Icentris

Icentris Reviews

1 Review
1 Review

Peter Benedict

Some late nights and early mornings working with iCentris.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Icentris full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of our co-workers are great to work with though some have a real attitudes and superiority complexes and could care less about you.
    Once in while they would have an "auction" where you could win all sorts of prizes through the use of iCentris bucks that you could earn for doing something good. They were given out as "atta-boys" and you could give them to your co-workers as well. Each person was given an allotment of money every now and then. Management would purchase all sorts of prizes from high-end electronics, to tickets, to mini-vacations to gift certificates etc. So this was a pretty nice program, except it seemed very skewed as only a few people would ever be able to bid enough money to win an auction for a high value item, unless you hoarded your iCentris bucks for several months. The developers who seemingly did all the work typically had a high amount of iCentris bucks for every auction that forced some of the lesser rewarded people out, even though they did a lot of work in their own realm of things. Personally, I would have rather just had cash, but this was the program they instituted at the time.

Cons

Always worried about whether we will have a job or not. Issues getting VC and there were some bad rumors of shady deals going on with one person who was supposedly supplying some of the cash.
    Working with the IT department is like having to step on egg shells. They have short fuses and are very unapproachable. There are some real "tools" in this department.
    Benefits were not the best, but for a smaller company I suppose they were alright. It would have been nice if they did not change providers and plans as often, but I am sure they were watching their bottom line.
    They have had to lay-off several people to remain economically viable.

Be honest with your employees and communicate better. Regular feedback is an important part of successful organizational behavior, something most feel is lacking here.
    Smile more and be more friendly.