work environment - alot of old people, and for finance that is refreshing. I liked alot of the people there - once you get in you are like family. If you are of Indian descent - you have it made (I am Russian).

ConsThe work was easy, there were some days that I did not do anything but surf the internet all day!
    I woked in the voice dept. I think that the money and the action is in the Electronic department. The guys in the voice team don't have anything to do - but they like it that way. So it has been my experience where there is not enought work to go around, politics fills the void. So it you are politically savy, dont like to work hard or grow this place is for you !

The manager and the senoir support guys in linux technical support know that they have a cushy job, and they know exactly how to protect it from change, improvement or efficiency.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change a thing - linux technical support at ICAP is the best job in finance.

Excellent Company under Excellent Leader

Data Intern (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

Pros-Braco Pobric is one of the smartest men I have ever met
    -Laid Back environment so you feel comfortable
    - Helpful Employees
    - Work is fun to learn and useful for lifetime

Cons-Hours are a bit looney, I remember staying till 8pm after coming in at 8 AM
    -Pay could be a bit better
    -Sometimes it is tough to prioritize what work to do

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Generally a meritocracy but little leveraging of potential synergies across business units.

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsOnly technology pays higher. ICAP pays good benefits and despite the isolated location, provides meal subsidies, occasional entertainment opps. Great offices and services.

ConsNew York is actually Jersey City - great if you live in Jersey, NYC, Staten Island or Rockland County, NY. Long Island and CT are difficult. ICAP shuttles ease the pain somewhat.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many silos that don't talk to or know of each other. Phone directory is a joke. One would think such a firm would have an ongoing sales training program.

Utter disappointing

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsYou will enjoy the work if you are 50+ and not looking for any professional growth.
    You may get to work on good stuffs in you join the electronic trading group

ConsTons and tons of internal politics. One company with many internal groups who don’t even talk to each other.

Do not go there if you are a software engineer. They do not respect your technical skills.

People fight for product ownership, your manager will make you work like dog and you will never get any visibility.

No promotion, no chance of a promotion even if you work there for 10 years.

The compensation and benefits not par with the competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to go home... Let the young blood lead...
    Working smart is not sitting in office for 13 hours a day.

Nice working environment but management needs to be more engaged

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsMajority of people are very nice, hard working and knowledgeable about the business they're in. It can be a fun and relaxed environment because the firm still has a feel of a start up, even though the firm has grown quite large in the last few years. Depending on the immediate manager's philosophy, the company can offer flexible work arrangements and time off, when necessary.

ConsCompany has grown a lot and it's beginning to feel like a big corporation with its beauracracy and expectation of face time from employees. Senior management only cares about highest producing individuals, the rest get treated as nobody's. Support areas also don't get much management attention or support. As a result, there are many unhappy employees especially in support functions who do not bring in major $$ for the firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat others how you would like to get treated. ICAP is not an investment bank although I had that feel at times.

Worked for Icap Services North America? Contribute to the Community!