Iconic Solutions

Updated January 27, 2015
4.4

Iconic Solutions CEO/President Courtney Brewington
Courtney Brewington

Earning my MBA, but being paid for it.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Portland, OR

I have been working at Iconic Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As I was searching for my next position, I wanted to find a career that wouldn't hold me back. Iconic Solutions has given me a chance to pursue my dreams that I didn't think I could reach unless I had an MBA and was a chief officer of some Fortune 500 company. I am learning new skills on a daily basis and those improvements make me excited to wake up every morning. For me, the leadership aspect and being able to help develop different personalities is crucial. In addition, I am already learning the HR, SEO and administrative work that it takes to run a business. The foundation I'm building currently and all the skills I'm being taught will allow me to accomplish my life goal of owning my own Sports Bar & Grill by the Fall of 2017. I'm thinking I'm going to call it "The Clubhouse."

Cons

I wouldn't mind a cooler temperature in the office. With everyone up and about working with excitement it gets a little toasty.

The only advice I have for management is to get some more business books in our library. I'm pretty sure I've read Robert Kiyosaki's books twice now. Not that it's a bad thing because his books are great!

Great advancement but tough work

Former Employee - Account Leader
    Former Employee - Account Leader

I worked at Iconic Solutions

Pros

It is a great working environment. The company has cool people and are really fun to hang out with. One can advance in the company very rapidly and be running their own office in 1-2 years

Cons

It is long hours of work and requires individuals to work very hard. All pay is based on commissions.

Providing a small base rate with commissions as the bulk of pay would help people stay longer.

An Analysis On Iconic Solutions

Former Employee - Account Leader in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Account Leader in Portland, OR

I worked at Iconic Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They are nice. That is one pro.

Cons

Through and through, it is a job that appears to offer a life of opportunity with extravagance and opulence, but it is, indeed, mendacious. It is a company that feeds you non-sense and is on the crux of brainwashing. Whether its their web page and their hiring process, it is almost nothing but a culmination of deceit. Accordingly, I will provide examples. First, and indeed that most laudable to scrutiny, is its claim to provide opportunities. The obvious question to ask: what opportunities do they offer or claim, and are they true opportunities - "a set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something" (according to Webster)? I will answer the former and work toward the ladder. But before I do that I need to explicate the method they use in their company for opportunity and other relevant factors. The company has 4 positions. Entry- level, Leadership, Assistant Manager, and Manager. At entry level you do door to door sales - even the last two still perform it when there is scarcity of employees. At leadership, almost nothing changes. You are paid the same, except now you are trying to hire people - which, they do not tell you, is almost completely impossible. The next level you finally get somewhere, but you have to meet requirements to advance, which depends on your employees loyalty and sense of coherency. Finally, you get to manager, where, you have the best position - obviously. And what now? You try to put together a company that is predicated on half-truths and erstwhile taking a huge sum of money of all the employees sales. So, do they provide opportunities? Sure. But then again, so does Subway. And like both, you get nowhere - expect the aberrations who wean of commendation. Next, are they true opportunities? That is, congruent with their assertions? No. And don't just read this and agree, I recommend anyone to go there and try it. To see it and hear it for themselves. My advice for college graduates is to steer away from this company. So many better companies are out there and do not hide information from you. (Or better, tell you important facts when finally demanded).

Tell people about the job, and stop hiding information about it forthwith. Give them facts about your environment, and not disingenuous information. Tell them it is door to door sales, that about 1 and 600 people make it - and we know who it is, the football toad who has spent the majority of his existence having an ostentatious lifestyle and approbations from his peers due to his arrogance. That you have to work six days a week, and that "trimming the fat" does happen. (People who end up being fired due to incompetence for lack of apprehension). That you do not pay for training - which is about 2-3 weeks. That you are - surreptitiously - manipulated to join team night every Thursday despite everything I just mentioned. That the whole team doesn't travel unless they pay for their flight or if they sell so additionally - which is not provided by the company - unless you are assistant manager or manager (which once a year you got to Hawaii). And lastly, please stop advertising - nearly imposing- that you made the top 100 Oregon Business. it doesn't imply you are ethical, that you honest, or that you are even remotely propounding growth. Many immoral companies that have been closed down in Portland have achieved this hilarious laughing stock. Which I can provide up to 15 and still counting.

