Idaho Central Credit Union

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kent Oram

Green Team For The Win

Financial Services Officer (Current Employee)
    Boise, ID

ProsManagement actually cares about the employees and there is plenty of room for advancement. The benefits are amazing and pay is great. It is the largest group of amazing people possible. I never thought that I would actually love my job!!!

ConsThere is nothing that I would change about the way this company operates!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change the way you do things. I will be there until I retire and I know that I will always love being employed with ICCU.

Amazing place to work!!!

Member Service Specialist (Current Employee)
    Nampa, ID

ProsGreat salary, benefits, and a great team to work with!

ConsNone, I love every second of it!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, you guys are awesome!!!:)

Best Place To Work

Management (Current Employee)
    Pocatello, ID

ProsAwesome benefits
    Awesome employee support from management
    promotes from within
    Upper management cares about their employees

ConsThere are always people within an institution who will be difficult to work with, but I believe Idaho Central Credit Union is looking out for me. The upper management has asked the branch representative's opinions, and they listen. They implement a lot of the requests they are given if they see a need, and the board of directors is awesome! I love my job at ICCU, and I will work for them until I retire...if I am lucky enough to do so. I highly recommend anyone interested to apply.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! However, I believe every employee should spend some time in the branch, and get a clear perspective on what it's like to be member facing. It's a valuable perspective.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Outgoing

Teller (Current Employee)
    Boise, ID

ProsThe local atmosphere. The ability to care for the members of the credit union. Living up to the standards of their mission statement.

ConsAdvancement within the company is time consuming even for an individual who is well knowledged in the day to day job setting.

Good place to work, if you have the right manager

IT (Former Employee)
    Chubbuck, ID

ProsUpper management cares about employees, for the most part.
    Good salary
    Decent benefits
    Community involvement
    Growing all of the time

ConsPolitics get in the way of employees performing their best. Politics also gets in the way of personal life when you're wanted at some event going on outside of work.
    If you don't have a good manager, then this place can suck big time.
    The VP of IT is a bully and manages by intimidation. Nothing is ever done about it so that department wont get any better until he leaves. (another review posted here about IT management hit the nail on the head.
    Work/Life balance - stems from a demanding manager forcing employees to work extra hours and from home.
    Internal surveys done to help improve departments are a sham. You are urged to rate favorably. This is especially apparent when the "Best place to work" survey comes out every year.
    Company values aren't followed to the fullest.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to makes sure they stick to the company values, and make sure other managers are too.
    Take care of IT. That place is a mess and it comes from one person.
    Make sure employees have a good balance of work/personal life.

Poor Management Style

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Pocatello, ID

ProsEmployer paid benefits were the best I've ever seen. For non-IT departments, there is room to grow and get promoted from within.

ConsLow compensation for IT team.
    Management doesn't listen. Ideas that come from those in non-manager positions are not listened to. If, by some miracle they are, managers take all the credit. The VP of IT was the worst manager I've ever worked for. He has an "I"m never wrong" attitude. After others had left the company, he bad-mouthed everything the did. I'm sure he did the same about me.
    There were many "knee-jerk" reactions. Rather than think through what would be best for the employees and the company, managers only look out for their best interests.
    Managers and above take a large bonus at the end of the year, but most workers don't get any bonus at all.
    For salary employees they are too focused on the number of hours worked than the work that was done. We were told that if we didn't put in at least 45 hours per week, we shouldn't expect a raise. And that 45 hours didn't include the time spend working evenings or from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize what a great workforce you have and treat them accordingly.

Not the brightest upper management

Personal Banker (Current Employee)

Prosgood members
    some locations are great, depends on the management
    decent schedules

ConsExecutives are close minded to smart change
    Sales pressures are intense
    Pay is not good for industry
    The credit union is CHEAP!

Advice to Senior ManagementPocatello officers need to get out of their offices and visit stores, solicite employee feedback before implementing change. Get on the same page, level of inconsistent answers and incompetence is crazy. Accountabeility for less than stellar employees is too lax, if someone can not do the job they were hired to do, get rid of them, and stop expecting other employees in the branch to pick up their slack.

Worked for Idaho Central Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Idaho Central Credit Union reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Idaho Central Credit Union CEO Kent Oram. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Idaho Central Credit Union employees.