Icbc

Be The First To
Add Photos

Icbc Interim President & CEO Mark Blucher

Mark Blucher

Pros
  • You can be satisfied with the work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

• The working environment is good (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Large crown corporation with government and regulations that limit or prohibit rapid change and improvement (in 3 reviews)

• Pay needs to be closer to market for both union and non- (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

OK

Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFriendly work environment and nice office building

ConsLeadership is better to improve in terms of strategic planning.

A good employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proscompetitive compensation, people are very friendly, work and life balance, have lots of opportunities to develop your career in difference role areas

Consvery localized culture, and the organization is huge so the process efficiency is not very high sometimes

Advice to Senior Managementno

Internship Exp

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsHigh quality of human resource.
    Professional environment.
    Fully occupied with challenging assignments with opportunities to expand new skills.

ConsDoors are not open to the majority of entry level applicants.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accounting Intern

Accounting Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsICBC has a laid-back environment, friendly culture, and good employee. You can be satisfied with the work-life balance.

ConsThe average salary is less than other commercial banks. And the career opportunity is very limited because most the manager-level employees comes from oversees.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the compensation and salaries

it's a typical Chinese big national company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pros of workng here is that you are dealing with very big name client. People there are all well paid. The workign environment is very light, not stressful at all.

Consveryyyyy bureaucratic. This is a typical Chinese national big bank. Everything is happening in a very slow pace. It has a strict hierarchy.

Advice to Senior Managementget your staffs to actually work

A very disorganized company.

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) Kelowna, BC (Canada)

ProsDecent pension plan. OK benefits. Average pay.

ConsNo consideration given by management to make the job easier. Very cheap company. No perks. Management configuration is very disjointed. Super-low employee morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to staff ideas and reasons and actually do something to fix things.

Instead of fixing a problem, they eliminate it from the equation.

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsThe work hours, the location, the benefits (pension, medical, training). They pay 100 % MSP for you and your spouse.

ConsThe culture is terrible. They make you complete an employee survey, and if they don't get the desired results for a particular question, they omit the question the following year. Same went for customer satisfaction. They could not reach the benchmark so they took it out of the corporate strategy. Instead of fixing problems, they just dismiss them. The new CEO is absent. They figure if people are not leaving and employee satisfaction is poor, why fix it if there is no turn over.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome transparent, and attempt to complete the tasks of the front line workers to grow some empathy.

A good company with nice working environment

Programmer (Former Employee) Tianjin, Tianjin (China)

ProsThe employees are friendly. The working environment is good. People can learn new skills from working with their team.

ConsNothing I could think of.

Worst Professional Experience

Project Manager (Former Employee) North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsGood benefits, work-life balance and pension plan.

ConsUninspiring leadership. Plenty of managers but no leaders. Not open to ideas from the outside. Not a place for real professionals who want to make a difference or those new to the workforce who want to learn how to do things right.

Advice to Senior ManagementICBC is an incompetent organization and should be privatized.

Good place to work, if your just starting out

Claims Support Assistant (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsChance to get your CIP courses, if you have your manager's approval

ConsOverwhelming workload. Staff shortage, due to cutbacks. Office politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the frequency of performance reviews. It's too often.

Worked for Icbc? Contribute to the Community!