Fast-paced, upbeat work environment with unlimited growth potential

I have been working at Iconic Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been working full-time at Iconic Solutions for almost a year now. As a recent college grad, I was open to new challenges and opportunities; so long as I gained valuable experience along the way. I've found that Iconic Solutions offers incredible sales and marketing experience that compliments the management training very well. I've learned managerial skills ranging from training and interviewing, to leadership and public speaking. Iconic Solutions also offers an upbeat, fast-paced work environment with merit-based upward mobility.

Cons

You'd better be ready to rock and roll as soon as the work day begins.

Awesome company to work for! Travel opportunities and great company culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Iconic Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great training program, enthusiastic people, nights and weekends off! Management really cares about what you have to say.

Cons

Every employee has to make goals and are expected to stick to them..sometimes it's not as easy as it sounds. Some days you want to work hard.. some days you don't.

Having a kitchen with a microwave and bottled water is awesome.. now if we can just get a refrigerator to go with it!

great experience!!!

Former Employee - Account Representative in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Tigard, OR

I worked at Iconic Solutions part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I worked in Iconic Solutions for about 5 months and due to I am still a student, I went back to school. The experience is great!!! It is a learning process, which is not only you can learn from the company, but also from the interact with customers.

Cons

The working hour is a little bit longer but you will enjoy all the morning meetings and training!

I believe every one has a good opinion! Talk with leaders or even entry level interns is always a good way to improve the company!

Achieve my personal goal with the development of the company

Current Employee - Accountant Executive in Tigard, OR
    Current Employee - Accountant Executive in Tigard, OR

I have been working at Iconic Solutions part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Iconic Solutions gives everyone an equal chance to improve and get promoted. I gained a lot of confidence during a short time and got promoted from entry level. I experienced a great working environment with an awesome team! I become stronger and more confident now. We learn together and compete as a team. We work hard. Most importantly, we have a lot of fun during the work.

Cons

We work longer than normal jobs, but it is all worthy.

Probably one of the best places I'll ever work

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Portland, OR

I worked at Iconic Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Iconic Solutions is definitely an organization that will springboard your career and provide you with invaluable knowledge of becoming a brand of your own. Absolutely loved it. The CEO, Ms. Brewington, is really a great person. She provides a professional, but relaxed, environment. She'll put you to work, but keep a smile on your face.

Cons

Be ready to dedicate yourself to your craft, because Iconic Solutions will pull it out of you if you really want it.

Fun Environment, Cool People, Not for me!

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Portland, OR

I worked at Iconic Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was extremely nice and motivated. The energy is right out of college and busy. Anyone would feel immediately welcomed and see these kids are ready to build a career here.

Cons

I felt a little out of place. I'm not in my 20's or even 30's and I did not recently graduate from school. I feel I might be a little stuck in my ways. I am not ready to help a company grow or expand. I want to come in to my cubicle and do my job without being worried about helping others with theirs.

Although any experience "can" apply to what the job is, you should really be looking for fresh go getters. Little experience might be best, rather than someone who has already had management experience!

Iconic Solutions is a great place to start for anyone who hopes to be their own boss.

Current Employee - Account Representative in Tigard, OR
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Tigard, OR

I have been working at Iconic Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Iconic solutions for almost 4 months now and I've enjoyed every moment of it. I never imagined that at my age and level of experience I would be given such an awesome opportunity. This company has already taught me so much and I've already received a promotion and a lot of recognition for all of my hard work.

Cons

The difference between a job and a career is 40 hours a week versus 60
    Not saying that this is required but if you want to advance quickly with this company be prepared and dedicated to giving it your all

Always stay true to your work and give recognition to those who deserve it