Icap Services North America

Icap Services North America Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Icap Services North America Chief Executive Officer of ICAP Americas Douglas Rhoten

Douglas Rhoten

operations analyst

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

Prosstable company , no bureaucracy . recognition for good work

Consnot much career advancement. you will stuck in same position for years

Advice to Senior Managementcreate oppurtunities for employees

Do not appreciate good work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsWhen I started with this company over 20 years ago it was great place to work . There was growth for advancement and it felt like a family atmosphere . That is all gone now with the people they employ in managerial roles that do not know what you do on a daily basis .

ConsThere is high turnover rate with the company . If you are in the age range between 40's and 50's they force you out and have no feelings on how to treat people . The company does not appreciate good work or loyalty . You don't agree with their company politics you are done .

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company should take a good look at who they employ . Human Resource has a lot to with the hiring of back office .They make decisions where people in upper management should be doing this job. Also they should hire within the company but that policy has stopped .

Worked there loyally for 22 years. Got "downsized" at 53 two months after getting a raise and a bonus.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsWhen this company was Garban it was a great place to work. When it became ICAP it became a soulless company that treats its employees like office equipment.

ConsNo job security, no employee loyalty, don't make the mistake of turning 50.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating your employees like people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Extern (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsNice lifestyle and really nice people. Learn a lot quickly and efficiently.

ConsNone to offer really. The company was great and I really enjoyed my time with them. Nothing but the highest regard.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on making good programs that educate interns and really help them grow

Good place

ProsAlways keeps you busy in work

ConsWork life too busy and no time for technical enhancements

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

lukewarm Linux trading application support engineer

Linux Trading Applications Support (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsThe work was easy, there were some days that I did not do anything but surf the internet all day. Actually - sometimes I did not do anything for days at a time. It seemed like one big inside joke. Congenial work environment - alot of old people, and for finance that is refreshing. I liked alot of the people there - once you get in you are like family. If you are of Indian descent - you have it made (I am Russian).

ConsThe work was easy, there were some days that I did not do anything but surf the internet all day!
    I woked in the voice dept. I think that the money and the action is in the Electronic department. The guys in the voice team don't have anything to do - but they like it that way. So it has been my experience where there is not enought work to go around, politics fills the void. So it you are politically savy, dont like to work hard or grow this place is for you !

The manager and the senoir support guys in linux technical support know that they have a cushy job, and they know exactly how to protect it from change, improvement or efficiency.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change a thing - linux technical support at ICAP is the best job in finance.

Best place to work at

Risk Mitigation Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsSmart people
    Good benefits
    Great career growth

Consnot exciting enough
    pay is only average

Advice to Senior Managementexpand responsibilities

great work-life balance, but no career growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflexible hours, short commute, nice and easy going people to work with

Consno career growth, good for end of career people because you would not go anywhere. Plenty of time to spend with family.

A professional team of caring individuals.

ProsSalary is great as are the employees. This is a company in which you can learn and grow at your own pace.

ConsThe location is the only downside that I can speak to. Being located in Jersey City, you have to contend with New York and New Jersey traffic.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would not change a thing.

Poor upper management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay was decent, hours were decent

ConsUpper management didn't carry about entry-level employees

Worked for Icap Services North America? Contribute to the Community!